General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Trouble with "tracking" mail

•   Message 1 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Has anyone had any trouble. I posted an important letter in Karaoglanoglu PO on 3rd July, handed over correct amount and was handed a tiny receipt with reference letters and numbers on. Have checked today and TRNC tracking says the letter is still in Girne.

Hammerhead
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Trouble with "tracking" mail

•   Message 2 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Hammerhead »

Surprise surprise

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I wasn't expecting any miracles, but even I thought the envelope wold have gone more than 8miles from 3rd to 31st July. What concerns me more Is the Karaoglanoglu PO is officially Girne 1 and the envelope might still be sitting in K. As today is Kurban Bayram, I'm going to have to wait until next Monday.

Asia111

•   Message 4 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Mail sent mid May and early June to UK still not delivered. Wouldn’t surprise me if it is still in Cyprus.
The above mail wasn’t tracked as I have used tracked service 3 years ago and wasn’t impressed with that service either

sausage and pash
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sausage and pash »

I used the Karaoğlanoğlu post office to send track and trace mail as Gorne post office said they do not do that service after 8 weeks it still said the mail was in Istanbul
I went into kara post office and got man to check on his system. It had been delivered i asked him to print off the delivery slip. I had the same problem in UK with Fed-Ex for some reason you can only view up to a certain point. The office checked and documents had been delivered.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Used track and trace at Girne 18 days ago shoebox sized package to Spain.

Arrived safely today.

Cost 89TL.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

The main reason for wanting to use the TRNC tracking system is its the only thing I can do to prove to the UK authorities that I'm not ignoring their requests for information and at least am trying to co-operate with them. On two previous occasions this year using normal post, the information has not been received in UK. At least if I can show it's got to UK, it might stop them pestering me!

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Sophie, have you considered asking them whether you could fax documents to them?

Or possibly scan and email? - Even if they don't have an email facility, you could possibly email a contact in the UK, who could print it out and post it...

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Had the same problem with letting the pensions people know I was still alive last year, ended up phoning them and sending emails with document attached. 8 weeks later I got the same request again, phoned again, they confirmed they had my email but still wanted the document posted to them! Copied the document five times, sent it once a week for five weeks - each time I sent it I added a request for confirmation of receipt! Got a phone call from them asking why I needed confirmation of receipt and told them that anybody could be phoning me and saying they were the pensions people and I needed to check, the same as they do! They said they have put a note on my file for next time and I said I would phone them as soon as I died to keep everything straight - we had a good laugh and they do understand the problems we have with mail!

I do hope so as my wife has to claim her State Pension this month and of course they need “Actual” documents sending to them by post - anybody going back to UK after the 19th of August who will take an envelope back and post it in the UK, please contact me!!!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 10 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Waddo, my pension provider always says that 'next time' they will email me, but invariably send something through the post with a demand for me to respond by a certain date - and that date has always passed by the time that I receive it :)

I just email the thing back to them, I've run out of steam to debate it with them any more...

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Keith, That I can do for myself because it's only to prove I am still alive - BUT - for the wife it's different, they want marriage and birth certificates - originals of course - to prove that she is who she say's she is or she won't get her State Pension (a year later than she should have anyway) at all. Thinking of posting it from a Lefcosia post office, at least it will have got half way to Ercan then unless I can find someone who is off to UK. Can't send it before the 19th as the Police want to see them first for the 6 month residency!

jimm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 35 in Discussion

Post by jimm »

I would go safe and use DHL, more expensive but secure

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Trouble with that jimm is that I've handed the envelope over to TRNC tracking postal service. Have used them twice before and although slower than I would have expected, the system did actually work and I could track it from Karaoglanoglu right through to Edinburgh and a signature at that end. This time its still saying Karaoglanoglu even though handed over to them on 3rd July!!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Sophie, Did you send your letter via DHL as well and it is still in Karaoglanoglu? DHL have their own tracking website I believe, is that the one you are using?

