General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gemini39
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Arriving to live in TRNC

•   Message 1 of 26 in Discussion

Post by gemini39 »

Can anyone who has just done this, from UK , did they have to submit an ACRO Police Certificate App. Used to be £10 now£35

Anyone got any help in this matter?

gemini39
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Arriving to live in TRNC

•   Message 2 of 26 in Discussion

Post by gemini39 »

Anyone there. ?

Is this a necessary document to be presented to TRNC ?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Can anyone help Gemni39 ???
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

Maybe you should change the title of the thread so people are more aware of what you want to know. Sorry I cannot help, but I am sure there is someone who does, but re-word the title, I would suggest. sorry I don'gt know the answer.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

zarafet
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 26 in Discussion

Post by zarafet »

We certainly needed a Police check report that covered the previous 5 years. It cost £10, but that was 3 years ago. I can't imagine they have changed the rules for this. From memory we got the form on line, as our local police station didn't know anything about it. I think most countries require this before you can live there.

gemini39
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 26 in Discussion

Post by gemini39 »

Thanks Zarafat .Yes they have upped the cost to £35 normal post, or £70 2 day post return

teatime
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 26 in Discussion

Post by teatime »

I certainly didn't need one of these forms 2 years ago.

andrew4232
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 26 in Discussion

Post by andrew4232 »

i think its getting a bit misleading here, you need the police check form if your buying property
Karaman, its not all wax jackets and green wellies anymore

Sandford
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Sandford »

Andrew is correct in that the TRNC authorities require the certificate from the UK Police as part of the checks involved in the Permission To Purchase (PTP) process over here. It is nothing whatsoever to do with entry visas or similar. It is, obviously, easier to obtain before departure, but only necessary if you are in the process of purchasing a property here. Hope this assists.

gemini39
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 26 in Discussion

Post by gemini39 »

Thanks Sandford for the info.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

•   Message 11 of 26 in Discussion

Post by PoshinDevon »

Confirm disclosure form required for the PTP process when looking to purchase property - to do basic checks to show you are not dodgy.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

dodger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 26 in Discussion

Post by dodger »

This particular form is only needed when you are buying property.

Paul.

fincho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 26 in Discussion

Post by fincho »

If you are moving from the South side to TRNC and you have a vehicle registered in the South how long can you drive the vehicle in the TRNC before you have re-register it.Thanks.

Witchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Witchy »

I moved a year ago and did have to get a police criminal record check, which I think I got from Scottish Disclosure and it did cost me about £30.00

Philoz
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Philoz »

I concur with previous posters that you need a police check from UK if you are buying here.
I got mine off the Scottish website(despite living in England) as I could do the whole thing online.
Cost £35 two years ago and very efficient service.

butterfly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 26 in Discussion

Post by butterfly »

Not sure, but if starting a business in your name?

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 26 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

We signed for a leasehold property in Karmi in June this year and we both had to supply a Police report at a cost of £45.00 each.

The link is : http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspx

It takes about five working days to come back, but if you need it sooner its £70.00.

Hippocampus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Hippocampus »

Presumeably Gary Robb had no problem getting his?

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

It does not have to cost the amounts being quoted.......I paid £10 in 1997 for the Police check for a business and it was accepted. Mine was issued by Ipswich Constabulary as I was living in Lowestoft at the time.

“I need a police check for immigration/emigration purposes, what do I have to do?”

There is a scheme for anyone requiring a visa (residential, working or tourist) or wishing to emigrate to one of the 5 following Countries:
AUSTRALIA; CANADA; NEW ZEALAND; SOUTH AFRICA; UNITED STATES OF AMERICA.
If this affects you (if not ignore the rest of this paragraph), you will require a a new form called a Police Certificate. Guidance notes and an application form can be obtained from the following web address: http://www.acro.police.uk/police_certificates.aspxLink to an external website or you can contact the ACPO Criminal Records Office (ACRO) either by email or on 0845 60 13 999 during our office opening hours (8:30-16:30) Monday to Friday. This pilot programme has been accepted by the Embassies concerned.
For other countries - the police can make checks of what is held on their computer systems about individuals and it is known as a subject access request. This is not a criminal records check. The police check will either provide a certificate stating that there is currently no information held about you on the police computer systems or it will provide a list of convictions.
There are three possible ways of obtaining the form. You can write/telephone the force involved and they will post one out to you, if you are outside the UK you can ask a friend or relative to collect one from the local police station in the force area concerned or some forces may have the form on their website that you can download.
By law these checks have to be done in a maximum of 40 days. The cost of one of these types of checks is £10.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

The fee needs to be paid in sterling so if you do not have a United Kingdom bank account you would need to ask a friend or relative to pay the fee for you. They would need to send in a cheque with your details to the relevant police force so that the form and the fee can be matched. If you do not have a relative or friend in the UK then you can ask your local bank about an International Money Order (there will probably be a fee) but do not send cash.
You must complete the form yourself as it is your data (unless a child). In order to complete the form you need to provide two forms of identification, one with your name and date of birth and preferably a photograph (passport or driving licence) and the other with your current address or the address you lived at whilst in the UK (a recent utility bill or bank statement). Photocopies are accepted by some forces but not all (check prior to sending) and they must be of a good quality. If there is any suspicion of forgery then the check will not be carried out and the form will be posted back to you.
The form can be sent to your address abroad and it does not cost extra. It is advisable but not obligatory to send the form to the police force whose area you resided in in the UK.
The results are sent out on tamper proof paper and cannot be fast tracked, so apply in plenty of time.
The name of the form and procedure may vary slightly from force to force.
If you still have questions about getting the application submitted, contact the Data Protection Officer at the Force in whose area you presently/last lived for further advice.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

jllvehdist
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 26 in Discussion

Post by jllvehdist »

Re: Delocrat Police report costing such a small amount. I think things have changed in 16 years.

You can no longer get a Police report from your local Police force. Everything was centralised some years ago and everything is done by ACRO and I can assure you as I mentioned before the only way to get hold of one is from them.

The cost is as I said before £45.00.

I'm sure somewhere out there someone will tell me I'm wrong but I went down this road less than 6 months ago.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 26 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

The info was taken from Ipswich Constabulary on their Website yesterday, so I don't think the info I posted was left on their website for 16 years. You are talking "local Police Force" I think you are meant to go to your main Police Force and not the local. As I said I lived in Lowestoft Suffolk at the time and my local Police Force was Halesworth but I had to go to Ipswich for the Police report.

It does say on the info about ACRO but there is the alternative as well, but as you say maybe its no so.

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 26 in Discussion

Post by belle »

Jeez you lot dont arf complicate things:

IF YOU ARE BUYING A PROPERTY THEN YOU NEED PERMISSION TO PURCHASE, THIS IS THE POLICE CHECK WHICH CAN TAKE A COUPLE OF YEARS OR LONGER, YOUR SOLICITOR WILL DO THIS FOR YOU, IT WILL NOT STOP YOU PURCHASING BEFOREHAND. IF YOU HAVE A KNOWN POLICE RECORD THAT INCLUDES ANYTHING SERIOUS YOU WILL NOT GET PERMISSION TO PURCHASE.

Having said that, there are more crooks in the TRNC than in the Costa Del Crime

cyprusishome
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 26 in Discussion

Post by cyprusishome »

belle, you are awful, but I like you!!! lol

mickew
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 26 in Discussion

Post by mickew »

We applied for our police check just over 12months ago from Cheshire Constabulary and they cost £10 each.

belle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 26 in Discussion

Post by belle »

CIS, well sometimes you just gotta tell it like it is

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”