Our UK fishing waters

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Our UK fishing waters

•   Message 201 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 10:24 am
Waz.....

I am trying to engage in sensible discussion. You have recently posted about paperwork, visas, permits restrictions on travel etc for U.K. citizens travelling to Europe. When questioned and asked for evidence you confirm none of this is in place and you have no evidence to suggest it will be implemented. You even suggest that I have been hoodwinked but provide no real reason as to why.

Can you not see why some may think this is your version of project fear?

I acknowledge that things will be different after the 31 Dec and despite the last four years, will look forward positively. It’s democracy in action.
Posh,
As I have said on many occasions. The key point is that you will no longer have a right of free passage into or through other EU states.
My own fear as a regular EU business and social traveller is that there could be many differing requirements as each EU country makes up its own set of entry criteria.
Any delay in business is a cost and barriers to doing business however small are not helpful.
I refer you therefore to the government website for guidance upon your specific request on visas etc..it remains complex. Businesses guidance is there too but that will be of little interest. Suffice to say. the advice is empty, without plan or structure and basically of no help whatsoever.
All the advice from government is rather vague as even they do not know what others will require in the form of requirements. I note that Cyprus is one such destination which requirements remains uncertain.
Now many will take little regard to this issue. Many on this forum are non contributors to the UK economy and therefore have little interest. However, many thousands of UK businesses face these obstacles that have been thrust upon them by , in my view, persons who have been unwittingly hoodwinked into believing we are better off.

Yes . I understand that some may see project fear. However the fact is clear. It is not business as usual.
It is not in my view a positive outcome that will enhance trade with my customers in Europe or for UK personel living in the EU that seek employment.
Before anyone says it..YES ..The UK has left the EU.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 202 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Geoff1131 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 12:53 pm
I see waz has moved on a little from his well trodden ' people will have problems trying to visit other countries when they no longer have free access ' as it is now obvious that his stance has no substance. He is now trying to claim that the UK government will penalize citizens by ' raiding their savings' to claw back the expense of the covid outbreak. Can i just ask, is it only the UK who will need to find money for the costs of the pandemic? and if the countries still in the EU impose similar taxes on their peoples? My feeling is that the UK together with the rest of the EU countries would have been asked to fund these costs throughout the EU, but maybe with a larger than average slice asked from the UK.
Hello Geoff,
It is your view that my case for loss of freedoms has no substance. That is fine. I hope that some are at least enlightened.

The cost of Brexit will be borne by the UK economy and by tax payers. My point is and it should not be taken as any form of advice is that added to the brexit issue is the cost for the pandemic. It has come at just the wrong time.

The government will certainly be planning tax changes to pay for the above. The EU plans are now of little interest. My view is that savings, pensions and capital assets will be targeted.
Property and assets are likely to be attacked with a possible 40% capital gains tax. Pensions with any tax free allowance could be changed to rake in eagerly needed pay back. Corporation tax could be overhauled and the large overseas tax payers are in line for a major review. Financial planning including disposal of assets would be prudent. My guess is that many forum users may have property and assets in the UK that may be producing revenue streams. These, in my opinion, will be on the radar for pay back.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 203 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 1:22 pm

The cost of Brexit will be borne by the UK economy and by tax payers. My point is and it should not be taken as any form of advice is that added to the brexit issue is the cost for the pandemic. It has come at just the wrong time.

The government will certainly be planning tax changes to pay for the above. The EU plans are now of little interest. My view is that savings, pensions and capital assets will be targeted.
Property and assets are likely to be attacked with a possible 40% capital gains tax. Pensions with any tax free allowance could be changed to rake in eagerly needed pay back. Corporation tax could be overhauled and the large overseas tax payers are in line for a major review. Financial planning including disposal of assets would be prudent. My guess is that many forum users may have property and assets in the UK that may be producing revenue streams. These, in my opinion, will be on the radar for pay back.
Every country in the world will have to fund their covid lockdown.
One huge difference is Britain will now not be responsible to fund the shortfall in Poland, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Portugal, Czech Republic, Belgium, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Slovakia, Latvia etc.

That will now be borne by Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands.

Personally I think France, Italy and the Netherlands are going to struggle to find their whack so it’s going to be pretty much down to Germany.

I wonder how long the German people will be content to keep picking up the bills for Europe.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 204 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Waz.....

So has any EU country announced any restrictions on travel of U.K. citizens? By this I mean visas, permits extra paperwork etc? I think not. So as things currently stand it’s joining a different queue on arrival in country.

