Our UK fishing waters

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Our UK fishing waters

•   Message 101 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Iny opinion if Boris doesn't get a deal done because of fishing he should be hung drawn and quartered

The UK has been on the demise for years it's world standing has been sliding . You only have to look at the performance of the FTSE compared to the dax and Dow Jones over the last 15 years. British companies are not what they where compared to its competitors. A no deal will accelerate the UK's diminishing position in the world economy

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 102 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

johnerebus wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 2:48 pm

So was Charlie Chaplin.... Among many millions of others who seek a better world for all not just the few. ((W\))
To be fair to Chaplin a lot of well meaning people thought it was a good thing until it became clear it didn’t work and to implement it meant totalitarian government and millions died.

As someone said about communism, great idea wrong species.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 103 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Bomdas wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 3:17 pm

It won't be a kipper fantasist.
Anyone will do, throw a stick you'll hit someone brighter than you
Bomdas wrote:

Why would that apply to you, but not me? I reserve the right to remind you how stupid and destructive you have been in perpetuity.
OK do you reserve the right to rubber stamp what the majority vote for? How about we have an election and we get a winning party but before the Queen invites them to form a government we run it past you? As far as I can tell that is what you are looking for.
Bomdas wrote:

Not that the British and in particular HMG have any such reputation. Perish the thought.
OK I'll try to explain it again. If the majority of the people don't like the direction the British government is taking they get the chance to vote for another government. This is called a general election. Like I said read up on it
Bomdas wrote:

It's not them who suddenly want to change all of the rules all at the same time, with no notice or compensation.
Suddenly? We did vote to leave over 4 years ago. Let's say you rented a television. If you stop paying for it they can take it back. Without compensation!
Bomdas wrote:

Other than a dead cat bounce as the hedge fund leeches short sterling and asset strippers move through the high street and industrial parks like piranhas?
Fifty years or so according to Lord Snooty-Mogg. No bloody use to me then, or to my kids.
Lord Snooty Mogg? Eton schooled? Awww you're jealous of all those toffs.
You know what happens come the day of the revolution don't you?
All those party commissars move into the big houses and drive around in the big cars. But vodka will be cheap to keep you too drunk to notice that actually your life is even worse and you swapped one elite for another.

As for the 50 years, we have been in it 50 years it is going to take more than a fortnight to undo it.
But on the bright side your grandchildren wont be drafted into an EU army. Having said that, if genetics out, the chances are they'll fail the minimal IQ test.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 104 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Reyntj wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 4:26 pm

The UK has been on the demise for years it's world standing has been sliding . You only have to look at the performance of the FTSE compared to the dax and Dow Jones over the last 15 years. British companies are not what they where compared to its competitors. A no deal will accelerate the UK's diminishing position in the world economy
The UK had the 5th biggest economy in the world pre EEC. We still have the 5th biggest economy in the world.
Other countries in the EU haven't kept their position.

Yes the US economy is stronger than ours as is the German economy.

If you want to float that we form a trading block with America and Germany but can remain essentially British you have my vote.
If you want to suggest us joining with America but we also have to subsidise the Congo, Haiti, Yemen, Ethiopia and Venezuala I'll give it a pass thanks.

