Plumber Required

Plumbers - Electricians - Plasterers - Decorators - Builders - Construction Companies

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Lumpy Jumper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Plumber Required

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Lumpy Jumper »

Hi everyone,
I require a plumber to check out my central heating.
I have had a tradesman come and look and I am after a second opinion.
I need my radiators flushing as they are cold on the bottom and hot at the top.
Can anyone recommend anybody who deals with any services combi boilers.
Thank you

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

Re: Plumber Required

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Its a problem with your pump. You probably need a new boiler as should not think you can get the spares out here. I don’t do boilers but I am sure that is problem nothing to do with rads

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Common fault, radiators get full of “sludge” at the bottom, this blocks the water and the bottom stays cold. Normal with steel or iron radiators, depends how long you have had them as well, but don’t know about copper core radiators - that’s because I am not a plumber but I have installed my own central heating in the UK some years back and suffered the same problem. Solution then was to very carefully - because they are full of water and sludge - remove them one at a time and flush them out with clean water. Best left to a professional and well worth the expense - avoids buying new carpets plus flowers and chocolates for the wife!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Lumpy Jumper
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Lumpy Jumper »

waddo wrote:
Thu 18 Nov 2021 4:09 pm
Common fault, radiators get full of “sludge” at the bottom, this blocks the water and the bottom stays cold. Normal with steel or iron radiators, depends how long you have had them as well, but don’t know about copper core radiators - that’s because I am not a plumber but I have installed my own central heating in the UK some years back and suffered the same problem. Solution then was to very carefully - because they are full of water and sludge - remove them one at a time and flush them out with clean water. Best left to a professional and well worth the expense - avoids buying new carpets plus flowers and chocolates for the wife!!!
Waldo, that’s exactly what I think the problem is. The tradesmen I have had in seemed to be very against doing it!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I am not surprised! It involves work after all and some people just want the money - lol. I must admit that it is a dirty job and unless you really know what you are doing and know how to - possibly - re prime the boiler as well then a lot of “tradesmen” will avoid it.

I know a good plumber for central heating installation/service and repairs to the system but he will not be back from Turkey till the 4th of December. If you are still stuck then I will ask him for you! He only speaks Turkish by the way.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Becker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Becker »

If your rads are full of sludge then the reason would be that there is no inhibitor in system. The system needs draining completely then refilling with clean water,drain again then refill adding a system cleaner. Activate system to circulate for a few hours then drain completely. Refill with water & run for a further hour or so to flush cleaner. Drain again & refill adding a system inhibitor,this should maintain system eliminating further sludge in rads. Assuming you fil to 1.5bar then when hot should run around 2 when hot. Doubt it’s the pump as rads wouldn’t get warm at all & boiler is working to heat it. If you take rads off at any time to decorate behind then inhibitor must be added when refilling. Make sure the cleaner & inhibitor used is suitable for hear exchanger in boiler. Water in heating system can’t mix with domestic hot water in combi boilers.

wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Two years ago changed our UK boiler the heating engineer flushed water through the system for two hours
Could water into the system from upstairs out of the system at the lowest point downstairs and down the drain
Normally this would be expensive in the TRNC but with a weaker lira might be a time to do it
It was refilled with inhibiter and a magnetic cartridge filter in the system by the boiler
No blocked radiators gas bill reduced as well .Our system is a mixture of standard copper and stainless steel then down stairs microbore copper so not an even flow

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Some years ago we had similar trouble with radiators warm at the top, cold at the bottom. We took one off the wall to get rid of what we thought would be gunge. Nothing.

Plumber called and tried all sorts. No joy. Eventually discovered a filter in the feed pipe from the boiler itself - that’s where the gunge was, restricting the water flow.

Cleaned the filter and problem solved.

If all your radiators have the same problem it might be worth checking the service manual for your boiler (not the customer manual).

ash2828
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by ash2828 »

Hi

Sorry to interfere with this post but I am looking for a plumber who can install a wet under floor heating with a air source heat pump. I will provide all the materials just need a price for installation. Please call me on 05498498108 ash

Return to “TRADESMEN - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”