Brexit Petition

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: PoshinDevon, Soner, Dragon

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu 07 Nov 2013 10:09 pm

Brexit Petition

Post by Catlover »

For those of you who voted for Brexit and are now dismayed at the chance of Article 50 being revoked, there is another petition to leave on March 29th without a deal.
Alternatively set up a petition not to revoke Article 50.

You need to be proactive now so please consider signing the petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

Catlover wrote:For those of you who voted for Brexit and are now dismayed at the chance of Article 50 being revoked, there is another petition to leave on March 29th without a deal.
Alternatively set up a petition not to revoke Article 50.

You need to be proactive now so please consider signing the petition.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963
votes in favour so far - 371,335

and on the other side, petition to revoke article 50

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

votes in favour so far - 786,940

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 715
Joined: Mon 04 Apr 2016 2:57 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by Mowgli597 »

Revoke Article 50 petition crashes Parliament website

A petition calling on Theresa May to cancel Brexit by revoking Article 50 has attracted more than half a million signatures.

Parliament's petitions website crashed on Thursday morning because of the high volume of traffic.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

erol @ 1.52pm wrote:
https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/229963

votes in favour so far - 371,335

and on the other side, petition to revoke article 50

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

votes in favour so far - 786,940
Just to update

Votes to leave with no deal currently - 372,626 (up 1291 from my last post)

Votes to revoke article 50 currently - 964,742 (up 177,802 from my last post)

Tanwg
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2
Joined: Fri 18 Mar 2016 10:51 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by Tanwg »

Just signed the "revoke article 50" petition, looks as if it'll be over a million within the hour.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1081
Joined: Thu 21 Aug 2014 1:27 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by Hedge-fund »

The only vote that matters

Leave 17,410,742

Stay 16,141,241

The problem is with the traitorous remain mps.

Let's hope for a genuine Brexit on 29th March as voted for and promised.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sun 21 Oct 2012 8:17 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by tomsteel »

Hedge-fund wrote:The only vote that matters

Leave 17,410,742

Stay 16,141,241

The problem is with the traitorous remain mps.

Let's hope for a genuine Brexit on 29th March as voted for and promised.
D'accord!!!!

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014 10:19 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by jofra »

Extremely subtle irony....?

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

Hedge-fund wrote:The only vote that matters

Leave 17,410,742

Stay 16,141,241

The problem is with the traitorous remain mps.

Let's hope for a genuine Brexit on 29th March as voted for and promised.
Like Teresa May ?

Do you really care what the 'will of the people' is Hedge Fund or is that just convenient rhetoric for you to be used to get what you personally want regardless of what the wider will really is ? Do you really believe the majority of the UK electorate support crashing out of the EU without a deal ? Or is your hope for a crash out exit even though you know that is not something that a majority in the UK want or support ?

The mess we are in today was entirely predictable imo. I in fact predicted it after the general election.

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 2&#p184052

IMO, had Teresa May done what so plainly and obviously had to be done after the last general election in order to implement the will of the people as expressed in the referendum and not instead placed the needs of the conservative party as she saw them ahead of those of the country, then nothing could have stopped the UK from exiting the EU in 8 days time. Sure that may have required remaining in some form of customs union for some period after our exit but we would be out of the EU and free to revise that participation in to the future as we saw fit. IMO the likes of Rees Mogg, in pursuit of a maximalist no compromise at all agenda that I personally am absolutely sure does not and never has commanded a majority in parliament or the country are the real ones that have the greatest culpability in bringing us to where we are today.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

erol wrote:Votes to leave with no deal currently - 372,626 (up 1291 from my last post)

Votes to revoke article 50 currently - 964,742 (up 177,802 from my last post)
Update

No deal - 373,577

Revoke - 1,068,783

User avatar
waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3896
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012 7:21 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by waddo »

I signed to revoke but it is a forlorn hope that it would even be considered. The 17.4 million must feel very proud of themselves at this stage. I wonder how many will admit they voted for Brexit in years to come?
Make happy those who are near and those who are far will come!

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat 12 Jan 2013 12:30 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by David »

I voted out and quite happy with my decision and would do the same again.