Bomdas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 105 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Bomdas »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 5:39 pm
OK do you reserve the right to rubber stamp what the majority vote for? How about we have an election and we get a winning party but before the Queen invites them to form a government we run it past you? As far as I can tell that is what you are looking for.
This, from a fantasist who whines that he/she and apparantly half the populatıon of the UK were denied a chance to vote against EU membership for half a century. Try to be consistent.
Bomdas wrote:
Not that the British and in particular HMG have any such reputation. Perish the thought.
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
OK I'll try to explain it again. If the majority of the people don't like the direction the British government is taking they get the chance to vote for another government. This is called a general election. Like I said read up on it
Your response is irrelevant nonsense.
By voting at a general election we can do away with the British reputation for regulation, red tape and bureaucracy?
You need to put your specs on, or get your home help to read stuff out to you. Maybe help with some of the big words you can't grasp.
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Suddenly? We did vote to leave over 4 years ago. Let's say you rented a television. If you stop paying for it they can take it back. Without compensation!
If I bought and paid for the telly, you can try to take it at your peril, buster. European fıshermen and companies bought and paid for quota rights in full accord with law and relevant regulations.
Owned, not rented - get your home help to explain when she has wiped you.
Voting to leave four years ago is again irrelevant - unless you are suggesting that details of current negotiations were written on the side of your bus?
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
As for the 50 years, we have been in it 50 years it is going to take more than a fortnight to undo it.
But on the bright side your grandchildren wont be drafted into an EU army. Having said that, if genetics out, the chances are they'll fail the minimal IQ test.
So you concede that your vaunted sunlit uplands are so far in the future they might as well be on Star Trek.
Also interesting that you put blind faith in breeding - just like the Nazis ...

frugal90
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 106 of 302 in Discussion

Post by frugal90 »

6th largest economy now overtaken by India

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 107 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Interested to know just which of you flag wavers have ever followed or waved the flag? As a UK taxpayer - by default - I have a vote and I vote to give away my percentage of the water and the damn fish just to put an end to this pointless debate.

What will be, will be. Boris will claim victory either way and the World will continue to turn! No real problem because the UK or rather the country that remains in the UK can just carry on saying how great they are going to be - bit like the RoC really.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 108 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Bomdas wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 6:26 pm

This, from a fantasist who whines that he/she and apparantly half the populatıon of the UK were denied a chance to vote against EU membership for half a century. Try to be consistent.
I'm beginning to wonder if there is something mentally wrong with you or you are living in a parallel universe.
OK point me towards a referendum on membership of the EU or indeed any EU treaties from 1976 to 2015. One that half or even all the UK population could vote on
Bomdas wrote:

By voting at a general election we can do away with the British reputation for regulation, red tape and bureaucracy?
Well we have voted for one layer to go mate. It's happening suck it up. Boo hoo

Bomdas wrote:

If I bought and paid for the telly, you can try to take it at your peril, buster.
I wouldn't dare you are the most terrifying keyboard warrior I've met all day. ((/))
Bomdas wrote:

Voting to leave four years ago is again irrelevant - unless you are suggesting that details of current negotiations were written on the side of your bus?
Ah the bus took your time with that. No Michael Jackson jokes yet? They are really topical.
Yep they have membership for a gym that has now closed its doors. They want to be reasonable they'll be a divorce settlement and they can get some money from that because that's what it's for. It's not a gift. They've had enough of those
Bomdas wrote:

The Nazi jibe. Tick. You really are a cliche aren't you? Look it up or have someone read it to you.

So you don't believe in genetics? Interesting. Put Darwin on your reading list.
I know genetics is a similar word to eugenics which is what you have leapt at. Is that your big word of the day? :)
They both have gen in. A lot of words do.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 109 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Bomdas wrote:
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Bomdas wrote:
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
You need to put your specs on, or get your home help to read stuff out to you. Maybe help with some of the big words you can't grasp.
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
If I bought and paid for the telly, you can try to take it at your peril, buster. European fıshermen and companies bought and paid for quota rights in full accord with law and relevant regulations.
Owned, not rented - get your home help to explain when she has wiped you.
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
So you concede that your vaunted sunlit uplands are so far in the future they might as well be on Star Trek.
The comment that stands out from all the above is
“Voting to leave four years ago is irrelevant”

That for me tells me all I want to know. Thanks for that.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Bomdas
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 110 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Bomdas »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 7:37 pm

Voting to leave four years ago gives the right to unilaterally vary fishing quotas which were legally established and paid for.

Of course master.
I bow to your authority.
And evident bias.

