General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hideaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Garden Watering System

•   Message 1 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Hideaway »

I am looking for someone who can repair my current garden watering system as annoyingly one of my dogs has chewed it in several places and rendered it useless. I guess it needs to buried this time round, lol! I also require an additional system to be added to the garden to cover another smaller area. Does anyone know of someone who does this kind of work and charges reasonable prices (ie who will not rip me off!) If you do, I would be most grateful if you could share this information with me. I am currently having to hand water which takes ages as the garden is quite large. Many thanks.

mikelapta
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Garden Watering System

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by mikelapta »

I brought over from UK a Leakypıpe system...just about to bury under my vegetable garden..I have a tank and gravıty feeds the pıpe....have a look at theır web sıte.Mıght be good for you

karmels
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by karmels »

Hideaway.
If it is the black pipe system with screw fittings it is very easy to repair. Buy the pipe from your local d.i.y unscrew the fitting and have a look at witch way the plastic washers are fitted and do like for like. It is very easy to do. To extend buy the fittings at the D I Y and do it yourself.
Before you embark on a journey of revenge, dig two graves. Confucius 551-479 BC

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

I've just realised, that I haven't posted the notes below - I got distracted (I'm easily distracted!) and wandered off, so my comments may be a little 'out of sequence'...never mind, here goes -

In Yapi Markets, the semi-rigid black pipe not only comes in 'Thick-walled, high pressure' or 'thin-walled, low pressure' types, but the thin-walled type is available in 'leaky' and 'non-leaky' options. The 'leaky' option, is of course deliberate, for watering purposes, but is probably more suited to rows of plants, as in a vegetable or Market garden, rather than a decorative display where the plants will be more widely space, and not situated in a straight line.

The thin-walled stuff, with adjustable nozzles positioned as needed gives flexibility combined with more focused watering. Long runs really need to be pumped to maintain flow at the far end (unless you can arrange a gravity feed tank at a great height!).

I sympathise with the dog chewing problem, but the big issue with burying the pipes occurs when it's time for the annual service / overhaul of the watering system, because the pipes and nozzles tend to get bunged up with grit and calcium / limescale deposits, and you really do need to be able to get at 'em.

If you find a solution, let me know - It's vexed me for long enough...

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

I wish there was a quick fix, but every year you have more and more work, replacing' cleaning repairing , not to mention moving the pipes when we get the rotavator out!! Then I'm not sure if the pipes are in the same place ......

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

I use 25mm black pipe and drill holes 4mm where water is needed and put a cut piece of rooftile on top. I find this does not block like the leaky pipe does.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

petronemma
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by petronemma »

HIdeaway I have sent you a PM

Hideaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Hideaway »

Thank you everyone for your extremely detailed and very useful information. I have taken peoples' comments on board and will try to act accordingly.You have all been so very helpful.

LizA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by LizA »

can anyone recommend a person or company that can set up a good garden irrigation system for me from my well? The water has been turned off in Esentepe all day today and yesterday it was barely a trickle. Many people will sadly lose all the hard work and money they have spent on their gardens if this continues sadly. I thought we were assured we now had constant water from Turkey?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”