Just a general enquiry for a friend.

Can an expat own two houses now?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: House purchase

•   Message 2 of 4 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Confirmed by a solicitor here last week, currently 1 villa and up to 3 apartments for foreigners. You can now have a property per person, used to be one per family.

I've heard loads of rumours that the situation is going to change but nothing official yet.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 4 in Discussion

Post by MnM »

As long as only one persons name is on the Kocan yes? For example had i only put my name on our Kocan, Mandy could have got a second property, ie a Villa with her name on the Kocan. However, as i understand, with both our names on the Kocan, if we bought a second property, the Kocan would have to be in the name of a "Holding Company" or similar - yeah right, not doing that!!!

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 4 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

MnM wrote:
Tue 04 Aug 2020 4:21 pm
As long as only one persons name is on the Kocan yes? For example had i only put my name on our Kocan, Mandy could have got a second property, ie a Villa with her name on the Kocan. However, as i understand, with both our names on the Kocan, if we bought a second property, the Kocan would have to be in the name of a "Holding Company" or similar - yeah right, not doing that!!!
Yes, that's what I meant. One name per kocan but it used to be that a non Cypriot husband and wife (and children) could only have one property between them.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”