David
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat 12 Jan 2013 12:30 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by David »

Have also signed the petition to leave on the 29th

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

Update

No deal - 374,559 (up 3224 from my original post of figures)

Revoke - 1,190,437 (up 403,497 from my original post of figures)

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1100
Joined: Mon 29 Oct 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by Cally »

I'm not sure how these petitions can show any truth, I know people who have more than one email address.

The only box that needs ticking is "Are you a British citizen" nothing about how old you are.....

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

Cally wrote:I'm not sure how these petitions can show any truth, I know people who have more than one email address.

The only box that needs ticking is "Are you a British citizen" nothing about how old you are.....
I agree to a large degree with you Cally that as far as they show what the 'will of the people' is they are flawed and far from concrete evidence. However for me they represent a more credible indication or suggestion than say just someone who personally supports a no deal exit just stating that there is a majority who also support this, or that they already voted for this in the referendum and presents no other evidence of any kind to support that assertion. Which is something I hear quite a lot from some who personally support a no deal exit.

I personally know of no poll, petition, survey or any thing else that would suggest or indicate that there is majority support for a no deal exit. I know of many that suggest and indicate otherwise. Which is why I have trouble in trusting the sincerity of those who support a no deal brexit who talk about the primacy of the will of the people as expressed in the referendum, when they seem to also not care about that same will in terms of rejecting a no deal exit. I would welcome someone, anyone, who personally supports a no deal exit standing up and also admitting that they do accept that their personal preference of no deal exit is not or most probably not the 'will of the people'.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 699
Joined: Sun 08 Jul 2012 7:31 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by ljarvo »

Surely common sense will prevail ....

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

WHY IS NOBODY TALKING ABOUT THE LISBON TREATY, THE TREATY THAT COMES INTO FORCE 2020, ITS WORSE THAN THE SO CALLED DEAL, IF 99% OF THE BRITISH THINK TERESA MAYS DEAL IS BAD, JUST LOOK AT THE LISBON TREATY. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW, LEAVERS AND REMAIN
..“What will actually happen if we stay in the EU” is a question no remainer will ever answer but here it is warts and all.
Check it out if you wish ——>>
1: The UK along with all existing members of the EU lose their abstention veto in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon Treaty when the system changes to that of majority acceptance with no abstentions or veto’s being allowed.
2: All member nations will become states of the new federal nation of the EU by 2022 as clearly laid out in the Lisbon treaty with no exceptions or veto’s.
3: All member states must adopt the Euro by 2022 and any new member state must do so within 2 years of joining the EU as laid down in the Lisbon treaty.
4: The London stock exchange will move to Frankfurt in 2020 and be integrated into the EU stock exchange resulting in a loss of 200,000 plus jobs in the UK because of the relocation. (This has already been pre-agreed and is only on a holding pattern due to the Brexit negotiations, which if Brexit does happen, the move is fully cancelled - but if not and the UK remains a member it’s full steam ahead for the move.)
5: The EU Parliament and ECJ become supreme over all legislative bodies of the UK.
6: The UK will adopt 100% of whatever the EU Parliament and ECJ lays down without any means of abstention or veto, negating the need for the UK to have the Lords or even the Commons as we know it today.
7: The UK will NOT be able to make its own trade deals.
8: The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade tariffs.
9 The UK will NOT be able to set its own trade quotas.
10: The UK loses control of its fishing rights
11: The UK loses control of its oil and gas rights
12: The UK loses control of its borders and enters the Schengen region by 2022 - as clearly laid down in the Lisbon treaty
13: The UK loses control of its planning legislation
14: The UK loses control of its armed forces including its nuclear deterrent
15: The UK loses full control of its taxation policy
16: The UK loses the ability to create its own laws and to implement them
17: The UK loses its standing in the Commonwealths
18: The UK loses control of any provinces or affiliated nations e.g.: Falklands, Cayman Islands, Gibraltar etc
19: The UK loses control of its judicial system
20: The UK loses control of its international policy
21: The UK loses full control of its national policy
22: The UK loses its right to call itself a nation in its own right.
23: The UK loses control of its space exploration program
24: The UK loses control of its Aviation and Sea lane jurisdiction
25: The UK loses its rebate in 2020 as laid down in the Lisbon treaty
26: The UK’s contribution to the EU is set to increase by an average of 1.2bn pa and by 2.3bn pa by 2020
This is the future that the youths of today think we stole from them?
They should be on their knees thanking us for saving them from being turned into Orwellian automatons!
Forget Deals no deals its time for remainers and brexiteers to unite and see whats coming before its to late. This is the whole reason they are dragging brexit out. So we can get to 2020 then we have no choices anymore.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 166
Joined: Thu 07 Nov 2013 10:09 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by Catlover »

This was why people voted for Brexit.

