Bad news re travelling to or from South

Here you can comment on political news, create threads for open discussion.

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Bad news re travelling to or from South

Post by waz-24-7 »

Thank you also.
The debate is not Brexit. Its about travel to or from the South. Brexit is done!
Of course the Brexit decision has a bearing on the matter as being a non European is very relevant.

I am not bleating anything. I am highlighting points of concern relevant to the subject; passing opinion. and answering questions posed to my comments.

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by mrsgee »

Oddly enough I do consider myself to be European not a non European.... just because the UK is no longer in the 'club' does not mean I am suddenly non European... let's see who is next to leave the 'club' but I digress... as you say although you insist on bringing it up, this is not about brexit... I truly am not mortally wounded if I cannot pop over the border to the south nor fly there. Life goes on indeed it does

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Waz... I am pleased you acknowledge Brexit is done. The next stage is to stop bringing it up. As others have said we forfeited nothing, we had a democratic vote and the result was clear. Also you should really stop hinting that those who voted to leave somehow never even thought how this may possibly impact their travel to the TRNC. I really do think the majority who are residents, have homes in the north were well aware.

What is important is to monitor the current situation and try to understand what if any changes will be implemented. As yet nothing is official,
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

Mrs gee
I too consider myself European. I share this with many European friends, colleagues and indeed Cypriots.
The fact is however that when it comes to legislative considerations such as holding a European passport. We are not European.

The Cyprus situation, as I have said, raises some unique considerations, particularly when it comes to travel matters which is the subject of this.
discussion. The ROC are intent on capitalising on my new alien status. I and other regular visitor seek easy and cost effective routes of entry. This is apparently going to get more difficult.

I also am not mortally wounded if I cannot go south. I have good friends who can go for me and pick up for example motorbike parts.
The loss of Larnaca and Pathos as staging posts is a loss to me and I am disappointed. I will see how things pan out and then possibly review my longer term Cyprus position.
Last edited by waz-24-7 on Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:21 pm
Waz... I am pleased you acknowledge Brexit is done. The next stage is to stop bringing it up. As others have said we forfeited nothing, we had a democratic vote and the result was clear. Also you should really stop hinting that those who voted to leave somehow never even thought how this may possibly impact their travel to the TRNC. I really do think the majority who are residents, have homes in the north were well aware.

What is important is to monitor the current situation and try to understand what if any changes will be implemented. As yet nothing is official,
I absolutely disagree that we have forfeited nothing. If it was indeed the case then this topic would certainly not be aired or discussed.
I disagree too that ex pats in TRNC were fully aware of the consequences. Even if some were. Did they not consider how UK holiday makers and visitors may be negatively impacted and put off from visiting or was that simply not of interest. After all it is ALL UK citizens that must deal with the new position.
Furthermore.
You have on numerous occasions indicated and asked for some clarification on this matter. That strongly suggests that in fact you had no idea of the outcome when you supported the divorce.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brinsley »

"Brexit is done"
To the detriment of travelling British passport holders and British expats. I damn those that voted to leave and can now happily wallow in their self-pity. It is about time Brits realised the Empire is over and so is Nationalism!

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:40 pm
PoshinDevon wrote:

I absolutely disagree that we have forfeited nothing. If it was indeed the case then this topic would certainly not be aired or discussed.
I disagree too that ex pats in TRNC were fully aware of the consequences. Even if some were. Did they not consider how UK holiday makers and visitors may be negatively impacted and put off from visiting or was that simply not of interest. After all it is ALL UK citizens that must deal with the new position.
Furthermore.
You have on numerous occasions indicated and asked for some clarification on this matter. That strongly suggests that in fact you had no idea of the outcome when you supported the divorce.
Many have already posted we forfeited nothing. You choose to ignore.

The clarification I am looking for is verification from a proper source concerning crossing the border between the ROC and TRNC. I was well aware of what I voted for in 2016. It is you who continues to insist that those that voted leave did not know what we were voting for.... completely wrong. I and others have stated many times that we were aware what we voted for, understood the outcome but on balance decided that leaving the EU was what we wanted.