Done with this crap.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 111 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

thornaby wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 10:28 am
Brexit will be a success, yes there may be difficulties in the short term but the rewards of being a free and independent sovereign country again will more then compensate. 15 days to freedom!
Hmmm
So pleased your in a position to put all my BREXIT concerns to rest.
Like no trade deal with our largest customer. lack of leadership, lack of planning, clear indications and factual notifications that the UK will be worse off. Loss of my freedoms to travel , work and easily visit most of Europe. All this even after 4 years to get a plan in place!!

Oh! but I'll be free of such insignificant advantage because in 15 days it'll be alright. I'll put that in the bank then.

Like our i'll prepared government you're comments upon the rewards of BREXIT are without any substance whatsoever.
Rule Britannia !! get real...please

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 112 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Bomdas wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 8:17 pm
PoshinDevon wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 7:37 pm

Voting to leave four years ago gives the right to unilaterally vary fishing quotas which were legally established and paid for.

Of course master.
I bow to your authority.
And evident bias.

Done with this crap.
It was the fact that you in just a few words dismiss a democratic decision that was given to and made by the British public as irrelevant.

For me; wether you voted to remain or leave, vote Conservative, Labour or another political party and whatever the result it was a democratic decision. A decision entrusted to and given by the British public.
A decision that above all must be respected.

There are many countries whose people simply do not have this luxury.

That is why it is important to me.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 113 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 9:24 pm
thornaby wrote:
Brexit will be a success, yes there may be difficulties in the short term but the rewards of being a free and independent sovereign country again will more then compensate. 15 days to freedom!
Hmmm
Like no trade deal with our largest customer. lack of leadership, lack of planning, clear indications and factual notifications that the UK will be worse off. Loss of my freedoms to travel , work and easily visit most of Europe. All this even after 4 years to get a plan in place!!

Oh! but I'll be free of such insignificant advantage because in 15 days it'll be alright. I'll put that in the bank then.

Like our i'll prepared government you're comments upon the rewards of BREXIT are without any substance whatsoever.

Why will you lose the freedom to travel?
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 114 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Dalartokat wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 10:17 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 9:24 pm
thornaby wrote:
Hmmm

Why will you lose the freedom to travel?
Hello Dalartokat
As holder of a UK European passport I and all UK passport holders have a given freedom of travel plus many other rights within all member states of the European Union.
I have been forced to surrender that EU passport and the associated freedoms and rights bar those I can expect within the borders of the UK of course.
Like any "alien" it will be necessary to obtain permissions, visas and other documents in order to passage through foreign lands.

I hope that clarifies for you

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 115 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Last time I was in Italy I bumped into an American. I was stunned I thought wow when did America join the EU

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 116 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 10:44 pm
Last time I was in Italy I bumped into an American. I was stunned I thought wow when did America join the EU
👍👍 I’ve done the same in France. Those pesky yanks!

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 117 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 10:44 pm
ETS
You're clearly one of those that havn't quite yet grasped the whole EU thing.

If you manage to go to America ( you'll need a visa) someone there will surely enlighten you on the United states of America and possibly the European Union too.
I recommend it. In any future democratic votes you will hopefully be rather better prepared.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 118 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 11:33 pm

If you manage to go to America ( you'll need a visa)
And you have to go to the American Embassy and queue for hours and wait for months right?
You do know it’s not 1971 right?
I know you think the rest of the world stood still once we joined the EU but it didn’t, it changed too!

Because here’s the thing, if it’s too difficult to visit a place then people go somewhere else and that’s money lost from something they call tourism.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 119 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

If we don't manage to get a deal, I will be gutted!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 120 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Don't you just love the EU idea of a level playing field, we are expected to follow their regulations, ones which we have no input to, they will not folow ours. In the event of any dispute it will be judged not by an independent body but the European Court of Justice . And of course other countries that the Eu have trading agreements with such as Canada, Australia etc have no such ridiculous demands placed on them. You could not make this crap up. The Eu and treacherous UK politicians failed to reverse the Brexit vote. Now the Eu are sending out a clear message to other countries that dare to think about leaving, dont do it, see how we screwed the Uk. 14 days to freedom!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 121 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Kanonier wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 8:37 am
I'm pretty sure there will be a deal, this is just brinksmanship. But if it's not the right deal then we should walk away. Hopefully JOhnson realises that BRINO will finish him.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 122 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 10:54 am
Kanonier wrote:
I'm pretty sure there will be a deal, this is just brinksmanship. But if it's not the right deal then we should walk away. Hopefully JOhnson realises that BRINO will finish him.

