After a stay in hospital

Disability and mobility issues within the TRNC. Help and information from members regarding problems faced with access issues within the TRNC as well as other information required concerning disability matters.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

After a stay in hospital

•   Message 1 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

From a post by sammydavis: -

Having learnt from experience via a friend who has recently had a hip operation, it would be beneficial for all potential patients at their first meeting with the surgeon to actually ask what aids you will need on return home.
I am sure that usually patients are made fully aware of this, but occasionally, as with my friend, it gets forgotten. Nothing like being told on discharge following the op. that you will need a raised toilet seat and a zimmer frame!!! Bit late then if you are, as she is, on your own and not au fait with the need for these. So well worth just making sure you are fully prepared.
There are some very good folks out there who will assist in getting these items but good to be able to do it before going into hospital.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: After a stay in hospital

•   Message 2 of 3 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

This post bought a smile to me after my stay and recently my husbands.
With me i asked from the minute i went in to the actual operation what was expected of me etc, i never thought about afterwards. I came to late afternoon staff were asking where was my husband. 36 hours later blood pressure through the roof, tablets placed under the tongue it was gathered i had no water as i had no husband to nurse me.
With gary we thought we had it sorted but never asked about medication. The following day we were proudly told he will be on blood thinners for life and to make sure we told his back surgeon and the dentist. As the op was not urgent it would of been nice to be informed so we could of maybe carried out the other ops first
My advice think of everything!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: After a stay in hospital

•   Message 3 of 3 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

snd1966, so true!

This is NOT the UK :)

Return to “DISABILITY MATTERS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”