2 world wars to "guarantee" our freedom, only to be "taken over" by the EU.
This is why the demographics for the Leave voters are mainly the older generation because they know why we fought for our "freedom".
Unfortunately the younger generation don't seem to fully understand this.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

I am sorry turtle and this is not personal but the claims made above about the Lisbon treaty above are full of distortions, half truth inaccuracies and just down right lies.

For anyone who wants to read the Lisbon treaty itself it can be viewed here

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... XT&from=EN

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

It would be perfectly possible for the UK to remain in the EU and to legislate the following (none of which I would object to)

Any further EU treaty change would have to be subject to a referendum (as it the case in say Ireland).
The UK joining the Euro would have to be subject to a referendum.
Any moves towards creation of a EU Army would have to be subject to a referendum.
Any acceptance of new member states would have to be subject to a referendum.

Nothing in the existing Lisbon treaty would stop the UK passing such legislation should it wish to.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

https://fullfact.org/europe/viral-list- ... aty-wrong/

I have to say that it saddens me greatly, as someone who has always resisted and challenged the narratives that leave supporters were stupid, or used lies to support their case, that we are even now still having to discuss these claims above. Imo anyone who has sincerely based their views on if we should or should not leave the EU based on the stuff posted above really should be ashamed and has indeed betrayed the country they profess to love so much and those to young to vote themselves as well as future generations

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

erol wrote:I am sorry turtle and this is not personal but the claims made above about the Lisbon treaty above are full of distortions, half truth inaccuracies and just down right lies.

For anyone who wants to read the Lisbon treaty itself it can be viewed here

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... XT&from=EN
The fact that i post important bullit points instead of 6 months reading of gobblygook to be understood by someone with a legal brain the size of the moon is testament to the hoodwinking of the EU....And if you are telling me you have read that and more importantly understood it then i would have to say I don't believe you.!

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

Perhaps we should all listen to this lunatic then...
https://youtu.be/-xg7JwbJfWA

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1455
Joined: Mon 14 Jul 2014 10:19 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by jofra »

turtle wrote: The fact that i post important bullit points....
I'm all for a bit of bullit....

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:
erol wrote:I am sorry turtle and this is not personal but the claims made above about the Lisbon treaty above are full of distortions, half truth inaccuracies and just down right lies.

For anyone who wants to read the Lisbon treaty itself it can be viewed here

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... XT&from=EN
The fact that i post important bullit points instead of 6 months reading of gobblygook to be understood by someone with a legal brain the size of the moon is testament to the hoodwinking of the EU....And if you are telling me you have read that and more importantly understood it then i would have to say I don't believe you.!
I have searched the text of the Lisbon treaty for '2020' and it does not appear in the text of the document. I have searched it for '2022' and it does not appear in the document. I have searched it for 'euro ' (with the space). It appears 21 times and in none of them can I find any reference that would support the claim all member states have to adopt the euro by any date let alone that claimed. I have also searched a chunk of the text in google and found the link I gave above as well as and others. I have then gone back and sought confirmation that the claims in these 'debunks' of the lies above are verifiable , like searching for 'federal'.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/3707477 ... 857644290/
https://www.reddit.com/r/ukpolitics/com ... _facebook/

And then I have used my own judgement, however flawed that may, to come to a dscision as to if I think the things claimed in that text are in fact true or lies. This is not rocket science. If you can explain to me how a treaty can say "All member states must adopt the Euro by 2022" without mentioning the date 2022 - to give just one example, then sure I would reconsider. If all you have is 'it is true because I say it is true' then forgive me but that does not carry much weight vs all the evidence of my own eyes and reason along with that of others, once checked by myself.