Of course things may change but again no hard evidence. Your guesswork is exactly that. My guess is that whatever is implemented by an EU member country with regards to entry of U.K. citizens will be replicated for there citizens arriving in the U.K. In the end I believe (not hope) that common sense will prevail.

Christmas is approaching and despite the pandemic and difficult times we are living under it is a time for positivity and a better 2021. On that note I wish you well with your business, your book (Is it available to order on Amazon?) and your travels around the EU states.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 205 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 2:20 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 1:22 pm

Every country in the world will have to fund their covid lockdown.
One huge difference is Britain will now not be responsible to fund the shortfall in Poland, Greece, Romania, Hungary, Portugal, Czech Republic, Belgium, Luxembourg, Bulgaria, Lithuania, Slovakia, Latvia etc.

That will now be borne by Germany, France, Italy and the Netherlands.

Personally I think France, Italy and the Netherlands are going to struggle to find their whack so it’s going to be pretty much down to Germany.

I wonder how long the German people will be content to keep picking up the bills for Europe.
I find it quite disappointing that you appear to take the view that the said Countries you mention are the enemy and that hardship for them is somehow a positive outcome for the UK.
On monetary fairness and who pays for what. The EU funded projects for example that the UK has seen over past decades have certainly assisted South Wales and the North East to launch massive development projects that have benefited these regions immensely. The EU is not simply a take take Union tho many will argue that . Its not always only about the money. The progressive goal towards betterment generally is one I support. As one of the very last UK businesses to secure EU funding for a project we have recruited two additional staff who are net contributors to the UK economy.

EU countries just like the UK will certainly plan for the pay back and a divided approach to recovery is not likely to be very productive. It reminds me of the very and current divided approach the United Kingdom has upon virus spread and control. Its confusing, very costly and is essentially a failure. The division between say Manchester and London over costs and grants are just the inter bickering that we are now apparently free of.

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 206 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Forget the effect Brexit will have on travelling from Britain (or at least England) to other EU (and further afield) countries.

Coronavirus has already done that.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 207 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 2:23 pm
Waz.....

So has any EU country announced any restrictions on travel of U.K. citizens? By this I mean visas, permits extra paperwork etc? I think not. So as things currently stand it’s joining a different queue on arrival in country.

Of course things may change but again no hard evidence. Your guesswork is exactly that. My guess is that whatever is implemented by an EU member country with regards to entry of U.K. citizens will be replicated for there citizens arriving in the U.K. In the end I believe (not hope) that common sense will prevail.

Christmas is approaching and despite the pandemic and difficult times we are living under it is a time for positivity and a better 2021. On that note I wish you well with your business, your book (Is it available to order on Amazon?) and your travels around the EU states.
Posh,
As you say "things may change" hopefully for the better.
To my knowledge and via the UK advice and guidelines. Travel into the EU will require different measures than pre Brexit.
Your "guess" is therefore as straight forward as mine on that. Common sense like divorcing the EU will prevail...I hope too.

What is very clear indeed is that you no longer have the legal freedom of movement you had when you were a European passport holder. That is not a guess or a hope. Each EU country will certainly progress their own entry criteria. The UK government may enter into talk upon this topic but given our own restrictive entry criteria I would not expect doors to be flung open regardless. Euros in your pocket or not. Certainly from a business prospective. Trade and trading will become more difficult and everyone in the UK will be indirectly effected as the UK economy strives to compete for valuable offshore revenue.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 208 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 3:28 pm
PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 2:23 pm
Waz.....

Posh,
As you say "things may change" hopefully for the better.
To my knowledge and via the UK advice and guidelines. Travel into the EU will require different measures than pre Brexit.
Your "guess" is therefore as straight forward as mine on that. Common sense like divorcing the EU will prevail...I hope too.

What is very clear indeed is that you no longer have the legal freedom of movement you had when you were a European passport holder. That is not a guess or a hope. Each EU country will certainly progress their own entry criteria. The UK government may enter into talk upon this topic but given our own restrictive entry criteria I would not expect doors to be flung open regardless. Euros in your pocket or not. Certainly from a business prospective. Trade and trading will become more difficult and everyone in the UK will be indirectly effected as the UK economy strives to compete for valuable offshore revenue.
All well and good, will leave you to see the glass half empty.

However; more importantly, try answering the question about your book.

