Click for Cancer Campaign

Need advice from The British Residents Society in North Cyprus? Find out about and help charities in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

tulips
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

Click for Cancer Campaign

•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by tulips »

Hi All

LGC News are running a "click for cancer campaign" for Tulips/Help Those With Cancer Association. If you click on https://www.facebook.com/lgcnews/app_190322544333196 it takes you to a facebook page where at the top of the page there is a "like" button and you need to just click on that button. If we receive 600 likes, they will donat 600TL to our Association.

This is a great initiative for us and also for you as it costs you NO money, just one single click. Please, please please help us to reach the 600 clicks, we are only at 28 at the moment and we think that is because of a lack of awareness - so come on people CLICK FOR CANCER - after all it could be you!

Best wishes to you all.

Carole and Sue
Last edited by tulips on Sat 19 Jan 2013 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Click for Cancer Campaign

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

ok done my click hopefully thats 29 now

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Clicked!!

squashmad
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by squashmad »

Fabulous idea as there are so many people on facebook but unfortunately not me but I wish you luck!

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

you dont need to be on face book you just clickon the first post

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

don't forget guys and gals that Tulips will be helped by Kibkom when Soner does his annual charity donating session, the funds of which come from every thread you create here (1tl a go!) and from a percentage of advertising revenue and also from donations form KibKomers who have found what they want here. the more we all support KibKom the more KibKom can give to charity.

Also, (and I am doing the girls job here) an even better way of giv ing is to send a blank sms to 4171 and 5tl will be added to your bill and given to Tuliipsw. Just imagine how much that would be if eveyr kibkomer did that once a week! It applies to all Turkcell and Telsim mobiles.

so thanks in advance everyone for all your charitable donations that go v ia KibKom (apart from the sms which is direct! )

So, (in my view) no need to click to go to another web site to give, carry on giving via here and all the many other ways the 'girls' make possible for us.

(and I have said this because I feel it and not because Soner has told me to, as some doubting Thomases might think)

Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Am I the only member who finds it a bit strange why there is an objection to "clicking" on a link posted here?

Two other forums have allowed the posting of the link that the ladies have posted without objection.

At the end of the day, it achieves what is needed........money for a good cause.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

this is entirely my opinion and may not be that of other moderators or of soner,but trhe reason I think it is a little 'strange' is because Kibkom does its best to also raise money for charity (including Tulips), so why direct to another site, And as I say, there is the sms facility .

what the other sites dec ide to do is ,in one sense, nothing to do with this one, but to me (and again I emphasise this is a personla thing) I do not see why one needs to direct traffic to another web site. For any other posting it is NOT allowed - but I realise this is for charity, so also understand why you think it is 'strange;'. However, as I say, we are all batting for the same team, so why direct elsewhere?

But at the end of the day, I just hope that people support Tulips and all the other worthwhile charities.

I leave it any other moderator and/or soner to comment , but I emphasise this is mY feeling.

Just give 'em your money - you don't need to do it by clicking on another web site, or posting here - just GIVE THEM money.
Maid Marion of Malatya

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Thank you for your reply Marions.

Have to say (and this is only my opinion), that without members the forum's wouldn't run and as long as members don't object to the link where they can choose to click or not, I honestly don't know why this board is discouraging members from helping raise funds for a worthwhile charity.

Would be interesting to know what other members think.

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

I must say Puppylover I agree with you . This really does seem to me to of been blown up over nothing . This is the only forum that I have joined to and just beause I have " clicked " to help a charity doesn't mean I have joined another forum , If anything I have encouraged people to come on here to help the cause .

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

I apologise in so far as this is not really referring to another Forum, but is making an awareness of a newspage connected to a forum -which could happen here.

But just one question I do not seem to have clear in my mind.
Are they going to give 1tl for every click, or will they give only if there are 600 clicks???????? If the latter, then why???????
Maid Marion of Malatya

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Posting Links to other Forums and websites
Posting links to other forums and websites is permitted with the discretion of
our forum moderators. Pointing out something on another forum or website
for information purposes, is acceptable. Nevertheless, linking to specific
forums or websites repetitively, for the purposes of advertising that forum or
website, will get you banned.

Having read the forum rule in regards to links etc I still don't understand why there is an objection to discouraging members not to "click".

I think it would be helpful if an explanation could be given.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

OK, here goes..... I did put a post up previously explaining why, and also Tulips had responded as well as carolhm, then I decided to let things be and leave this thread to run, deleting all other posts so that it could carry on its course.