Do you care at all Turtle if the claims made in the text you posted about the Lisbon treaty are lies or not ? I find it impossible to believe that someone as intelligent as yourself can not know, or establish for themselves with less than an hours effort, beyond all reasonable doubt, that the claims are not true.

The whole thing is so depressing.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:Perhaps we should all listen to this lunatic then...
https://youtu.be/-xg7JwbJfWA
If you voted leave because you fear that people like this and their agenda are unavoidable sooner or later, then that is your choice and whilst I do not share such a view and fear I respect it. I have to wonder how this narrative of 'the UK is too weak to be able to stop the EU from forcing it to do things it and its people do not agree with and do not want so we must get out' fits with the leaver narrative that 'we should have faith and belief in the UK and its ability to thrive and survive alone in the world as a strong confident sovereign nation' but even then I would accept this is your view and you are entitled to it.

If however you voted leave because you believe that the UK has already agreed in the Lisbon treaty that it must adopt the Euro in 2022 or any of the other blatant egregious lies that are in the document you have copy pasted here (not for the first time) and are too lazy to bother even trying to verify the truth or just do not care what lies you use to justify supporting what you want, then I say such behaviour is shameful and a betrayal of the UK and the generations of UK citizens that will be impacted by your choices.

Is there any lie you would not support and spread in the name of Brexit turtle ?

Depressing.
Last edited by erol on Thu 21 Mar 2019 11:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:The fact that i post important bullit points instead of 6 months reading of gobblygook to be understood by someone with a legal brain the size of the moon is testament to the hoodwinking of the EU....And if you are telling me you have read that and more importantly understood it then i would have to say I don't believe you.!
So your entire narrative here would seem to be that I and the average normal 'citizen in the street' is too stupid to be able to successfully establish from the text of the treaty itself if it says or means things like it has been agreed that 'all member states must adopt the euro by 2022' or not and that I can only understand if you give me 'simple bullet points'. Quite ironic really given your own and others protestations against the suggest that people may not have really understood what they were voting for in 2016. But let's run with it. Let's suppose that in fact the lisbon treaty does in fact mean that it is already agreed that the UK must adopt the euro by 2022 (or any of the other lies you peddle) and I AM just too stupid to be able to establish that for myself. If that were true do you not think that the 'super lawyers' of the ERG would not have explained in detail why and how it says such even though I am too stupid to understand that myself ? So where is this explanation from those greater minds than mine ? Show it too me.

Or perhaps the truth is that the 'bullet point summary' that you saw on facebook and accept as 'gospel' seemingly for no other reason than you want it to be true is in fact just bollocks ?

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

erol wrote:Update

No deal - 374,559 (up 3224 from my original post of figures)

Revoke - 1,190,437 (up 403,497 from my original post of figures)
update

no deal - 375,654 (up 4,319 from my original post of figures)

revoke - 1,969,369 (up 1,182,429 from my original post of figures)

User avatar
niceone
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 359
Joined: Thu 14 Jun 2012 8:40 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by niceone »

Those bullet points answered by an MP
https://www.derekthomas.org/news/factch ... estions-eu

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

Thank yoù nice.one
It appears that some read the treaty and take it at face value....more fool them.
WHEN the UK loses its veto the first thing to happen is you will have Euro in your pocket and not the pound.
As i said gobbledygook to the man in the street but some know better as always.?

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:Thank yoù nice.one
It appears that some read the treaty and take it at face value....more fool them.
WHEN the UK loses its veto the first thing to happen is you will have Euro in your pocket and not the pound.
As i said gobbledygook to the man in the street but some know better as always.?
Shameless as ever turtle.

First yous claim, totally erroneously, that it has already been agreed in the Lisbon treaty that the UK will lose it's veto in 2020 (requirement for unanimity) and then when this is shown to be nothing other than a total lie, you revert back to 'when it loses it veto'. The simple truth is that such a loss can only happen if the UK along with all other member states AGREES to such. Lie after lie after lie. Despite the lies in the garbage you posted there is no means by which the UK can be made to adopt the Euro without its own unilateral consent. This is the simple truth.

Is there no lie you will not propagate to get what you want Turtle ? Why not just claim that the Lisbon treaty says that the UK must adopt German as it's only official language by 2022, must replace nelsons column with with a Napoleon column by 2020.