Available on Amazon, Kindle or from any high street stores?
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 209 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 3:17 pm

I find it quite disappointing that you appear to take the view that the said Countries you mention are the enemy and that hardship for them is somehow a positive outcome for the UK.
Ok I’ll try this slowly. Some put in to the budget net and some take out net. Now if a country is suffering hardship due to covid they will be capable of putting less in and some will need to take more out. With me?
So at the point when Britain is in trouble financially they will be expected to put more in to help those countries who even pre covid needed money?
I know you can’t grasp this so I’ll dumb it down. You lose your job and you still have to support your dependants and now I move a family of 6 into your house which you now also need to support. Now I’m sure you will feel sorry for them but you can’t really afford to support them can you? Is the penny dropping here?
waz-24-7 wrote:

The EU funded projects for example that the UK has seen over past decades have certainly assisted South Wales and the North East to launch massive development projects that have benefited these regions immensely. The EU is not simply a take take Union tho many will argue that
This whole net contributor thing escapes you doesn’t it?
The EU does not produce money. Their budget is gained by countries giving it money.
So if you put in more than you take out you are a net contributor. Now there aren’t many of those.
So when we give the EU £100 million and they give us this ‘present’ of £50 million what it actually means is net they have given us nothing, zero, nada and we have given them £50 million.

Now if you still can’t grasp this we will swap bank details. You will send me £100,000 and I will buy you a gift of whatever you want up to a value of £50,000.
I will of course expect an effusive thank you note for my gift and will wait with excitement wondering what gift you will no doubt want to now buy me.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 210 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

I would like to see a DNA test on everyone that declares it is 'OURS' and let the truth become apparent of where these dubious characters actually originate from!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 211 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:05 pm

I think what happens is we send Waz £10 and he sends us the book as a present

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 212 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brinsley wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:15 pm
I would like to see a DNA test on everyone that declares it is 'OURS' and let the truth become apparent of where these dubious characters actually originate from!
I’d like to see if you can even pass a urine test.

Apparently all homosapiens came from Africa 200-300,000 years ago so I have paid myself my share of the slavery reparations and am now off the hook.

If you do want to go down that road then any property you own that isn’t in Africa you will now need to give up.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 213 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:15 pm
PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:05 pm

I think what happens is we send Waz £10 and he sends us the book as a present
Hmmmm.....what if I find the book for sale on Amazon for £5 or maybe Kindle for £1? Am I allowed to buy it from them or does it have to be Waz?

I really do want this book.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 214 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:31 pm

I really do want this book.
Not a book to be taken lightly, it should be hurled with great force into the bin.

Don’t you think you’ve probably already read it?

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 215 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:13 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:

Ok I’ll try this slowly. Some put in to the budget net and some take out net. Now if a country is suffering hardship due to covid they will be capable of putting less in and some will need to take more out. With me?
So at the point when Britain is in trouble financially they will be expected to put more in to help those countries who even pre covid needed money?
I know you can’t grasp this so I’ll dumb it down. You lose your job and you still have to support your dependants and now I move a family of 6 into your house which you now also need to support. Now I’m sure you will feel sorry for them but you can’t really afford to support them can you? Is the penny dropping here?
waz-24-7 wrote:

The EU funded projects for example that the UK has seen over past decades have certainly assisted South Wales and the North East to launch massive development projects that have benefited these regions immensely. The EU is not simply a take take Union tho many will argue that
The EU does not produce money. Their budget is gained by countries giving it money.
So if you put in more than you take out you are a net contributor. Now there aren’t many of those.
So when we give the EU £100 million and they give us this ‘present’ of £50 million what it actually means is net they have given us nothing, zero, nada and we have given them £50 million.

Now if you still can’t grasp this we will swap bank details. You will send me £100,000 and I will buy you a gift of whatever you want up to a value of £50,000.
I will of course expect an effusive thank you note for my gift and will wait with excitement wondering what gift you will no doubt want to now buy me.
ETS
I think you have little understanding of business, investment and investor benefit.
Let me explain very briefly.
When the EU fund a development project whether social or directly to business within a development zone. Certain criteria will be implemented.
Such investment.. employs people, improves infrastructure and thus the region's competitiveness and attractiveness to further investment is bettered.
Your simplified view of monetary strategy and movement is somewhat short term and misguided. ..I can only guess over your investment success.

