Electric wheelchair

Disability and mobility issues within the TRNC. Help and information from members regarding problems faced with access issues within the TRNC as well as other information required concerning disability matters.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Wriggle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Electric wheelchair

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Wriggle »

Does any one have or know of some one that has an electric wheel chair that we can hire for the month of August? I have a friend coming to stay from 1-30 August. He had a leg amputation last year & is struggling with assisted walking. He has a manual wheelchair with him, an electric wheel chair would be ideal. Please any one???

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Electric wheelchair

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Unfortunately the TRNC is not a good place for the disabled

Cheshire Homes have wheelchairs and other mobility aids, but I do not know if the they have electric ones/ They lend them but expect a suitable donation in return! They are just before the Bellpaise Rounabout (coming from Girne) and open approx 9 to 4 weekdays.. Best to phone first 815 3767.

There is a chemist/medical stockist opposite the public hospital in Girne. They stocked wheechairs (a few months ago to my knowledge) but do not know if they do electric or hire.

There is a Disability Organisation here but I think it is mainly for citizens not tourists. I saw something recently in the press about Rotary donating wheelchairs so if anyone here is in Rotary perhaps they could tell you how to get in touch.

Wriggle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Electric wheelchair

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Wriggle »

Thany you so much for that information. It was very kind of you you take the time to reply.
Many thanks

Return to “DISABILITY MATTERS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”