It is farcical.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

update

no deal - 392,966 (up 21,631 from my original post of figures)

revoke - 2,451,828 (up 1,664,888 from my original post of figures)

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 313
Joined: Wed 11 Jun 2014 11:18 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by jimm »

just signed it

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 145
Joined: Fri 20 Feb 2015 7:38 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by SussexBoy »

These petitions have become worthless as they can be attacked by bots. In an earlier petition on a 2nd Referendum, one person claimed he left a script running while he had a shower and voted 33,000 times!

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

erol wrote:I am sorry turtle and this is not personal but the claims made above about the Lisbon treaty above are full of distortions, half truth inaccuracies and just down right lies.

For anyone who wants to read the Lisbon treaty itself it can be viewed here

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... XT&from=EN
Thank you for not being "Personal" Erol calling me a liar numerous times is a tad personal I think.....and you being a moderator too

I merely printed a statement on the Lisbon Treaty and at no point said it was true albeit I do think after we lose our Veto things will change in a very big way for the UK.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

turtle wrote: I merely printed a statement on the Lisbon Treaty and at no point said it was true albeit I do think after we lose our Veto things will change in a very big way for the UK.
Pathetic. Take some responsibility for your own actions and choices. You posted, not for the first time, a list of lies about the Lisbon treaty. When I try as politely as possible to point out, yet again, that the bullet points are lies, which they are, you describe them as 'important bullet points' and imply that I and others are too stupid to be able to understand for ourselves what the Lisbon treaty does and does not say in the face of 'hoodwinking of the EU'. Now you claim 'at no point said it was true'. And then you continue with 'after we lose our veto' - as if it is already a done deal that we will lose it when in fact the truth is we can lose it if we agree to give it up. Someone here is acting with an agenda to try and 'hoodwink' others and it is not me.

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sun 21 Oct 2012 8:17 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by tomsteel »

turtle wrote:
erol wrote:I am sorry turtle and this is not personal but the claims made above about the Lisbon treaty above are full of distortions, half truth inaccuracies and just down right lies.

For anyone who wants to read the Lisbon treaty itself it can be viewed here

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... XT&from=EN
Thank you for not being "Personal" Erol calling me a liar numerous times is a tad personal I think.....and you being a moderator too

I merely printed a statement on the Lisbon Treaty and at no point said it was true albeit I do think after we lose our Veto things will change in a very big way for the UK.
Is Erol a Forum 'Moderator' now as well as a 'Sponsor'? I don't see his name listed within the Moderator group.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

tomsteel wrote:
turtle wrote:
erol wrote:I am sorry turtle and this is not personal but the claims made above about the Lisbon treaty above are full of distortions, half truth inaccuracies and just down right lies.

For anyone who wants to read the Lisbon treaty itself it can be viewed here

https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content ... XT&from=EN
Thank you for not being "Personal" Erol calling me a liar numerous times is a tad personal I think.....and you being a moderator too

I merely printed a statement on the Lisbon Treaty and at no point said it was true albeit I do think after we lose our Veto things will change in a very big way for the UK.
Is Erol a Forum 'Moderator' now as well as a 'Sponsor'? I don't see his name listed within the Moderator group.
See here tom

http://www.kibkomnorthcyprusforum.com/v ... 44#p208644

Turtle's tactic of 'outing me' as a moderator when discussions with me here are not to his liking is nothing new Tom.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

SussexBoy wrote:These petitions have become worthless as they can be attacked by bots. In an earlier petition on a 2nd Referendum, one person claimed he left a script running while he had a shower and voted 33,000 times!
Well he would then have to have had 33,000 valid and different email addresses, and would have had to have received 33,000 emails in a response to each submission and then clicked on the link in each of these reply emails, before the 'votes' were counted.