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

No Waddo, as I've explained I sent it registered/tracked TRNC post which I have used twice before and its been a bit slow, but accurate and I was able to track the envelope right up to delivery to address in UK. In this case it would appear the envelope is still in Karaoglanoglu. I'll be in the office as soon as they open after Bayram.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

...I'll be in the office as soon as they open after Bayram.
Gawd 'elp 'em! :)

trueblue
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 35 in Discussion

Post by trueblue »

Try tracking with the Turkey Post Tracking System, link as follows:
https://track24.net/service/trpost/tracking/

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Thanks Sophie, I was just covering all the questions. The TRNC track and Trace appears to work the same way as Royal Mail TrAck and Trace only in reverse. With Royal Mail you can follow it as far as Istanbul, then it vanishes into the TRNC Track and Trace system! The post office (TRNC) can then track it on their system from office to office but you can’t - well, not since the new computerised system was installed at Mersin. I wonder if it is now the same going out of the country so it is the post office that can track things but we can’t? Best go to the post office and ask them as you say!

I do know that the Girne post office has loads of mail awaiting sorting, the Catalkoy post master is there working nearly every day now to try to help out. Somewhere in the pile is my new debit card, I hope, it was sent on the 8th of last month so maybe I will get it this month - lol.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thanks trueblue. I'll have a go this afternoon.

smartiepants
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 35 in Discussion

Post by smartiepants »

Ive been waiting now since may for my new debit card contacted bank in uk sent anotheoneout 1 July still waiting for both . then ordered a revolut card which was registered posted 22 June DHL. track n trace has it going from Poland to Germany , German Istanbul, Istanbul then nothing dont know where it is now, so who know hope will be in post this week. I think the catalkoy post office sick of seeing me , he keeps saying problems with ship etc but, woudnt it come in by air now the flights are up and running

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Last parcel from Royal Mail (Track and Trace), posted on 23rd June from UK, tracked to Istanbul (agent) on 25th June. 3rd July parcel now in Lefcosia. 6th July Parcel now at Girne P.O. Talked to Catalkoy Postmaster and went to Girne and collected it from there. So it took 9 days to get from Istanbul to Lefcosia - I have no idea where it went in those 9 days but it got here in the end and very grateful I was as it had my replacement Apple computer in it along with lots of other bits of vital importance! Judging by the size of the mail needing sorting in Girne P.O. it is very possible that your Debit Card - being just an envelope anyway - is in one of the many sacks of mail on the floor there. I would think that mine is amongst it as well and I should see it sometime around Christmas, what year I have no idea - lol.

You have to laugh at it because the other way is simply madness!!!!

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

I believe Turkey to TRNC is by one flight per week on Thursday nights only by TA. So that might explain the nine days!

smartiepants
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 35 in Discussion

Post by smartiepants »

Ill see if anything comes this week,when are they open this week Wednesday? . Fingers crossed.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thing is, my "tracking" is tother way, TRNC to UK and timings might be totally different but it will still be interesting to see how you get on.

Asia111

•   Message 25 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

My mail sent from TRNC to UK mid May has just arrive!

Was told mail would take 3-4 weeks. Took 3 months!

Better late than never!.......... nice to know it eventually got to its final destination and not lost.

Won’t be posting anything else this year unless essential...... and even then will be hoping a friend returning to UK will help out!
Last edited by Asia111 on Wed 05 Aug 2020 3:49 pm, edited 2 times in total.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Wey Hey, my registered/tracked envelope has arrived in Turkey!!! Posted Karaoglanolgu on 3rd July, left TRNC on 31st July. Now its only Turkey to UK to go.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Went to post box today, found new debit card inside - magic! Was not there on Friday and today was first time bothered to check because of bayram. Card posted from Nationwide on 9th July so not bad really.

