beware turkies

Share your recipes with other Kibkom members. Find out where to buy food & drink products in the TRNC.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum

beware turkies

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Just thought i should post this . Yesterday i bought a turkey at a well know super market when i got it home and opened the plastic bag the smell was worst than passing the Elexas hotel also looking very green . This is the 4th turkey bought this year as i love em . High in protein low in fat . As i am staying in my house in Yeni Erencoy at the the moment i decided to take it bake this morning witch i did . The shop was very apologetic & said they would replace . When we looked at the others the smell still seemed to linger so said no . Then they said there is another delivery in so we could take one from that witch we did . When i said i have had to dive & cost me 120tl in deisil so could they help with that , shoulders shrugged & i had to settle for one bottle of there free wine
But what is more important if this turkey was bought buy a restaurant & served there could have resulted in server illness or worst so beware
The other turkeys that were in the chill Cabernet were left & as far as i know still for sale the concern to the management was minimal witch is very worrying although they were informed

Heaven
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: beware turkies

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Heaven »

You should let us know which supermarket to save anyone else being ill

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

You are not alone, there were reports of "smelly" turkeys bought from I think 4, large supermarkets that were named in UK.
I didn't have a turkey, I had a nut roast which was lovely

gates

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gates »

This was not just a smelly turkey they are a local produce witch i have bought many each year but this is a really big problem there were many more in the the chiller so i think you are on the wrong line . This is a dangerous warning here not the UK . That i why i said beware here this supper market we use every day . So were did the turkey come from as i have had to order special for the last 3 weeks but now there are 7 in the chill with chickens eggs .
Do you think like greens when one turns the rest is on the way , not from the uk though . Can they smell Elexus in the uk as it is unmissable passing it here

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

You bought it in Yeni Erenköy? Ohh dear, lucky escape for me.....I nearly did.....but my oven was broken in the recent storms.....next year...tell me and I will get you a very fresh one from the local farmer

gates

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by gates »

i bought in chatalcoy if you read my post it cost 120tl to travel from Yeni Erencoy back as i also live in Esentepee you all know were . I think my choice of shopping for food will now change due to the respect & concern seemed to be nil & when shown some frozen ones & pointed out the plastic wrappers were torn & the legs were hanging out . The response to that was . Thats how they come like it or lump it . Well that shop now will loose my custom
The big S is out of our life now . Pahaps you should check before you shop

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

Hi Gates, you did not say the turkeys in the super market are locally produced. As for Elexus, I visit twice a year & pass many times & I am aware of the smells from there also.

Imo the super market should be sending the suspect turkeys for testing to eliminate anything more serious.

Return to “FOOD & DRINK - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”