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

update

no deal - 392,966

revoke - 3,047,041

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

erol wrote:
turtle wrote: I merely printed a statement on the Lisbon Treaty and at no point said it was true albeit I do think after we lose our Veto things will change in a very big way for the UK.
Pathetic. Take some responsibility for your own actions and choices. You posted, not for the first time, a list of lies about the Lisbon treaty. When I try as politely as possible to point out, yet again, that the bullet points are lies, which they are, you describe them as 'important bullet points' and imply that I and others are too stupid to be able to understand for ourselves what the Lisbon treaty does and does not say in the face of 'hoodwinking of the EU'. Now you claim 'at no point said it was true'. And then you continue with 'after we lose our veto' - as if it is already a done deal that we will lose it when in fact the truth is we can lose it if we agree to give it up. Someone here is acting with an agenda to try and 'hoodwink' others and it is not me.
Pathetic and a Liar...Hmmm
I have no problem (it appears you have) with what I have posted and stand by the fact that things will change dramatically when we lose our veto I will invite you back to the conversation when this happens as and when the Remainers frustrate Brexit so much that we never leave the block at all as is what I think will now happen.

turtle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 865
Joined: Sun 25 Nov 2012 10:44 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by turtle »

SussexBoy wrote:These petitions have become worthless as they can be attacked by bots. In an earlier petition on a 2nd Referendum, one person claimed he left a script running while he had a shower and voted 33,000 times!
Not to worry there will be a claim of something like 20M on the Losers march tomorrow.......apparently ?

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

turtle wrote:I have no problem (it appears you have) with what I have posted and stand by the fact that things will change dramatically when we lose our veto
If claiming that we have already agreed to give up our 'veto' , when this is just not true, is not itself a form of 'project fear' then I do not know what it is. If making out that it is certain that such a 'veto' will be removed from the UK at some point in the future should the UK remains in the EU, regardless of if the UK chooses to to consent to such a change or not, is not itself a form of 'project fear' then I do not know what it is.

And yes I have a 'problem' with people posting stuff that is not true. Especially when it is about things that will affect me for the rest of my life and go on affecting the lives of my niece and nephew long after I am gone. I am funny like that, truth actually matters to me.

aripointer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 59
Joined: Sat 11 Jul 2015 10:07 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by aripointer »

Aripointer
Take my word. There will be a second referendum. the vote will be 60/40 to stay.

I said on this forum 2 years ago after the first referendum. We DO know how much it costs the UK to stay in the EU but how much will it cost to come out? The Government bean counters are already calculating the exit bill @ £85 billion and rising. That is a hella lot of new hospitals, doctors, affordable houses etc.
The UK was is in a terrible mess before Brexit. When VAT rises to 25% and the basic rate of income tax rises to above 25% and motor fuel rises to over £2 per litre to cover the cost of the Brexit debacle. It will be "Joe public's fault" as the governments get out will be to say. Yes. You have guessed it. "It was the will of the people"

I have been a Tory supporter for 60 years. Currently, we have a second rate government. A Prime Minister who is no better than a Junior HR manager. The Brexit debacle can only mean it is Armageddon for the Tories.

herald
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed 21 Oct 2015 3:29 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by herald »

just signed , May must go .

tomsteel
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2656
Joined: Sun 21 Oct 2012 8:17 am

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by tomsteel »

Amen to the end of all the 'major, long-standing' parties. What else is the conundrum?

User avatar
erol
Verified Member
Verified Member
Posts: 3267
Joined: Tue 01 May 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by erol »

erol wrote:
SussexBoy wrote:These petitions have become worthless as they can be attacked by bots. In an earlier petition on a 2nd Referendum, one person claimed he left a script running while he had a shower and voted 33,000 times!
Well he would then have to have had 33,000 valid and different email addresses, and would have had to have received 33,000 emails in a response to each submission and then clicked on the link in each of these reply emails, before the 'votes' were counted.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-47668946

cambridge
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 224
Joined: Wed 03 Sep 2014 7:37 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by cambridge »

Interesting point from airpointer. Could I enquire from where his facts come from. Too much misinformation being put forward as fact. This means positive information from a reputable organisation. Not many about I afraid.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1361
Joined: Fri 22 Jun 2012 7:14 pm

Re: Brexit Petition

Post by Jonnie »

I should imagine the internet and social media savvy youngsters who feel their future has been robbed will account for a considerable portion of the petition. I was having a discussion on FB this morning with someone who told me their friends 8 year old had broken down in tears when leave was voted for! Where the hell did that come from? I was a remainer, probably 6/10 however for various reasons I am now a leaver and think we need now to get on with it. I blame the mess on the remainer MPs who are not voting as instructed by their constituencies.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Locked

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”