Purpose of "Disability matters"

Disability and mobility issues within the TRNC. Help and information from members regarding problems faced with access issues within the TRNC as well as other information required concerning disability matters.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Purpose of "Disability matters"

•   Message 1 of 1 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

The following is a list I included in my first post of proposed subjects to be covered by the Board:-

places with disability parking and toilets; Charities which include disabled persons in their events; ; kind people who are prepared to offer lifts, and bring things from the UK and possibilities for car/taxi sharing etc... ,, sources to hire, buy or borrow equipment, facilities such as mobile hairdresser and chiropodist

I would particularly like to see encouragement for people to advertise facilities and services:: try to get restaurants for example to provide disabled parking as an amenity - and mobile services - a hair wash and style can be a real morale boost for a housebound person. Also that Charities should be encouraged to include disabled people in their events by specifying disabled facilities available in their choice of venue and advertisements

It is not a place, as has been suggested, for "having a moan" but I hope anyone with problems which are getting them down, and depressed by the indeference or even hostility of the wider world and wants a friendly and sympathetic ear will find a welcome here.

Return to “DISABILITY MATTERS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”