General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Rental Tax

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Just wondering if anyone can advise if we can now pay this online, and is there any help time wise if no rent has been received due to virus until things get back to normal
TIA

faro
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Rental Tax

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by faro »

Only the landlord can pay rental tax on line, not the tenants. Asked about this today.

B.

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Thank you for your reply

SATRANÇ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by SATRANÇ »

As mentioned above, does anyone have the website address for paying the LANDLORD rental tax online please?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

It was stated on another thread that you need to register first at the Tax Office before you can use the online system.

Presumably, when you register, they will be able to give you the website details.

SATRANÇ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by SATRANÇ »

Yes I saw that thread and I registered a couple of years ago but no details given then or since unfortunately so just wondeting if anyone has the details to save a trip? Thanks

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

My friend has received no rent for her property for 3 months now, she is wondering if it is best to just pay rental tax anyway
as it is mounting up, she has done all she can to help tenants etc., bills and food and in no rush so they can pay when they can but does not wish to get behind either or pay and then Dept gives a concession!
Could anyone advise us thank you know its a bit of a long shot !
C

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Charlotte55 wrote:
Thu 04 Jun 2020 3:46 pm
My friend has received no rent for her property for 3 months now, she is wondering if it is best to just pay rental tax anyway
as it is mounting up, she has done all she can to help tenants etc., bills and food and in no rush so they can pay when they can but does not wish to get behind either or pay and then Dept gives a concession!
Could anyone advise us thank you know its a bit of a long shot !
C
When a tenant did not pay it helped with the legal case that I had continued to pay but under the date when payment made I wrote rent not received. Yesterday I put covid 19 no rent received on another property Over the last 3 months but did receive a 15% discount

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

If no rent is received then the tax is not payable but you should notify the tax office to this effect with a document signed by Landlord & Tenant, take 2 copies they will stamp one for you to keep.

AzantServices
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by AzantServices »

Just an observation.

During the lockdown it was agreed that the rent could be deferred on the understanding that over a 6 month period, the rent arrears would be paid, therfore tax is liable to be paid.

Charlotte55
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Charlotte55 »

Thank you so much all for your replies very helpful
I will let you know how we get on
Charlotte

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

ozankoys wrote:
Fri 05 Jun 2020 4:24 am
If no rent is received then the tax is not payable but you should notify the tax office to this effect with a document signed by Landlord & Tenant, take 2 copies they will stamp one for you to keep.
My first statement - the tenant stopped paying the rent but always promised they would after they moved out, the second the house sale was going through yesterday therefore I needed up to date paperwork, obviously with covid 19 payments can be deferred and the tenant would willingly sign

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”