Credit where credit is due even to a Tory government

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Credit where credit is due even to a Tory government

•   Message 1 of 4 in Discussion

Post by erol »

If the current Tory government does indeed do what it says it is going to do with regard to those entitled to BNO status in Hong Kong then they have my support, praise and admiration. For me it will be a long over due correction of a historic injustice.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Credit where credit is due even to a Tory government

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 10:17 am
If the current Tory government does indeed do what it says it is going to do with regard to those entitled to BNO status in Hong Kong then they have my support, praise and admiration. For me it will be a long over due correction of a historic injustice.
As the Ugandan Asian situation in 1972 showed the UK will generally do the right thing.
Like America we will cock things up with worrying regularity but will generally try to do the right thing.
Some unfortunately treat that as weakness

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 1:48 pm
erol wrote:
Sat 30 May 2020 10:17 am
As the Ugandan Asian situation in 1972 showed the UK will generally do the right thing.
Like America we will cock things up with worrying regularity but will generally try to do the right thing.
Some unfortunately treat that as weakness
And when it does get round to doing the right thing I will happily stand up and laud it for doing so regardless of which party happens to be in power. What I do not do is use that as an excuse or reason to ignore it when it is not doing the right thing and based on what party may be in power.

Hilltop
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by Hilltop »

eh

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”