Continuing with your subtle digs and suggestions that we were somehow clueless is something you just cannot give up on.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Geoff1131 »

Brinsley wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:51 pm
"Brexit is done"
To the detriment of travelling British passport holders and British expats. I damn those that voted to leave and can now happily wallow in their self-pity. It is about time Brits realised the Empire is over and so is Nationalism!
And i damn those who voted to keep the UK locked into a club that would not hold proper elections to appoint leaders of the club. Who to this day refuse to have the accounts audited by an independent agency to make sure there has been no fraud or incorrect use of money paid into the coffers by the very people who are denied a vote to appoint their leaders. And i am not wallowing in anything, i will leave that to those who refuse to accept a democratic vote.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brinsley »

I refer your comments to the 'House of Lords'

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Reyntj »

Gone far off the thread here. I agree with posh still awaiting clarification. Ozersay has probably reacted to the original document posted. No change in the green line regulation. Nothing in the Greek pressreported. No tourists currently enroute. This could be a hoo haa about nothing.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

This is not a topic about Brexit, but it is drifting that way.

Further posts referring to Brexit will be deleted.

Whilst there has been lots of rumours, press reports etc concerning arriving in the ROC and possible restrictions on crossing the green line there appears to be nothing official to back this up.

The topic will be left open but I would suggest it’s probably sensible to wait for an official announcement from a verified source.

I certainly will withhold commenting further for now.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Brinsley wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:51 pm
"Brexit is done"
Hahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank you I enjoyed that.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:32 pm
Mrs gee
I too consider myself European.
We are all European.

We are just not in the eu anymore.

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Trigger »

erol wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 6:54 am
Trigger wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 4:52 am
Ok. The point I am making is that it is a bit rubbish to not allow people over a border / into a country based on where they are from.
And my point is that every country does this. If you turn up at Heathrow and are from some countries, you will be allowed to enter UK as a tourist. If you come from other countries you will not. This has always been the case. What rights you have to enter the UK or not as a non citizen are defined by 'where you are from'.
Which countries do the Uk not allow in as at least a tourist visitor? (In normal circumstances, not COVID times)

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

Trigger wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 3:48 am
erol wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 6:54 am
Trigger wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 4:52 am
Ok. The point I am making is that it is a bit rubbish to not allow people over a border / into a country based on where they are from.
And my point is that every country does this. If you turn up at Heathrow and are from some countries, you will be allowed to enter UK as a tourist. If you come from other countries you will not. This has always been the case. What rights you have to enter the UK or not as a non citizen are defined by 'where you are from'.
Which countries do the Uk not allow in as at least a tourist visitor? (In normal circumstances, not COVID times)
The specific difference, opposed to many other countries, upon allowing entry to Cyprus is based on the animosity between ROC and TRNC. Any opportunity that arises to hinder the TRNC then the ROC will capitalise upon.it Given that UK citizens do not have a free right of passage. That is the point of leverage. This is the bad news that the poster refers too.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 9:33 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Sun 28 Feb 2021 8:40 pm
PoshinDevon wrote:

Furthermore.
Many have already posted we forfeited nothing. You choose to ignore.

The clarification I am looking for is verification from a proper source concerning crossing the border between the ROC and TRNC. I was well aware of what I voted for in 2016. It is you who continues to insist that those that voted leave did not know what we were voting for.... completely wrong. I and others have stated many times that we were aware what we voted for, understood the outcome but on balance decided that leaving the EU was what we wanted.

Continuing with your subtle digs and suggestions that we were somehow clueless is something you just cannot give up on.

Oh,
Other posters have said that we forfeited nothing.. I must therefore be wrong.
But.
I had free legal right of passage and entry to Cyprus. Now I do not. I was forced to forfeit that right.

The fact that you now await clarification upon travel to Cyprus suggests very strongly that indeed you had no idea or thought about consequences following the said decision you made in 2016.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Geoff1131 »

Waz there are lots of situations that require people to deal with throughout their lives. When you pass your driving test in the UK you are given a driving licence which remains active until you are 70 years old. At that point you can no longer drive legally without renewing your licence. So i guess your position would be to arrange for all people over 70 in the UK with driving licences to get together and complain that a right that they had to drive unhindered on UK roads had now been taken away from them??????

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

Geoff1131 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 10:12 am
Waz there are lots of situations that require people to deal with throughout their lives. When you pass your driving test in the UK you are given a driving licence which remains active until you are 70 years old. At that point you can no longer drive legally without renewing your licence. So i guess your position would be to arrange for all people over 70 in the UK with driving licences to get together and complain that a right that they had to drive unhindered on UK roads had now been taken away from them??????
I think that the over 70's driving license scenario is hardly reflective. The over 70's driving license law is presumably based upon an ageing ability to safely handle a motor vehicle.
I agree that at 70 people should re assess and re align their driving aspirations. If you are able and competent then crack on and good luck.