"Fish" "Gutted". w:) :) :)

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 123 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Kanonier wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 3:50 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 10:54 am
Kanonier wrote:

"Fish" "Gutted". w:) :) :)
Doh, bit slow there

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 124 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

thornaby wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 8:45 am
Don't you just love the EU idea of a level playing field, we are expected to follow their regulations, ones which we have no input to, they will not folow ours. In the event of any dispute it will be judged not by an independent body but the European Court of Justice . And of course other countries that the Eu have trading agreements with such as Canada, Australia etc have no such ridiculous demands placed on them. You could not make this crap up. The Eu and treacherous UK politicians failed to reverse the Brexit vote. Now the Eu are sending out a clear message to other countries that dare to think about leaving, dont do it, see how we screwed the Uk. 14 days to freedom!
That's precisely why an economic union makes sense.
If you want to sell goods to a customer you need to provide what they want including any certification, labelling or other requirements. The EU our largest customer has these requirements very clearly documented. Sellers into the EU must oblige or lose out. If a deal is done, which I think we will, then UK sellers will have to conform to these demands. We already do this of course.

Only major change is that the UK is no longer in the room that makes the rules and regulations. Bad move!!

In addition. The UK must now spend massive amounts of money to set up our own "stand alone rules and regulations" which will be great for the internal market but will need to be sold to all the other potential customers including the EU. This alone is a massive undertaking and as far as I can see. Has hardly even started. I see a general drop in standards, employment rights, and a generally poorly funded EU alternative.
You say:
"Screwed the UK". Yes I agree that we're rather screwed and for some time to come. Freedom in 14 days....Hmmm damp squid on that I think.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 125 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 7:14 am
waz-24-7 wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 11:33 pm

If you manage to go to America ( you'll need a visa)
And you have to go to the American Embassy and queue for hours and wait for months right?
You do know it’s not 1971 right?
I know you think the rest of the world stood still once we joined the EU but it didn’t, it changed too!

Because here’s the thing, if it’s too difficult to visit a place then people go somewhere else and that’s money lost from something they call tourism.
Hardly. I travelled 55,000 miles in 2019. Around the globe in 50 days. through each and every Time zone. from Europe to middle and far east. Mongolia, Azerbaijan, China Russia and yes the USA and Canada. I've seen the many visa systems first hand and I've experienced the privileges that my EU passport have provided and also the difficulties of border crossings and visa difficulties.
Losing those privileges is a big negative so please don't try and paste it any other way.
With Cyprus in mind. The same loss is very very poignant given the cross green line animosity. Access to the TRNC has become more difficult and more expensive. This is why I have found it so surprising that many TRNC based ex pats failed to see the direct consequences of voting leave.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 126 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Hedge-fund »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 9:08 pm
thornaby wrote:
If you want to sell goods to a customer you need to provide what they want including any certification, labelling or other requirements. The EU our largest customer has these requirements very clearly documented. Sellers into the EU must oblige or lose out. If a deal is done, which I think we will, then UK sellers will have to conform to these demands. We already do this of course.

Only major change is that the UK is no longer in the room that makes the rules and regulations. Bad move!!

In addition. The UK must now spend massive amounts of money to set up our own "stand alone rules and regulations" which will be great for the internal market but will need to be sold to all the other potential customers including the EU. This alone is a massive undertaking and as far as I can see. Has hardly even started. I see a general drop in standards, employment rights, and a generally poorly funded EU alternative.
You say:
"Screwed the UK"
. Yes I agree that we're rather screwed and for some time to come. Freedom in 14 days....Hmmm damp squid on that I think.
What are these damp squids you speak of waz?

