General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

The Thursday Clap!

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

My daughter, a Nurse in OK, wants it stopped and won't take part in it again. Why...……….. because of the UK nationwide hypocrisy. People stand outside, showing what loving caring people they are and the next day are out and about ignoring social distancing and ignoring masks " they make me look silly" on beaches, in parks, etc. Idiots taking boats out against warnings. (I've been a member and supporter of the RNLI all my adult life and know just what they feel , but don't say, about morons) What upsets her even more is that new rules and regs will rely according to the Government "on peoples decency and common sense and social respect for their health and that of others" Tell that to the people interviewed over the bank holiday "80per cent of my salary being paid for me to lay around on the beach getting a tan" was one answer and there were others. I suspect that some of the interviewers would have like to have slapped them round the head with their microphones.

I know most people (I hope) are doing "the right thing" but it seems that thousands now thousands more with the new regs will not and are laughing all the way to the bank. The UK are handing out more money than any other country I can find but are still the "sick man of Europe" and its becoming more and more obvious why. Rant over for the time being.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: The Thursday Clap!

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

What you mean some are taking advantage of the system and don't care about their fellow citizens?
I can't say that has come as a huge shock to me tbh.

Can we have a clap for Dominic Cummings instead? :)

finchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by finchy »

You forgot to mention Neil Ferguson, the man Hugely responsible for this overreaction lockdown in the first place.

People only got out clapping these days to check up on who’s not clapping

finchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by finchy »

(:())

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

finchy wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:06 pm
You forgot to mention Neil Ferguson, the man Hugely responsible for this overreaction lockdown in the first place.

People only got out clapping these days to check up on who’s not clapping
I do particularly enjoy Corbyn's flamboyant 'am I the only man who really cares' clap which he ensures is filmed and tweeted. TBF it might not be an aide filming maybe one of his neighbours put down their quinoa salad and filmed. Not sure who did the make up though

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Finchy, Neil Fergusons name has come up, certainly from myself. The same "expert" who predicted thousands would die of BSE and around 200 did, together with millions of cows destroyed and buried in lime pits and the ruination of many farmers and suicides of others. Is that the gentleman to whom you refer?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sophie wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 2:56 pm
Finchy, Neil Fergusons name has come up, certainly from myself. The same "expert" who predicted thousands would die of BSE and around 200 did, together with millions of cows destroyed and buried in lime pits and the ruination of many farmers and suicides of others. Is that the gentleman to whom you refer?
Yep think that's the man.

He said between 50 and 50,000 would likely die so he gave himself a fair bit of scope. Although it could go as high as 150,000 if there was a sheep epedemic as well. It was actually a bit less than 200, 177 to be exact. Oh and six million cattle, sheep and pigs, with a cost to the UK economy of £10 billion.

Don't forget 200 million could die with Bird Flu, 282 people died.

His ‘reasonable worst-case scenario’ was that swine flu would kill 65,000 in the UK, 457 people died.

As a rule of thumb I'd do the exact opposite of what he said but I'm not one of the experts called in to advise the government.
What would have been interesting is if he hadn't decided that he fancied a bit of a leg over would he have had survived his latest catastrophic prediction and so been available to guide the government in the future?

Neonman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Neonman »

Sophie so your daughter doesn’t like the clap what about the 1000s of doctors and nurses cleaners and other workers that have and still do appreciate the applause so I’m thinking we’re going to keep it going unless we get a few more complaints

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Far more than Sophie's daughter are unhappy about it now for the same reasons.

https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/05/28/l ... it-should/

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sophie, I'm with your daughter on this, I think that it is unlikely that 'druggies' and 'pushers' and philanderers will display " decency and common sense and social respect for their health and that of others" - compliance should be required by Law if the contact tracing is to work.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Keithcaley wrote:
Thu 28 May 2020 4:21 pm
Sophie, I'm with your daughter on this, I think that it is unlikely that 'druggies' and 'pushers' and philanderers will display " decency and common sense and social respect for their health and that of others" - compliance should be required by Law if the contact tracing is to work.
The druggies and pushers are put up in posh hotels and don’t want to go out, not sure about the philanderers (:())
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sleazy hotels?

I'm fairly sure that they would be equally reluctant to disclose their contacts :)

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

Does 'the clap' (didn't that used to have a different meaning?) not demonstrate that the vast majority of the population are showing support, not just for the NHS I'd suggest, but that they also want to show however small that they are doing their bit towards stopping the spread of the virus? Does it not demonstrate to those few (and they are only a few in the overall population) who flout the lockdown?

Now if you really want to get me going, just talk about the amount of UK citizens money that is being given to fraudsters (and not just the professional or other nations ones) because of the lax online claiming system.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Deniz1 »

Look at the press the other day outside Cummings house all pushing and shoving each other no masks and no distancing,hypocrits.

finchy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by finchy »

The mask suppresses the immune system, it's ridiculous to expect to combine this with social distancing, it doesn't make sense at all. At any worldwide government briefings the scum media wear them just for the cameras, then straight off.

Some people here wear them when driving, as if the roads weren't bad enough as it is.

Sophie - Going back to Neil Ferguson and Imperial College London, we have got to appreciate that Imperial College is heavily funded by the Bill and Mel foundation. Just about anything that has any remote association with the current situation has a Bill and Mel link. In generating the model ICL only have a margin of error to one side, ie: if they would have predicted 20,000 deaths in the UK and we are where we are now then the model fails. As it stands with the prediction of 500,000 deaths in the UK and 2,000,000 deaths in the UK then it's considered a pass.

The software results (from the mathematical model) is only as good as the data that you input, again the data is an unknown so difficult to sit back to assess if you have made an error on not. They didn't and instead it has created a huge worldwide over reaction and the consequences of this will by far worse than the virus itself, we haven't even touched the surface of what's to come and the people responsible need to be made accountable.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

chriswright03, I read the Aol piece and appropriate comments and I believe it is exactly how she feels. Better now to silently remember the hundreds and hundreds of dead medical and support staff, bus drivers, council workers, care workers and many, many others. I have pictures of her in full protective gear, she then comes face to face with people in her road taking no care whatsoever and yet on a Thursday, they turn towards my daughter. In the days when supermarket shopping was difficult, she recognized people passing themselves off as "medical staff" in order to get into the supermarket early. She herself has desperately wanted to drive the 26 miles from where she lives to where one of my grandsons (23) who is having problems, but she didn't go and when they finally came face to face she desperately wanted to give him a hug, but didn't because she cares deeply. At the same time in the park, there were hundreds totally ignoring social distancing and I bet these were the people who on a Thursday evening were out clapping like hell and banging the drum. Its the hypocrisy she has had enough with.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sophie wrote:
Fri 29 May 2020 8:03 am

In the days when supermarket shopping was difficult, she recognized people passing themselves off as "medical staff" in order to get into the supermarket early.
There are a lot of scum in the UK mainly because some aren't doing their job properly and have traded respect for popularity. The Thursday clap is from the majority of decent people who appreciate and respect those who do their underpaid job at dangerous times excellently and compassionately

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”