Butchers to the west of girne

Share your recipes with other Kibkom members. Find out where to buy food & drink products in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Dang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Butchers to the west of girne

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Dang »

Hello
Im bringing my family over to north cyprus on holiday and was hoping that some one living in the lapta area could point me in the right direction of a butcher they recommend or am i best off just better off buying meat at one of the large supermarket chains?
Thanks for your time and any advice would be appreciated.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Butchers to the west of girne

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

If in Girne, try Best Butchers ( Zorlu Kasap), you will not be disappointed. Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OzankoyButchers/
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

helendj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by helendj »

Must confirm Soner's recommendation. This particular butcher, although a little distance from Lapta, is the best we have found on the island. He speaks perfect English, and his shop produce speaks for itself. He is also very obliging if you want something special, i.e. I can't eat fat so had to ask him to trim off all the fat before he minced it for me, and he did so so well that when I cooked the mince there wasn't a scrap of fat in it. He has a good variety of meat, and everything is super clean - like a lot of other Kibkomers I can't recommend this man enough, you will not be disappointed. I do hope you try him.

pc4854
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by pc4854 »

AlTyler butcher Alsancak (next to Laconic and Glammour fairy) speaks good english and tell him exactly what you want. I have just purcased 2 kilos of fat free minced beef, exactly what I asked for.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Another great fan of Yusuf (Best Butcher) here; if you are going to have a car, have a look at this thread, message 9, where I posted a link which shows the shop on a map....
There are some roadworks on just near his shop at the moment complicating navigation, but the trip will be worth it!

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Without in any way saying that Best Butcher is not remarkable if I was on holiday in Lapta with my family I would not want to spend half a day in this heat driving through loads of traffic, roadworks & diversions in Ozankoy to buy some meat!!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

On holiday and I drive from Gecitkale. Well worth the journey.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by tomsteel »

We travel 30+ kms from Tatlisu area to use Yusef in Ozankoy. However, each to their own. Air conditioning in cars take the heat out of the drive.

Loobyloo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Loobyloo »

Fast food butcher in Alsancak will provide very good steak mince, and fillet steak, Pork shop near Starling is good for pork and bacon, no need to go all the way to the other side just to buy meat.

dan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by dan »

Where is the Fast Food butcher in Alsancak?

flowerfairy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by flowerfairy »

Hi Dan,
if you're coming from the direction of Girne, through Alsancak village, past fast food restaurant on your right hand side. There is a tiled kind of roundabout pattern on the road,( but it isn't one,) Fast food butcher is on the right hand side, just past there.

I have used fast food for ages, his meat is always good, the difference between him and best butchers in Ozankoy, is that best butchers have their meat displayed, and he does English cuts. In fast food, you just ask for what you would like, then he takes it from his fridge. His English is very good too.
Hope this helps,
Don't live in the past, make new memories every day,

Johnny Lee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Johnny Lee »

Fast Food Butchers, superb. Especially his steak. Never had better and for the most incredible pork products The Pork Shop at Alsancak.

Dang
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Dang »

Thankyou for your replies. If im in the catalkoy area will detour to ozankoy on way back. Also the recommendation in Alsancak will be visited!! Nothing like bbq in Cyprus.
Love everything about the place!

Return to “FOOD & DRINK - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”