Are they part of the eu fishing rights negotiations?

I've tried to give you an easier time on the tlr devaluations and the benefits of UK independence.......
...but I must draw the line at squid dampness.

Please explain.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 127 of 302 in Discussion

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Wed 16 Dec 2020 1:47 pm
But here is the thing, right or wrong the people voted to leave.

Here is the thing, from the moment the result was know it was never really about if we leave at all or not. Despite all the hoo haa and heat and noise back then time has now proven this. From that moment and most especially for an extreme minority it was then only ever about how we left. For a small minority at the extreme end of the spectrum of views the necessity then became to leave in such a manner that there could not be any 'changing of minds' or going back whatever the people might want or be willing to vote for democratically in 10 years or 20 or 40 or 50. For this extremist minority a no deal crash out was always the best option because it denied the people any opportunity to be able to consider again for the longest period of time. It looks like this extremist minority has pretty much got what they wanted. You can pretend that these people cared and care only for the will of the people but all I see is the exact opposite. They feared and fear the will of the people and its fickle nature. Leaving the EU in a sensible phased and gradual managed way over sensible periods of time was not acceptable to them because that did not take away all choice for at least a generation to come. It did not deny the people any further say in the matter for a generation. For that no deal was required. For these people there was and is no damage too great they are not wiling to inflict on the UK and it's people in pursuit of that objective. Not to leave the EU but to leave in a manner that denies any future choice for the longest possible time. In my book that is attempting to subvert democracy with intent.

You might hope that by now they might finally just be honest about it. We had to come out in such a damaging way because it was vital that the people not be able to have a say again for the longest possible time. Somehow I doubt it though.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 128 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Kanonier, this is no plaice for puns of that nature.

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 129 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Medjoul1 wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:46 am

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't give a flyingfish. :shock:

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 130 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Erol, re your last post. If you turn your comments around 180 degrees. This is exactly how i have felt for the past 50 or so years. I voted to get out then and i have felt just the way you describe since. I now look forward to a better way of living.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 131 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

It’s been over four years.

The majority have decided that they would wish to leave the EU. Despite lots of shouting from the sidelines there is no evidence that a large majority of those who either voted leave or remain have changed their minds. I have little time for those that are against or would wish to reverse, stall or somehow stop a democratic decision made by the British public. Over the years there have been many elections where I didn’t agree with the result, many council decision in my area I didn’t agree with and I have been on committees and also been outvoted. I may not like the result but have accepted it.

That’s why it is important that this decision is upheld, the U.K. moves forward positively.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 132 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

When they couldn’t get a second referendum based on the fact that possibly 17.4 million people thought the question of leave or remain was too complicated then I guess the plan was Brexit in name only.

So Erol if by extremist you mean clued up enough to not want to leave and nothing to change then I guess I must be an extremist. Unfortunately we have got wise to the tricks. “You said no to a constitution, ok we’ll remove some commas and give it back to you as a treaty once we have run a project fear.”

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 133 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 9:19 pm

Hardly. I travelled 55,000 miles in 2019. Around the globe in 50 days. through each and every Time zone. from Europe to middle and far east. Mongolia, Azerbaijan, China Russia and yes the USA and Canada. I've seen the many visa systems first hand and I've experienced the privileges that my EU passport have provided and also the difficulties of border crossings and visa difficulties.
Losing those privileges is a big negative so please don't try and paste it any other way.

With Cyprus in mind. The same loss is very very poignant given the cross green line animosity. Access to the TRNC has become more difficult and more expensive. This is why I have found it so surprising that many TRNC based ex pats failed to see the direct consequences of voting leave.
Wax what advantages would an EU passport give you in Mongolia, Azerbaijan, China Russia and the USA that a U.K. one won’t?

When I voted to leave I did it knowing that it would probably cause me problems personally. I voted to leave because I believe medium to long term it will be best for a Britain that includes my children and grandchildren. Ironically despite that I have constantly be accused of wanting to sabotage Britain by people who seem to despise Britain and will take up any country’s side against us.
You wanted to remain because it will save you paperwork.