Of course we must deal with the current travel situation that has been brought to our attention. I see no reasonable argument that satisfies me that this situation should be accepted. I am amazed that many see it as simply not important. The bigger picture could be rather more damaging than many envisage.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Should we just then forget what some people said before Brexit happened about how any suggestion it may lead to inconvenience to those living here in the North with only UK citizenship were nonsense and just project fear ? Would pointing out that some of assumptions made back then are proving false now , be remoaning ? Things like the idea that UK tourism to the RoC is so important to the RoC that they would not dare impose any new restrictions on UK citizens in the North as a result and other assumptions like these. Some of these assumptions made before exit look to not be holding post it. Are we not allowed to point this out ?

Yes there were those arguing back then that exit could lead to such inconvenience and that was something they were balancing in their decision but there were also those who did state back then they believed such suggestions were just project fear' and they did not believe they would happen. Its all there if you care to search it out.

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Geoff1131 »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 10:27 am
Geoff1131 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 10:12 am
I think that the over 70's driving license scenario is hardly reflective. The over 70's driving license law is presumably based upon an ageing ability to safely handle a motor vehicle.
I agree that at 70 people should re assess and re align their driving aspirations. If you are able and competent then crack on and good luck.

Of course we must deal with the current travel situation that has been brought to our attention. I see no reasonable argument that satisfies me that this situation should be accepted. I am amazed that many see it as simply not important. The bigger picture could be rather more damaging than many envisage.

Well if you dont see any reasonable argument why you should accept the new restrictions ( if they are proven to be ) then why not just ignore them? If you are stopped by any ROC official just tell them that you did not vote to leave your precious club and see if they will let you go on your way??? worth a try no????

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 10:31 am
Should we just then forget what some people said before Brexit happened about how any suggestion it may lead to inconvenience to those living here in the North with only UK citizenship were nonsense and just project fear ? Would pointing out that some of assumptions made back then are proving false now , be remoaning ? Things like the idea that UK tourism to the RoC is so important to the RoC that they would not dare impose any new restrictions on UK citizens in the North as a result and other assumptions like these. Some of these assumptions made before exit look to not be holding post it. Are we not allowed to point this out ?

Yes there were those arguing back then that exit could lead to such inconvenience and that was something they were balancing in their decision but there were also those who did state back then they believed such suggestions were just project fear' and they did not believe they would happen. Its all there if you care to search it out.

Personally I've always been prepared to take this hit mainly because I'm aware that people will sometimes take an action no matter how much it defies logic or common sense.
A mistake that most people, including myself at times, make is to put their own logic and reasoning on someone else. No matter how stupid a move is, don't think someone won't do it because you or 99% of normal people won't.

With regards to some not believing that particular part of the project fear propaganda, there was so much disinformation on both sides it was difficult to sort the fly poop from the pepper. By the same token I think even some leavers believed the promises that the EU army was a nonsense concept invented by the leave campaign as the denials were so vehement.

Personally I think they'll be a bit of sabre rattling for 6 months to a year and then it will go back to normal.
The GCs will realise that it has made zero difference and all they have done is deprive themselves of some much needed revenue.
Without the UK's future EU contributions I'm sure the South wont enjoy as many handouts as they have received previously plus with the economic fall out from the lockdowns, Cyprus will be looking for every penny.
That is of course if they think with any logic or common sense.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 10:49 am
With regards to some not believing that particular part of the project fear propaganda, there was so much disinformation on both sides it was difficult to sort the fly poop from the pepper.
Which is why there might be some worth in going back after the fact and seeing what was propaganda and what was not perhaps ? Rather than just continuing to fight the same old boring camped up Brexit arguments over and over from back then as if we do not now have any more information to go on ? Just a thought.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Erol,

That is why I have suggested that we stop going back to Brexit. It is done. What I will argue with is those that want to make out that travel to the TRNC is akin to trying to get into The Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea. Or they continue to plug the mantra those who voted leave are somehow less intelligent and had no understanding or idea what they were voting for. In this context travel to the TRNC via the ROC. Both are complete hogwash.