OR
If you send me £50,000 I will return you an agreed % of profit over the period so that your investment and confidence in my judgment is of benefit .
Your money is invested on basis it is working and earning. I will use that money to invest and possibly employ people who will in turn reap benefit.
That is the positive. The EU will not be as focused on profit as much as the private sector and so it it is the social and welfare benefits that have in part driven such financial support.
We have seen just such investment in Kyrenia town centre where improvements to pedestrian walkways have been supported.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 216 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Nope you’ll still not getting it Waz. So again

It’s.....our.......money.......returned......to........us.......less.....a......hefty......handling.....charge.

So yes I will happily send you my £50,000 after you send me £100,000. That’s how this works.
I’m sure you’ll do wonderful things with MY £50,000.
My business acumen is fine thanks as you can’t seem to grasp the above I certainly question your business acumen

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 217 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 6:17 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 5:36 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 4:13 pm

ETS
I think you have little understanding of business, investment and investor benefit.
Let me explain very briefly.
When the EU fund a development project whether social or directly to business within a development zone. Certain criteria will be implemented.
Such investment.. employs people, improves infrastructure and thus the region's competitiveness and attractiveness to further investment is bettered.
Your simplified view of monetary strategy and movement is somewhat short term and misguided. ..I can only guess over your investment success.

OR
If you send me £50,000 I will return you an agreed % of profit over the period so that your investment and confidence in my judgment is of benefit .
Your money is invested on basis it is working and earning. I will use that money to invest and possibly employ people who will in turn reap benefit.
That is the positive. The EU will not be as focused on profit as much as the private sector and so it it is the social and welfare benefits that have in part driven such financial support.
We have seen just such investment in Kyrenia town centre where improvements to pedestrian walkways have been supported.
Maybe this will help?

https://fb.watch/2vhdpbK4SM/

However I am intrigued by your investment advice.

So for the third time of asking please tell me how I can get a copy of your book. It sounds as tho it is exactly what I need.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 218 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:

OK I am convinced by your investment advice.

So for the third time of asking please tell me how I can get a copy of your book. It sounds as tho it is exactly what I need.
I don’t think Waz gets irony tbh.

You can ask 50 times it isn’t happening.
You seem to have the assumption he actually reads and comprehends other peoples posts.
He doesn’t.
He will see a key word such as fishing or tariffs and then he will cut and paste his take and it is often a very unique take on what catastrophe is going to hopefully happen to Britain with regard to fishing or tariffs.

He cannot even grasp that if the North East receives £300 million from the EU it is a result of £500 million that Britain sent to the EU, the other £200 million going to EU expenses and EU gifts to Latvia and or Croatia.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 219 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 6:48 pm
PoshinDevon wrote:

OK I am convinced by your investment advice.

I don’t think Waz gets irony tbh.

You can ask 50 times it isn’t happening.
You seem to have the assumption he actually reads and comprehends other peoples posts.
He doesn’t.
He will see a key word such as fishing or tariffs and then he will cut and paste his take and it is often a very unique take on what catastrophe is going to hopefully happen to Britain with regard to fishing or tariffs.

He cannot even grasp that if the North East receives £300 million from the EU it is a result of £500 million that Britain sent to the EU, the other £200 million going to EU expenses and EU gifts to Latvia and or Croatia.

My books and papers have nothing to do with this debate unless your are into FORESTRY or YACHTING. Please keep to the debate.

No I cannot grasp how £300 million investment by the EU towards North East UK infrastructure ( 1 of many projects) is offset by the UK contribution of £500 million that has apparently lined the pockets of...Latvia and Croatia. EU projects in deprived regions of the UK have launched massive new opportunities for manufacturing and inward investment.

What I can see is how any investment that is wealth creating provides hope and prosperity for otherwise deprived regions. I can also see how Latvia and indeed Croatia have developed and continue to do so they have become customers and trading partners to the UK as part of the trading Union.
Perhaps the longer game is too difficult for you to grasp. Plant acorns and all that springs to mind. To simply bag the acorns and keep them within your nationalistic grasp makes more sense to you and the narrow minded.
Overseas aid is a similar scenario that people fail to see as a long game investment.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 220 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Maybe its time this post was put to bed!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 221 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Waz....Thanks (finally) for clarifying that your books are about Yachting and Forestry. I really thought it was a book about investing. So I have to ask why you felt you needed to mention them on this topic a few days ago?

I believe the point ETS is trying to make is why give the EU say £1, for them to return 50p to fund a U.K. project and keep the remaining 50p to distribute elsewhere? It’s a bit like trying to understand why the EU commission move headquarters once a month for a few days between Brussels and Strasbourg with all the cost involved. Just seems to be little logic behind it. Unless of course you are French.