Round and round we go. Same arguments rehashed. We are leaving, it’s done. Suck it up.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 134 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

The eu passport, freedom of movement has been a wonderful and golden opportunity for the villains of this world to expand their empires. Good borders like good fences are the only sensible way to go. Yes for the majority of honest people in this world the inconvenience of having to get visas and the like to enter another country may be a pain but its a price worth paying if it keeps the undesirables of our streets. 13 days to go!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 135 of 302 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 9:30 am
waz-24-7 wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 9:19 pm

Wax what advantages would an EU passport give you in Mongolia, Azerbaijan, China Russia and the USA that a U.K. one won’t?

When I voted to leave I did it knowing that it would probably cause me problems personally. I voted to leave because I believe medium to long term it will be best for a Britain that includes my children and grandchildren. Ironically despite that I have constantly be accused of wanting to sabotage Britain by people who seem to despise Britain and will take up any country’s side against us.
You wanted to remain because it will save you paperwork.

Round and round we go. Same arguments rehashed. We are leaving, it’s done. Suck it up.
:+1:)

I was also somewhat baffled with the comments about passports, Mongolia and Azerbaijan. I am also pretty confident that when I travel whilst I may have to join a different queue on arrival and it may take a little longer but no big deal. We will still travel.

Of course if it’s not the EU passport, then immigration will be thrown into the argument with a suggestion that those who voted leave are anti “foreigners” coming to the U.K. or even worse closet rascists. Again wrong. I happen to believe that controlling who can come and stay on our crowded island is a rather sensible thing to do. I have no qualms with people fleeing persecution and rightly looking to settle in the U.K. if this is indeed the case. On the other hand we must look to ensure we only allow in those who will embrace our culture and contribute to the country.

The world is a big place with plenty of trading opportunities. Deal or no deal the U.K. will want to trade with the EU and then with us. So let’s not go round and round arguing about who will be worse off. The U.K. of course will be free to strike trade agreements, deals or relationships with other countries outside of the EU. Yes the EU is an important trading partner but there are many other trading opportunities available. I find it strange that some dismiss this. Who would have thought that India, Brazil and even further back China and Japan would have such an impact on the world economy. How very dare they.

As the days count down to year end, a deal or no deal changes like the wind. I would like a deal and feel there is a deal to be done and maybe it will happen, but you know what after 4 years it’s time to move on.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 136 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 11:22 am

Of course if it’s not the EU passport, then immigration will be thrown into the argument with a suggestion that those who voted leave are anti “foreigners” coming to the U.K. or even worse closet rascists. Again wrong. I happen to believe that controlling who can come and stay on our crowded island is a rather sensible thing to do. I have no qualms with people fleeing persecution and rightly looking to settle in the U.K. if this is indeed the case. On the other hand we must look to ensure we only allow in those who will embrace our culture and contribute to the country.
What happens with this argument is those who really want completely open borders will say of course we should have controls but we don’t take as many as Germany etc.

So my question is always, how many do you have in mind for us to take as fair? I’ve never received an answer to that because whilst they pay lip service to controls they really want open borders. Because they are very woke and kind and more especially they know that they live in an area which won’t take any immigrants or asylum seekers in any numbers. Also it’s votes.

My second question is do you have a front door and do you lock it? That usually will cause a lot of spluttering as silly although they are the same people who will tell you that there is no crime to speak of in the U.K.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 137 of 302 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