What we should be trying to find out is if the latest rumours published in the press, on the internet or coming from politicians looking for exposure etc are in fact from a verified official source.

At present; whilst I stand to be corrected, I have not seen or read anything official. Therefore I am more than happy to treat this with caution, wait and make my travel plans accordingly once the facts are known.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

Brexit is done but personally I remain interested in understanding after the fact and with that knowledge what was propaganda from either side and what was not. I understand others may not be interested and this is not the topic of this thread.

It does raise a small smile with me when you say you are waiting for official declarations, like this is not Cyprus and there is some actual correlation between such things and what actually happens at any given time on the ground :)
Last edited by erol on Mon 01 Mar 2021 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by erol »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 12:03 pm
Or they continue to plug the mantra those who voted leave are somehow less intelligent and had no understanding or idea what they were voting for. In this context travel to the TRNC via the ROC. Both are complete hogwash.
But you do accept presumably that there were those that appeared to believe that post Brexit travel for UK citizens via RoC to and from TRNC would not be affected at all ? No one (meaning me) is saying they were stupid to believe this back then by the way but it does appear they may turn out to have just been wrong ?

Yes I know off topic lol

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 11:21 am

Which is why there might be some worth in going back after the fact and seeing what was propaganda and what was not perhaps ? Rather than just continuing to fight the same old boring camped up Brexit arguments over and over from back then as if we do not now have any more information to go on ? Just a thought.
What's the point in going back, I know know that there isn't a Father Christmas or tooth fairy but I'm going to let it go.
There were undoubtedly some fibs or spin of information from the leave side, figures on buses being gross or net but you can't be blind to the fact that there was the same on the remain side.
Another thing that is impossible to say without 100% hindsight on is how liquid the situation is.
The ROC are being bloody minded now so those who said remain can say "see see" but if/when they relax these rules can the leave side say "see, see" too?

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

erol wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 10:31 am

Yes indeed,
The situation that is emerging is no shock to me at all. The writing was and is now bold as brass on the wall. The "wait and see" and "project fear " preachers are enlightened. The other damages that were on the same wall are emerging. The "take back control" preachers have certainly done that but the damage and loss is not in my opinion worth it.
Not withstanding the vote that we are no longer in the EU. It is fair and proper as per this discussion that resultant issues are discussed in open forum. To remove any posts that refer to Brexit is wrong.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 12:03 pm
Erol,

That is why I have suggested that we stop going back to Brexit. It is done. What I will argue with is those that want to make out that travel to the TRNC is akin to trying to get into The Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea. Or they continue to plug the mantra those who voted leave are somehow less intelligent and had no understanding or idea what they were voting for. In this context travel to the TRNC via the ROC. Both are complete hogwash.

What we should be trying to find out is if the latest rumours published in the press, on the internet or coming from politicians looking for exposure etc are in fact from a verified official source.

At present; whilst I stand to be corrected, I have not seen or read anything official. Therefore I am more than happy to treat this with caution, wait and make my travel plans accordingly once the facts are known.
The "Bad news" as posted is as a result of loss of freedom of movement. That is a direct result of the UK leaving the EU. How can you possibly suggest this is not a Brexit related topic?
you're waiting for:
Official verified sources. Hold on . This is Cyprus! ..Wait on!

its all hogwash.... I guess you'll be booking flights to Larnaca just as soon as you can.
Lets all get real ..please.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 2:00 pm

The "Bad news" as posted is as a result of loss of freedom of movement. That is a direct result of the UK leaving the EU. How can you possibly suggest this is not a Brexit related topic?
So if a UK passport holder was in say Italy, as they don't hold an EU passport they wouldn't be allowed to cross the border into France?
UK leaving the EU is a factor but the Cypriot situation is more of a factor isn't it?
Like I say give it 6 months a year and I think the situation will change and without us rejoining the EU.
Anyhow I guess the economy is doing ok considering covid? I can rely on you if there is any Brexit related bad news to keep us posted.

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 2:14 pm
waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 2:00 pm

So if a UK passport holder was in say Italy, as they don't hold an EU passport they wouldn't be allowed to cross the border into France?
UK leaving the EU is a factor but the Cypriot situation is more of a factor isn't it?
Like I say give it 6 months a year and I think the situation will change and without us rejoining the EU.
Anyhow I guess the economy is doing ok considering covid? I can rely on you if there is any Brexit related bad news to keep us posted.
Its all about the legal position and freedom of movement including travel. UK citizens do not have a legal right to enter either Italy or France without meeting those country's visa and or other entry requirements. Its as simple as that.