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 35 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

waddo wrote:
Sat 01 Aug 2020 8:30 am
Had the same problem with letting the pensions people know I was still alive last year, ended up phoning them and sending emails with document attached. 8 weeks later I got the same request again, phoned again, they confirmed they had my email but still wanted the document posted to them! Copied the document five times, sent it once a week for five weeks - each time I sent it I added a request for confirmation of receipt! Got a phone call from them asking why I needed confirmation of receipt and told them that anybody could be phoning me and saying they were the pensions people and I needed to check, the same as they do! They said they have put a note on my file for next time and I said I would phone them as soon as I died to keep everything straight - we had a good laugh and they do understand the problems we have with mail!

I do hope so as my wife has to claim her State Pension this month and of course they need “Actual” documents sending to them by post - anybody going back to UK after the 19th of August who will take an envelope back and post it in the UK, please contact me!!!
Sent my wife's UK State Pension claim form and supporting documents off by recorded/registered post from Karaoglanoglu Post Office in mid June. It cost 30tl . Tracking was very slow with nothing showing up until early July when it stated it had reached Istanbul and been "directed to Destination Country".
A couple of weeks ago tracking showed it had been delivered to Wolverhampton DWP Office. On Wednesday this week got notification from UK Bank of my wife's first pension payment (backdated) from DWP. Success! ($$) ($$)

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 29 of 35 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

waddo wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020 12:01 pm
Went to post box today, found new debit card inside - magic! Was not there on Friday and today was first time bothered to check because of bayram. Card posted from Nationwide on 9th July so not bad really.
We have a po box in Karsyaka square, but I don't trust anything of importance delivered there as you can open them with a thumb nail.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 30 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

13roman58 wrote:
Sat 08 Aug 2020 12:50 pm
waddo wrote:
Thu 06 Aug 2020 12:01 pm
We have a po box in Karsyaka square, but I don't trust anything of importance delivered there as you can open them with a thumb nail.
It's a good job that everyone is honest, isn't it?

We don't need a Box at the Post Office in Alsancak - if there's anything that the postman can't fit in the letterbox, he leaves it on the wall next to the pavement, and anyone who wanders past can pick it up and have a nosy!

Fortunately my suppliers know to use plain brown unmarked wrapping on my parcels to save any embarrassment ;)

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Catalkoy PO Box's are out in the car park but the postie won't put parcels in them anyway. All the rest of the mail seems to go in there but if I have something special coming I can tell them not to put mail in the PO Box and just give me a ring - they are more than happy to do that for you but as I did not expect the debit card to get here till next month anyway I had not bothered. Can't say I have ever lost anything from my PO Box in Catalkoy. My PO Box in Girne is a different story as my key fits four other boxes and I have no doubt their keys fit an equal number of different ones as well. That and I often find that PO Box has somebody else's mail in it as well as mine so think that mine will be in someone else's boxes as well - yet it all seems to work if you trust the system - lol. Thanks for the info on the State Pensions thing, we will give it a go as not in a rush to get it yet!!

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Jayceebee, Interested, did you get all the documents (Marriage certificate etc) back yet from DWP?

jayceebee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 35 in Discussion

Post by jayceebee »

waddo wrote:
Sun 09 Aug 2020 10:08 am
Jayceebee, Interested, did you get all the documents (Marriage certificate etc) back yet from DWP?
I'll have to check the Karaman Office Post Box tomorrow morning.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 35 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

OK, thank you.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

It works (eventually)!

After not being able to obtain any relevant information from the web site directed, I finally took the receipt back to Karaoglanoglu PO. The bloke was very helpful and went on to a site that we plebs don't go on and in seconds he'd printed out a sheet, showing to the second when envelope was dealt with.

1. Handed in at Karaoglanoglu PO 3rd July
2. Arrived in Girne PO 8th July
3. Left Girne PO for airport 9th July
4. Arrived in Istanbul 18th July
5. Departed for UK 25th July
6. Arrived in UK 27th

There we lose it and have no knowledge that it arrived at its final destination sadly.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”