FSTS, no crime t speak of in the UK. Are you serious? On top of which Manchester Metropolitan let 80,000 be filed/ignored/or whatever, just to make their figures, look good. That in itself is a massive crime in my book.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 138 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sophie wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 1:39 pm
FSTS, no crime t speak of in the UK. Are you serious? On top of which Manchester Metropolitan let 80,000 be filed/ignored/or whatever, just to make their figures, look good. That in itself is a massive crime in my book.
Trust me there are lots who will tell you crime is going down and they can of course produce statistics to prove it. Any evidence you have is of course anecdotal which doesn’t count. Well only doesn’t count if you produce it!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 139 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Sorry, what is fsts, have tried looking it up but I don't think its the fire service trying school.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 140 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

thornaby wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 2:09 pm
Sorry, what is fsts, have tried looking it up but I don't think its the fire service trying school.
I’m guessing that the first S is sake and the ts might be missing an e in front for my moniker. So I’m going on f@%#’s sake Enjoying the sun. Knowing what a potty mouth that one has, that’s my guess anyhow 😉

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 141 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

E JTS, thanks, I think!

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 142 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Medjoul1 wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:46 am

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't give a flyingfish.

Is that the (Dover) sole reason you posted on this thread?

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 143 of 302 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

A happy blumming Christmas to all , yes even the remoaners!

kerry 6138
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 144 of 302 in Discussion

Post by kerry 6138 »

http://eu-policies.com/competences/econ ... nced-2020/
Decision made pre deal or no deal dont just blame brexit

The quota for cod, however, will see a significant reduction. In 2020, the total allowable catches will be reduced by 88% in Western Ireland, the Celtic Sea and the Eastern Channel. It will also be reduced by 68% in the Irish Sea.
Cod fishing is already banned in the Eastern Baltic. This immediate ban was implemented in response to a predicted stock collapsed, after scientists announced there could be a “rapid decline in cod if no action is taken

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 145 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

Medjoul1 wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 5:38 pm
Medjoul1 wrote: ↑
Fri Dec 18, 2020 8:46 am

I'm sorry, but I really couldn't give a flyingfish.

Is that the (Dover) sole reason you posted on this thread?
I am finding difficult to come back with a suitably humorous riposte, in fact I am beginning to flounder.

silverfir
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 146 of 302 in Discussion

Post by silverfir »

I’m glad the subject has lightened up a bit In fact the subject of fish has gone a bit flat

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 147 of 302 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

silverfir wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:25 pm
I’m glad the subject has lightened up a bit In fact the subject of fish has gone a bit flat
There was a bit of hake speech floating around plus there has been a lot of information maybe people are taking time to mullet over.
I’m sure I could come up with some fish puns let minnow when you want me to start

Kanonier
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 148 of 302 in Discussion

Post by Kanonier »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:32 pm
silverfir wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:25 pm
There was a bit of hake speech floating around plus there has been a lot of information maybe people are taking time to mullet over.
I’m sure I could come up with some fish puns let minnow when you want me to start

Brill!! Glad more people are coming on board, I've just about run out of my quota.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 149 of 302 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Kanonier wrote:
Fri 18 Dec 2020 7:46 pm
Brill!! Glad more people are coming on board, I've just about run out of my quota.
I hope they get their skates on, but don't just spout a load of pollocks....

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 150 of 302 in Discussion

Post by waz-24-7 »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 11:33 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Thu 17 Dec 2020 9:08 pm
thornaby wrote:

You say:
"Screwed the UK"
. Yes I agree that we're rather screwed and for some time to come. Freedom in 14 days....Hmmm damp squid on that I think.
What are these damp squids you speak of waz?

Are they part of the eu fishing rights negotiations?

I've tried to give you an easier time on the tlr devaluations and the benefits of UK independence.......
...but I must draw the line at squid dampness.

Please explain.
I refer to the freedom ( more like difficulties) that we are supposed to celebrate in a few weeks. I see no reason to celebrate. I will not celebrate a move into a period of yet more uncertainty, difficulty and general loss. I do not know of anyone who can lay before me the benefit that I may secure and or indeed celebrate.
Many will celebrate no issue with that. Of these. Many will not be contributors to the UK economy. Many are fearful of foreigners and what they could bring to global co operation and the UK economy Many have not grasped what precisely BREXIT has been about. Many have simply taken it as a win or lose; them and us scenario. Win at all costs.
Damp squid celebration for me certainly.

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”