Hotels for Disabled

Disability and mobility issues within the TRNC. Help and information from members regarding problems faced with access issues within the TRNC as well as other information required concerning disability matters.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Hotels for Disabled

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

I am looking for a hotel or holiday let for 2 weeks in September that is disabled friendly. I need a wet room and wheelchair access so if anyone can help or give me some help on looking at a suitable hotel would appreciate it. Thank you.

Gunner; I hope you will excuse my copying this to the Disabiity Forum as the intention is to get all info on disability matters in one place

I assume you are looking for something in the Girne area? Famagusta might possibly be easier for a seriously disabled wheelchair user, if only if it is flatter!

I regret I do not know of any suitable hotels or accommodation , but you could try the Pia Bella and, if you are rich, Cratos. I assume you are aware that North Cyprus is not a good place for the disabled , and footpaths etc. may cause difficulty for wheelchair users. Do make sure that the hotels really have the facilities they describe: I doubt if any have wet room.

To be continued

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hotels for Disabled

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Sorry I had to break off the above as someone came to the door and I have never worked out how to use drafts here.

I suggest you also check availability of suitable cars for wheelchairs and also bear in mind that all spaces are designed for smaller (pre 4 wheel drive) cars and it is easy for even a fully able bodied person to get trapped in their car!

Sorry to be depressing, but it is better to be prepared than sorry afterwards.

Ragged Robin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Hotels for Disabled

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Ragged Robin »

Message 3 of 3 in Discussion
Re: Disabled access
Postby woodspeckie » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:45 am

Speak to Zarah at the Pia Bella Hotel we have stayed there and many times have seen wheelchair tourists staying and the attention to needs by the staff there have been excellent.

Return to “DISABILITY MATTERS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”