General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Revolut card which mobile?

•   Message 1 of 15 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Just looking into signing up for a card etc. but not sure which phone is better to have the App on, Turkish or UK mobile? Would be most grateful if someone could advise. My funds will be from UK.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Revolut card which mobile?

•   Message 2 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

Don’t think it will make any difference, your just accessing the app.

Yes and no
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Yes and no »

judyvin wrote:Just looking into signing up for a card etc. but not sure which phone is better to have the App on, Turkish or UK mobile? Would be most grateful if someone could advise. My funds will be from UK.
I use this card everywhere I go, and it’s great. I’ve got the app on my iPad and iPhone,the app supports facial id so signing in is easy,for what it’s worth the devices were purchased in uk.

mickhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 15 in Discussion

Post by mickhm »

I tried to sign up for it got as far as putting my Turkish phone number in and it said it was not available in my area only in the EU region
As I got older I congratulated myself on my tolerance..... Now I realise I just don't give a "ooops"

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

mickhm wrote:I tried to sign up for it got as far as putting my Turkish phone number in and it said it was not available in my area only in the EU region
That is very strange. Are you on Telsim or Turkcell ? I signed up using my Telsim mobile number (+90 548 xxx xx xx) and this is the only number in my revolut profile and had no issues at all, either signing up or receiving sms codes. My address is 'cyprus' as the country. Could this be a turkcell / telsim thing maybe ?

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 15 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

I've just tried to download the app on my Turkcell number and I am getting the message "not available in your area, outside the EU"
If I download it to a UK phone will I be able to transfer it to my local one?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 7 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

judyvin wrote:I've just tried to download the app on my Turkcell number and I am getting the message "not available in your area, outside the EU"
If I download it to a UK phone will I be able to transfer it to my local one?
I downloaded it to my 'phone which has a Turkcell SIM - it works fine!

I gave my address as UK - the address where my UK bank account is based, and also my UK mobile number - not the number of the 'phone on which the app is installed

It all works fine!

I think that as long as the bank account is a UK one, you give them an address to match the bank account, and they've got a UK mobile number to which they can send texts, they're happy...

IPMAN
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 15 in Discussion

Post by IPMAN »

Not sure the UK bank is a necessity to be honest - my wife has a Revolut not linked to any bank account and its on her Turkcell Phone - did use a UK address though - works fine.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 15 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

I have just successfully installed Revolut on my local phone however I had to give a UK mobile number first!

blueparrot
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 15 in Discussion

Post by blueparrot »

I've looked at the Revolut website, but cannot find the answer to this question: After you have received your card, can you add other mobile numbers (in other countries) to your account, so you can receive texts from Revolut wherever you are?

Similar to others, I have found that Revolut will not accept my Turkcell number when I try to apply. They ask for an EU number, so I will have to apply using my UK number. But I'd like to be sure that, once I have an account with Revolut, I can add my TRNC mobile and perhaps others, and tell Revolut which mobile I want them to use whenever I go to different countries. Does anyone know if this will work?

Thanks.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 11 of 15 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

They don't seem to send you texts, as far as I have experienced - everything runs via the App on your 'phone, so as long as you have internet access you can top up your account and receive notifications etc.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

Re the notifications thing - as Keith said.

Re the app not accepting turkish numbers , maybe something has changed since I signed up but in the 'profile' section of my revolut account using the app, my address is - [my address here] but with country of 'Cyprus'. My phone number is a +90 548 number.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

To set up the app I had to provide a number they could send a code to, I tried last year with Turkcell mobile and it wouldn't work but managed to get it working in January with same number so they've obviously changed something.

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 14 of 15 in Discussion

Post by erol »

come_on_aylin wrote:To set up the app I had to provide a number they could send a code to, I tried last year with Turkcell mobile and it wouldn't work but managed to get it working in January with same number so they've obviously changed something.
Usually such 'codes' not working can be down to two reasons - the entity sending the code does not 'allow' such a code to be sent to a given country (in which case it almost always is the case that they also just do not allow you to enter such a number in the first place). The other reason is the entity sending the code has no problem sending to a Turkish number, does send it to a Turkish number but it does not arrive at that number because of 'problems' between the various mobile operators that it is sent from and to.

I suspect that there is / has been / will be some confusion between these two different things ?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 15 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

To be honest I can't remember whether it was the app not accepting the turkcell number or the code not getting through but it worked fine in January on 2 different turkcell numbers, so it can be done.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”