Seedless Dried Fruit

Share your recipes with other Kibkom members. Find out where to buy food & drink products in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Bridgett
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Seedless Dried Fruit

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Bridgett »

Does anyone know where I can get some please? I bought a kilo from the market last Wednesday, only to find the raisins, sultanas and currants full of seeds, which has ruined my Christmas cake

I do hope someone can point me in the right direction....a direction that isn't over the border please

Thanks in advance.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Seedless Dried Fruit

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I only buy sultanas now, as found out of the three you mentioned, those were the only ones that I could find without seeds. I now use sultanas and cranberries or blueberries in place of the others in recipes, or just sultanas. My suggestion to you, is try before you buy, at supermarkets or markets if they are sold loose, then you will know for sure. I have seen boxes of imported currants and raisins in Tempo in the past, so possibly available at other supermarkets too. Would imagine that they have a higher price tag.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Last year we (the royal “we” - ‘twas really the boss!) had the same problem. Someone said they might be in the stores on the dark side a week or two before Christmas and, lo and behold, it was so. Alfamega.
This year “we” were prepared with supplies bought during visits to grandweans and brought back.

Bridgett
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Bridgett »

Thank you all so much. Merry Christmas

Return to “FOOD & DRINK - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”