In 6 months, I too hope that i can fly to Larnaca, get a taxi and cross the border. Just like I used to do!.

Yes the UK internal economy, in particular manufacturing is on a roll. Partly as a result of vaccine roll out and the positivity that has brought.
Yes if there is Brexit related bad news why would people not become informed? It is likely on UK news anyway.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 2:29 pm

Its all about the legal position and freedom of movement including travel. UK citizens do not have a legal right to enter either Italy or France without meeting those country's visa and or other entry requirements. Its as simple as that.
Sorry I missed an answer there, if I was holding a UK passport and was in Italy would I be able to enter France? Yes or no?
waz-24-7 wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 2:29 pm

Yes the UK internal economy, in particular manufacturing is on a roll. Partly as a result of vaccine roll out and the positivity that has brought.
Yes if there is Brexit related bad news why would people not become informed? It is likely on UK news anyway.
I rely on you for my trade figures Waz, I'm just concerned that I seem to be getting only half a story. :)

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

1. NO
2. For trade figures google UK GDP 1/4 one 2021.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brazen »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 2:14 pm

As there are no EU internal borders I can’t see how they would be prevented from doing so.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Brazen wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 3:53 pm

As there are no EU internal borders I can’t see how they would be prevented from doing so.
Yes but we are non EU passport holders so apparently every border in EU countries is going to be hell on earth to cross

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Trigger »

Thank you. So the UK, which I would describe as a democracy, restrict and control their borders. People from any country can apply for a tourist visa. At no point is it stated that if you come from a particular country then you cannot apply for a tourist visa. Another point. Should the UK reciprocate this policy and stop ROC citizens from entering the UK? No, I don’t think they should as two wrongs do not make a right in my opinion.

That been said, as mentioned already, we are still awaiting confirmation of this for UK residents. However, we have all heard the stories of 3rd country citizens running into difficulties at southern airports immigration. I think this is wrong. That is my opinion.

On reflection, perhaps comparing them to a dictatorship was a tad extreme, however, in my opinion, what is happening, is wrong.

Moving forward, let’s hope there is some clarification in the near future.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brazen »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 4:37 pm
Brazen wrote:

Yes but we are non EU passport holders so apparently every border in EU countries is going to be hell on earth to cross
Not sure now but over 20 years ago we drove through France to Basel and drove back into France to dine. We also crossed the Rhine into Germany and another time drove to Bruges via France. There were no manned border crossings anywhere. Whether that’s still the case I’m not sure but I thought borders within the Eu had been abolished.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brazen »

(:"() has
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 4:37 pm
Brazen wrote:

Not sure now but over 20 years ago we drove through France to Basel and drove back into France to dine. We also crossed the Rhine into Germany and another time drove to Bruges via France. There were no manned border crossings anywhere. Whether that’s still the case I’m not sure but I thought borders within the Eu had been abolished.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Brazen »

No idea why my posting is in triplicate?

mrsgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by mrsgee »

My last comment here and then I give up, Posh said no more posts about Brexit... fine ok... a couple of my comments disappeared... fine, ok..... but Waz appears to be able to continue, along with some others, to clearly be referring to the implications of Brexit, so is the use of the word Brexit allowed or is it not....... or is it just the use of the wording EU that is the problem.... iyi aksamlar chaps, off to watch some paint dry.... have fun with your squabbles.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

mrsgee wrote:
Mon 01 Mar 2021 5:48 pm
My last comment here and then I give up, Posh said no more posts about Brexit... fine ok... a couple of my comments disappeared... fine, ok..... but Waz appears to be able to continue, along with some others, to clearly be referring to the implications of Brexit, so is the use of the word Brexit allowed or is it not....... or is it just the use of the wording EU that is the problem.... iyi aksamlar chaps, off to watch some paint dry.... have fun with your squabbles.
Personally I have only deleted one long post which had multiple references to Brexit. You were not the poster.

I have tried to suggest that instead of raising Brexit in every post it would be sensible to wait for some official clarification of changes to arriving in the ROC and crossing to or from the TRNC. Or alternatively we await reports from those that have travelled by this route. I am sure we would certainly find out quickly if travel was restricted.

Return to “POLITICS - Kibkom North Cyprus Forum”