Surprised noone has mentioned the date ..

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

harita
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Surprised noone has mentioned the date ..

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by harita »

Can you believe 11 years have passed since 9/11 ..

JBA
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Surprised noone has mentioned the date ..

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by JBA »

My TV system has National Geographic from Sky, Nova and HBO - all with different schedules. 9/11 has totally dominated all 3 channels since Saturday so it's impossible to miss.

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

wow. I had forgotten and have not been watching TV. We were in Singapore when it happened and it was like an April 1st day joke as we were handed papers on the underground with pictures of airplanes in buildings. But on coming to terra firma, there were people with banners supporting America. Weird. Unb elievable, but when we realised it was real, it hit the pit of the stomach with great force. But, I can hardly believe it was 11 years ago.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

kbasat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by kbasat »

I was at the WTC 2 months prior to the incident, went there too late to go up to the rooftop. When we decided to try it again 'the next time', I never thought I would never have the chance again.

I was in Pennsylvania on 9/11, 1 hour from where the 4th plane had crashed. It was quite interesting to learn from my parents in cyprus as they had access to the footage of planes hitting WTC before we got to watch it on the TV in US. Everything was censored by all TV channels and only vague information was being given about a plane crashing into WTC for the whole day...

K.
( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°) Haters will see you walk on water and say it’s because you can’t swim. ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
-----
https://www.facebook.com/taskentdogaparki/

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

We were by the pool in a hotel in Tunisia. I went up to the room only to find we had gone out and left the TV on and I thought I was looking at a "distaster" type movie. It was at least 10 minutes before I realised. I rushed back to the pool and the silence was palpable. The hotel staff were then told not to pester or talk to guests unless spoken to. The next day I went with friends around the Souk in Tunis. Not a good idea at all!! Almost in the centre of the Souk, where the streets are barely 5ft wide I was approached by a shop owner, who stood in front of me, rubbed his hands to gether and said "yesterday was a magnificent day was it not Madam". For a moment there I was paralysed with fright because I'd lost sight of my friends by then. Not very pleasant.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”