Good beaches for ordinary swimming

Find out about activities taking place in TRNC. Out on holiday? Find out about Scubba Diving, Paragliding, Bird Watching, Hiking Trips, Fishing and much more...

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Good beaches for ordinary swimming

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

So far I've been to Incirli Beach in Lapta, Golden Beach, and two of the beaches in Alagadi. Incirli was too ugly IMO, while the Alagadi ones had too many rocks in the water. As such, Golden Beach is the only one, so far, that I really liked.

What are some of the finer beaches in North Cyprus with pure, clear water without too many rocks and algae?

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Good beaches for ordinary swimming

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Famagusta way has imo probably the best sandy beaches

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

Cally wrote:Famagusta way has imo probably the best sandy beaches
Any specific ones you can recommend?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Acapulco Resort beach is excellent, Escape beach is good, the Belediye beach at Kervanseray is good as well, there are loads of beaches - you just need to go down every road and track that leads towards the sea and do a little exploring...

Don't forget - access to the coastline is a right, enshrined in TRNC Law, so if anyone tries to charge you an 'Entrance Fee', just refuse (unless you intend to use the 'Facilities') and explain your rights.

If they won't listen, call the Police!

They always sort it out

Mint1955
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mint1955 »

Try Kaplica just past Tatlisu or Oasis beach further down the Karpaz

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

I'm afraid not crazydre, as Keith suggests try them all

Crazydre
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Crazydre »

Keithcaley wrote:
Don't forget - access to the coastline is a right, enshrined in TRNC Law, so if anyone tries to charge you an 'Entrance Fee', just refuse (unless you intend to use the 'Facilities') and explain your rights.

They always sort it out
Article 38.4 of the constitution I suppose. Do the police actually bother enforcing it though? From my observations they seemingly prefer sitting on their bottoms rather than actually doing anything.

Just got refused entry to Acapulco, with the guards nonchalantly stating "public interest" which is mentioned in said paragraph.

So to clarify, if I go there tomorrow and stand my ground, and end up calling the police, will the police actually take the trouble to deal with this?

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

Crazydre wrote:
Keithcaley wrote:

They always sort it out
Article 38.4 of the constitution I suppose. Do the police actually bother enforcing it though? From my observations they seemingly prefer sitting on their bottoms rather than actually doing anything.

Just got refused entry to Acapulco, with the guards nonchalantly stating "public interest" which is mentioned in said paragraph.

So to clarify, if I go there tomorrow and stand my ground, and end up calling the police, will the police actually take the trouble to deal with this?
Try it and see. The Police have attended several cases and even threatened to arrest hotel managers. You appear to have a fairly low opinion of policing here.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Crazydre wrote:...if I go there tomorrow and stand my ground, and end up calling the police, will the police actually take the trouble to deal with this?
From all of the reports that I've seen, both in the newspaper and on this Forum, the answer appears to be 'Yes'...

Don't just be a 'Leach' - go there, try it, stand your ground, call the Police if necessary, and let us know what happens!

BURTONS808
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by BURTONS808 »

So what happened?

Return to “ACTIVITIES - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”