Staying In Lapta

Find out about activities taking place in TRNC. Out on holiday? Find out about Scubba Diving, Paragliding, Bird Watching, Hiking Trips, Fishing and much more...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Steveb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Staying In Lapta

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Steveb »

Hi Everyone,

We are staying in Lovely Lapta this summer Villa Federer, can anyone advise on the local resteraunts and thing to do while we are there.
What is the recomended taxi companies.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Steve

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Staying In Lapta

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by SussexBoy »

Have you asked the owner of the villa about restaurants? I would have thought the owner should have this sort of thing at his/her fingertips as it is a valid question that, in my experience, many hirers ask. I provide guests with my own personal reviews of restaurants in the Esentepe area on the east side of Girne.

Here is my interactive map of things to do or places to go while you are staying. I admit that it is a little bit biased towards to east of Girne but it may still be of interest to you. This assumes that you would be hiring a car which is really the only good way of exploring this beautiful island.
https://www.google.com/maps/d/u/0/edit? ... 83304&z=10

Others may wish to comment on taxis in the area local to Lapta.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Steveb wrote:Hi Everyone,

We are staying in Lovely Lapta this summer Villa Federer, can anyone advise on the local resteraunts and thing to do while we are there.

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

It's a pretty 'wide' question really and such things are very 'personal' but I'll have a shot as someone who lives in the Lapta area.

Restaurants - that we like and use fairly regularly.

For evening meal that is not 'kebab' based and is Itlaian leaning we (me and my other half) like Veni Vici . For Chinese we like Green Lotus. Other places would be Silver Rocks (also during the day) and Calamari - bit more 'kebab' based bu also fine. For late English breakfast or simple lunch of grilled sea bass with a side of calamari and a nice seafront location we like Rosies. Also like Deli cafe for breakfast or bacon sarnie - up to midday. For slightly 'posher' evening meal Almond holiday village is not bad. There are loads more really and no doubt other great places we have not tried ourselves.

As to things to do, that are specifically 'lapta' based

There is the bowls club (green bowling) - not really my thing but its in lapta. There is the Saturday 'Lambousa market', that has a great charity (Kyrenia Animal Rescue) second hand book stall, that just happens to be run by my 'other half' that may or may not be your kind of cup of tea.

These are the answers that come off the top on my head. It is no sort of comprehensive list.

woodspeckie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by woodspeckie »

If you like walking there is the Lapta walk along the sea front with a little cabin serving drinks and light snacks.

Steveb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Steveb »

erol wrote:
Steveb wrote:Hi Everyone,

Any advice appreciated

Thanks
Steve
Hi Steve and welcome to the forum.

It's a pretty 'wide' question really and such things are very 'personal' but I'll have a shot as someone who lives in the Lapta area.

Restaurants - that we like and use fairly regularly.

For evening meal that is not 'kebab' based and is Itlaian leaning we (me and my other half) like Veni Vici . For Chinese we like Green Lotus. Other places would be Silver Rocks (also during the day) and Calamari - bit more 'kebab' based bu also fine. For late English breakfast or simple lunch of grilled sea bass with a side of calamari and a nice seafront location we like Rosies. Also like Deli cafe for breakfast or bacon sarnie - up to midday. For slightly 'posher' evening meal Almond holiday village is not bad. There are loads more really and no doubt other great places we have not tried ourselves.

As to things to do, that are specifically 'lapta' based

There is the bowls club (green bowling) - not really my thing but its in lapta. There is the Saturday 'Lambousa market', that has a great charity (Kyrenia Animal Rescue) second hand book stall, that just happens to be run by my 'other half' that may or may not be your kind of cup of tea.

These are the answers that come off the top on my head. It is no sort of comprehensive list.
Thanks for the info its helpfull.
Is there a recomended taxi company we should use

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

http://www.cyprusbooking.com has lots of info on things to do, car hire etc. for restaurants try looking on the restaurant section of kibkom or on trip advisor for reviews and an idea of what food you would like to eat as many people have different tastes. lapta has a great new walkway. alsancak has scuba diving at camelot, water activities, good beaches all over the north in general, ten pin bowling alley not too far away (girne bypass) , girne harbour and castle, st hilarion castle. depends what you want to do really. unsure of taxis as never used taxis other than transfer service here. local dolmus (white minibuses) are very cheap and run every few minutes along the main road into town (girne) etc

mermaidsexist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by mermaidsexist »

if you want to go further afield highly recommend Karpaz peninsula with golden beaches, crystal clear sea and donkeys

Return to “ACTIVITIES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”