This is the issue, I had been previously contacted by owner of LGC asking if he could promote his new site on Kibkom, I had declined as it seemed like he wanted to promote his forum which is linked to the site. This campaign is not just to give to charity, but main intention is to build up traffic to the news site which promotes their forum. Since setting up the Kibkom Forum we have been constantly under attack by other forum owners trying to divert traffic, cause problems by attacking threads, and attacking Kibkom for the decisions taken by moderators in order to keep this forum peaceful.

A forum will not survive if membership numbers and posts dwindle. My moderators and I have spent as lot of our time and energy in trying to keep this forum at the forefront. I have spent my hard earned cash in marketing and promoting the forum through proper means of advertising. I have said that I will not take a penny made through selling advertising space on the forum and all proceeds will be given out to TRNC charities in March, Tulips being on our list to receive. If however Kibkom loses members to other forums and traffic is reduced then our aims will not be achievable and our hard work will just have gone to waste.

I had decided to let this thread run in the end solely on the basis that LGC will pay out to charity and have contacted the owner of LGC to let him know this. Please feel free to click on the link, then click "LIKE" on their facebook page to confirm that you LIKE LGC and they will donate 1TL to Tulips.

Was hoping that it would not come to this, but seems like an explanation was needed. At the end of the day I am only protecting my Business.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

puppylover, nobody is being discouraged to click.

Marion, I believe the 600 will eventually be reached as there is no time limit, so LGC will donate the 600TL once target has been reached. Could be 1 week, 1 month....etc.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Sorry to contradict the boss, but as I understand it 600tl will be giv en when 600 clicks have been received. Nothing more and nothing less. In other words when you click you are adding to the total, but are NOT responsible for giving 1tl.

I am in full agreement with Soner (as others know) and he is generous in the extreme. the current competition in KibKom/Star is financed from his own pocket, so as far as I am concerned he deserves all the loyalty I can muster, and maybe that is why I am sometimes over defensiv e or may be seen to over moderate.

But wqill someone PLEASE tell me if I have got it wrong. Does every single click give 1tl to Tulips, or will nothing be given if the 600 is not reached??? As soner says there is no time limit on this, but will people give up before the 600?
Maid Marion of Malatya

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Soner

Many thanks for taking the time to clarify the situation on your part and reading between the lines I understand that your task as a forum owner is not an easy one.
Having said that, I will have to disagree that members were being discouraged not to click, as they were by the same person on another forum.
Having been a moderator (in a previous life on another forum!) I know that being a moderator is a thankless task and I know that as members we should be grateful and support the people who do give up their time to do the task, but on this occasion, if you read through the comments in this thread that personal feelings did came in to play.

I myself, and I am sure other member would agree, that any charity is grateful for any donation, by whatever means, and are grateful that you have allowed the link to remain so that people can make their own minds up to "click" or not.

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

No Marion , it has to reach 600 and only then the money will be handed over , but I am sure it wont take too long and there for people wont give up .

Well thats how it reads to me .

So come on people get clicking and help the 600 .

And just so you know this is a very good forum and you wont lose people to others

puppylover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by puppylover »

Just to clarify things.
I have made contact with those in the know about this campaign, and they will pay 1TL for eack "click" up to 600.

Even if they do not achieve the set amount of 600 clicks they will still pay out.

Get "clicking" for this worthy cause...please.

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

Thats even better then

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

decidedly better as far as finance is concerned. so is there to be a time limit on this? Tulips certainly need all they can get considering that they need around 110,000tl every MONTH - a huge sum of money. And of course the locals give through their salaries and they are the main sustainers of the work that is done to help cancer sufferers.

I still love the sms 4171 personally - but I guess that is 4 clicks! and yes, as a moderator I do have emotions, but it is also connected with the 'business' angle which soner explained. sometimes difficult to divorce the two.

My only plea is for everyone to support Tulips as much as possible, and preferably with as much as they can afford - and thatr goes for other charities.

In many cases it is definitely 'there but for the grace of God go I' and the thought of suffering what some people have (including several members o fmy family) and not being able to find help, is a little chilling to say the least, not just for me but for anyone. Tulips should not really exist as help should be at state level, but it isn't and that is why Tulips needs lots of lovely money.
Maid Marion of Malatya

Return to “CHARITY & SOCIETY - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”