Looking like the U.K. is holding firm on getting the best deal possible and I think we can all agree time is really now ticking down. Dec 31st will soon be upon us.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 222 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 8:36 pm
Waz....Thanks (finally) for clarifying that your books are about Yachting and Forestry. I really thought it was a book about investing. So I have to ask why you felt you needed to mention them on this topic a few days ago?

I believe the point ETS is trying to make is why give the EU say £1, for them to return 50p to fund a U.K. project and keep the remaining 50p to distribute elsewhere? It’s a bit like trying to understand why the EU commission move headquarters once a month for a few days between Brussels and Strasbourg with all the cost involved. Just seems to be little logic behind it. Unless of course you are French.

Looking like the U.K. is holding firm on getting the best deal possible and I think we can all agree time is really now ticking down. Dec 31st will soon be upon us.
Forestry as an Industry is a bit like fishing. Depleting stocks, a renewable resource if managed properly. Quotas and deforestation licenses are traded as commodities of great value Driven by a demand for stock and some very valuable species. The economics is similar in that we must halt the decline before certain species are driven to extinction. The Amazon rain forest is inside Brazil but it is an asset belonging to the planet.

Whilst I agree that the EU and its funding of pan European funding projects is far from perfect and like most global administrations waste and corruption is a serious issue. I have always acknowledged that. It is the desertion from the decision making process and possible tearing up of trade agreements that sits very uncomfortably.
However the ideology and ambition is a noble one and generally I think the UK has done Okay in terms of enhancement of regions that have needed investment particularly regions otherwise neglected by our own government. Certainly South East Wales is such a region.

I do believe a deal will emerge in coming days. I'm afraid there will be no winners just differing levels of loss.

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 223 of 302 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

Waz" However the ideology and ambition is a noble one and generally I think the UK has done Okay in terms of enhancement of regions that have needed investment particularly regions otherwise neglected by our own government. Certainly South East Wales is such a region."its

The UK government have provided the funds to invest in the regions the EU takes its cut and the credit.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 224 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 7:36 pm

No I cannot grasp
Nope still not getting it and never will

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 225 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 8:36 pm

I believe the point ETS is trying to make is why give the EU say £1, for them to return 50p to fund a U.K. project and keep the remaining 50p to distribute elsewhere?
He’ll never grasp it. He jumps to what the money is going to do without the penny dropping that it is our money. Well some of it. The EU doesn’t have its own money

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 226 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 20 Dec 2020 9:27 pm

Whilst I agree that the EU and its funding of pan European funding projects is far from perfect and like most global administrations waste and corruption is a serious issue. I have always acknowledged that. It is the desertion from the decision making process
It won’t be our money they are wasting so no need to be in the decision making process. If they want to clip Germany for more money and Germany are happy with that then I wish them all the very best.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 227 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Here, here gone well off piste as per usual.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 228 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Medjoul1 wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 7:17 am

Here, here gone well off piste as per usual.
The best part of this Post. Perhaps it was because a Moderator was heavily involved in it that it stayed open so long.......

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 229 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

All members can comment on a post.

This particular topic has a good number of members contributing and posting so at present remains open.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 230 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Posh, fair comment, just hope that people keep it polite. 10 days to go!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 231 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Topic was temporarily taken down for moderation.

A couple of posts were removed and topic has now been put back up onto the forum.

The topic has drifted a little from U.K. Fishing Waters, however as this is part of the Brexit process it is inevitable that the posts have included comments about different aspects of Brexit. Brexit is still a hot topic for discussion and as there are still a good number of people contributing to the topic it remains open.

By all means discuss this topic but please adhere to the forum rules.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 232 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

thornaby wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 9:50 am
Posh, fair comment, just hope that people keep it polite. 10 days to go!
If people have a dig they should expect one back. I have the skin of a rhino but if you dish it out you’ll get it back

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 233 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Seems to be a politicly biased moderator doing a hatchet job on contrary views not allowing free debate!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 234 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brinsley wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 6:44 pm
Seems to be a politicly biased moderator doing a hatchet job on contrary views not allowing free debate!
I don’t think he agrees with Waz at all but let’s him post away so that’s nonsense.

Maybe he just deletes your posts where you call people fascists because you are in tears if someone has a dig back? Which he also deletes btw.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 235 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Two posts by two different members were removed as they were not helpful and nothing to do with the topic. Robust discussion within the rules is fine but if you wish to trade insults please do this off the main forum.

