General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

air con problem

•   Message 1 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I have an inverter bought this year January hardly used.It suddenly stopped delivering cold air called the man I bought it from it took him 5 days to arrive. Needs gas he said. So soon I said oh well factories sometimes dont fill them up. Gas was put in it was cool so of he went. After half an hour not cold again. I called him oh he said I will come back. He didnt. Any one have a reliable person to sort it out? I dont mind paying I am desperate to get it fixed. Its soooo hot I feel ill.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: air con problem

•   Message 2 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

There is obviously a leak.... they are sealed units and should never need re-gassing unless the gas has leaked or been released during installation/repair.

Call Temel

Meanwhile, get some old drinks bottles (Fizzy drink types) and fill with salt water and freeze.... then arrange in a neat triangle and put in front of an ordinary fan - for a homemade air-con unit...

Muad_dib
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Muad_dib »

Perhaps you should name this person that you bought from to stop others getting caught

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

Try Velhi he has been brilliant whenever we have needed him his number is 05428536482

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

I think I'll stick with Arcelik when replacing my aircon units. At least they provide good after sales service on anything they sell in my experience.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

There is a leak not found by the installer on Monday Vehli is trying to sort it out. I was sold the unit as an inverter but he says it is not. I wont name and shame as I received a threatening phone call from the installer yesterday as a turkish friend called him twice to ask when he was going to come and sort it out and he got very abusive. So I fear repurcussions if I name him.

Panchocat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Panchocat »

That is awful. Hope you are ok. He must be a real crook to falsely sell you something. Trading standards might be interested in him but I can understand your worries if you feel intimidated by his phone calls.
I hope Velhi can help you out. Phone if you want anything.x

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Thank you Vehli is trying to come back with the compressor today or tomorrow

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Finally repaired and working today. Such a relief to feel cool again. Thank you to Vehli.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Hope you have reported the threats to the police?

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

I have no proof the phone call was not recorded. As I live alone I dont think I should make it worse. I have blocked his number on my phone and can see that he hasnt tried to call anymore.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

I asked veli to come and clean my inverter and he said it was difficult and never turned and he put it in

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

PM me and I'll sort the b*stard out.

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Hector wrote:
Tue 25 Jul 2017 5:24 pm
I think I'll stick with Arcelik when replacing my aircon units. At least they provide good after sales service on anything they sell in my experience.

I have always been a Beko (Levent) fan for after sales service. They were brilliant but recently they have become shocking. Took about 5 weeks to fix my dishwasher including taking it away twice, promised back on a Thursday, then Friday, arrived the following Tuesday. Most recently they cam last Monday, took it away, three days they said still waiting. Also still waiting for promised call backs from the customer complaint team. Went into the shop Monday, as I wanted to explain why I will not buy Beko again, the English speaking was not there but I was told she would be in at 1. I left my number.......no call.

Now bought a new TV and AC unit from Halos. Vote with your feet.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Groucho wrote:
Tue 25 Jul 2017 5:30 am
There is obviously a leak.... they are sealed units and should never need re-gassing unless the gas has leaked or been released during installation/repair.

Call Temel

Meanwhile, get some old drinks bottles (Fizzy drink types) and fill with salt water and freeze.... then arrange in a neat triangle and put in front of an ordinary fan - for a homemade air-con unit...

Curious but why salt water? I understand it will solidify at a lower temperature but Ice at -12 is the same whether there is salt or not?
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Jonnie wrote:
Wed 12 Aug 2020 5:44 am
Groucho wrote:
Tue 25 Jul 2017 5:30 am

Call Temel

Curious but why salt water? I understand it will solidify at a lower temperature but Ice at -12 is the same whether there is salt or not?
As salt water freezes at a lower temp, theoretically it defrosts less quickly thus providing a longer cooling effect.

BTW, we have discovered that setting inverter units to cool on the dehumidifier setting seems to reduce electric consumption by 50%...

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

I am almost certain, that last year maybe longer there was a very similar post on here reporting that a person had bought inverter air-con which had gone wrong not long after buying it. When checked by someone else it was found to be not an inverter.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 19 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

Just realised this is the post I was on about from 2017! Been resurrected. How time flys my last year turns into 3+ years.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 19 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Hi mr chinnery, its terrifying how time flys, August now and it will be Ch******s before we know it!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”