This is the last call to remain on topic.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 236 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

I do Hope that British fisherman secure some sort of a deal. Honestly tho I think not. The UK has little else to bargain with and the declining free range fishing Industry continues to decline.
At least the hardworking fishermen of the UK are working within the UK and contributing to the UK economy.

Not the same for some who have chosen to depart the UK and who essentially now reside in Europe. They do not contribute anything to the UK economy and yet argue their case to divorce themselves from Europe. Seems pretty silly to me. Like shoot yourself in the foot.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 237 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

The UK has little else to bargain with than the fishing industry?

It's worth £1b per year

The financial services industry is worth £130b per year.

Stick to rowing and hugging trees waz. Leave the big stuff to the grown ups.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 238 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 11:27 pm

It's worth £1b per year

Precisely, The fishing industry is comparatively small and declining ; hardly the ace card in negotiations.
Last edited by waz-24-7 on Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 239 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 11:52 pm
Hedge-fund wrote:

It's worth £1b per year

Precisely, The fishing industry is comparatively small and declining ; hardly the ace card in negotiations.
If the UK was to forfeit any financial services the loss in revenue would be catastrophic.
Negotiations are at a point I think when both sides must surrender some cards. Fishing is one UK card that is weaker than others.

I'm' guessing you're one of those old time do gooders that felt it right to advise yours and other young UK earners on what they should do to better their country. Perhaps you reside in Europe and of course they'll all lap up your "grown up" views whilst you sit smug in European sunshine.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 240 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 21 Dec 2020 11:52 pm
Hedge-fund wrote:

It's worth £1b per year

I'm going to stop replying to your posts because I genuinely think you have mental health issues.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 241 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:19 am

I'm going to stop replying to your posts because I genuinely think you have mental health issues.
I’ve come to that conclusion too

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 242 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 8:06 am
Hedge-fund wrote:
Tue 22 Dec 2020 12:19 am

I’ve come to that conclusion too
Oh dear.
I'll rush off and seek therapy just as soon as I can.

In the mean tine do continue to enjoy sitting out in the warm European sunshine.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 243 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Gents,
We can all take pleasure with the fact that this topic has had more hits than any other for some time.

We must therefore assume that our debate is of interest, entertaining and hopefully brings some contentment.

Now that is worth a celebration!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 244 of 302 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

[/quote]
In the mean tine do continue to enjoy sitting out in the warm European sunshine.
[/quote]

And you enjoy the Northern European sun streaming through your windows.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 245 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Brexit deal very very close. They are floundering around in the detail but it’s nearly there.

Hurrah! That makes for a brill day.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 246 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

I hope so! But then again, as the old saying goes, I would not even follow this man (Boris) out of curiosity! Good luck.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 247 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Brexit deal done.

BBC announce deal between U.K. and EU has been done.

At last!

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 248 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

John Major
Tony Blair
Lord Adonis
Femi
Theresa May
Nicola Sturgeon
Alistair Campbell
Bob Geldof
Steve Coogan
Patrick Stewart
Delia Smith
Gary Lineker
Richard Branson
Emma Thompson
Eddie Izzard
Jo Brand
Vivienne Westwood

Your boys took a hell of a beating......

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 249 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

And yours didn’t? After the whistle blew for the kick off, it has taken over four years to finally kick the ball! So now, with luck that nothing changes of course and that the MPs agree to it (to keep their jobs) and that the EU parliament also agree to it - later on sometime next year - the ball will start to roll! Then, I suppose in a further four years we can all look back and say it was either the right move or not. Who can tell today what will happen - answers on the edge of a postage stamp please - a lot of us probably won’t be here to find out, but our children and their children will be!

It is for them that I hope for the best, my day is done in reality!

Well won Brexiteers - I hope you made the right choice.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 250 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Thu 24 Dec 2020 4:46 pm
John Major
Tony Blair
Lord Adonis
Femi
Theresa May
Nicola Sturgeon
Alistair Campbell
Bob Geldof
Steve Coogan
Patrick Stewart
Delia Smith
Gary Lineker
Richard Branson
Emma Thompson
Eddie Izzard
Jo Brand
Vivienne Westwood
It did seem to be opposition for oppositions sake from some of the leftists amongst them.
Maybe they didn’t know Tony Benn and Corbyn when he was honest were two of the biggest Euro skeptics around?
At least with Starmer he appears to be choosing his battles carefully

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”