UK moving to Group B from 15th Aug

General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

UK moving to Group B from 15th Aug

Post by Hedge-fund »

Just been announced on Health Ministry website.

https://saglik.gov.ct.tr/%C3%9CLKELERE- ... R%C4%B0LER

meldy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: UK moving to Group B from 15th Aug

Post by meldy »

U.K. still in Cat C in the list in the link

meldy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by meldy »

Oops, just read further down and seen the announcement about 15 th. apologies hedge-fund. 🤗

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by forestpixie »

This is not yet official so I understand

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Yep - usual caveats but it was good enough for me to put my flight on Sunday back a week!

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Trigger »

What does moving to group b mean? Self isolation instead of hotel quarantine?

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Test before you leave. Test when you land.

Self isolate at home or quarantine at hotel until landing result is known (up to 48 hours but usually next day)

Trigger
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Trigger »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Fri 07 Aug 2020 1:13 pm
Test before you leave. Test when you land.

Self isolate at home or quarantine at hotel until landing result is known (up to 48 hours but usually next day)
Ah good. A step in the right direction then.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Agreed.

However, don't forget that no system is infallible, and we should all behave as though the person next to us in the shop/bar/restaurant is infected...

Wear a mask in Public where possible, avoid confined spaces where possible (risk of infection is much lower in the open air), wash/sanitise hands frequently, do not touch your face - eyes/nose/mouth, avoid kissing and hugging. Keep your distance.

Stay safe!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

Keithcaley wrote:
Fri 07 Aug 2020 1:41 pm
Agreed.

However, don't forget that no system is infallible, and we should all behave as though the person next to us in the shop/bar/restaurant is infected...

Wear a mask in Public where possible, avoid confined spaces where possible (risk of infection is much lower in the open air), wash/sanitise hands frequently, do not touch your face - eyes/nose/mouth, avoid kissing and hugging. Keep your distance.

Stay safe!
:+1:) :+1:) :+1:)
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by frontalman »

Happy days are here again, we'll all be in clover soon. The birds are singing for me and my gal...............

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

'Kin 'Ell - it's Vera bloody Lynn :)

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by MnM »

And that is assuming the infection and death rates in the UK don't continue to rise as they are and end up being downgraded again the day before your flight.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Positive move if it happens.

One thing to remember/think about is that if anyone travelling on the aircraft tests positive on arrival then it is possible that everyone travelling on the same aircraft could be contacted and be placed in quarantine as you will have been in close proximity to the infected person. Covid 19 does not show up immediately. Quarantine could of course be for an extended period, probably in a government designated hotel. Maybe even at your own cost.

We hope it will not happen but if the rules are being applied properly that is what should happen.

It happens in the U.K. where people have been to a pub/restaurant and given their contact details only to be called a few days later when a customer in the pub/restaurant has tested positive and been told they must self isolate.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Peterborough Utd -The Posh

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

MnM wrote:
Fri 07 Aug 2020 3:24 pm
And that is assuming the infection and death rates in the UK don't continue to rise as they are and end up being downgraded again the day before your flight.

Death rates have fallen in the UK.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

They did fall but in many places are rising now. Hence why a number of towns Preston being the latest are going into lock down. After the weekend of sun and fun in the UK I am sure they will be rising again.

Deniz1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Deniz1 »

Southend On Sea had a record number of people on the beaches yesterday not a thought about catching the virus it seems. Who will moan when the numbers go up?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Who will moan when the numbers go up?
Everyone - the ones who've caught it, 'cos they're poorly, and the rest because they'll be back in lockdown :(

I do think that people have got very lax here, they seem to think that it's all over...

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 08 Aug 2020 5:50 am
They did fall but in many places are rising now. Hence why a number of towns Preston being the latest are going into lock down. After the weekend of sun and fun in the UK I am sure they will be rising again.
What's your source on that?

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Sat 08 Aug 2020 11:36 am
Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 08 Aug 2020 5:50 am
What's your source on that?
I heard this on BBC news yesterday.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

That the death rate has gone up?

Positive tests have gone up in northern hotspots (when a spike is seen the local area is flooded with mobile testing units so this is expected)

But the death rate came down rapidly and whilst the rate of decrease has slowed is is still trending down as far as I can see.

Numbers of people in hospital and numbers needing intensive care are down to a handful.

That's why I asked for the source of the info that death rates 'continue to rise' - I genuinely am interested in reading that.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

Infection rate is up in the UK. I think you can safely say that as a result the death rate will rise not fall. Changing of the groups is subject to the infection rate rather than the amount of deaths. So while you are maybe correct in what you say about the 'death' rate I do not have access to figures for that but commons sense should tell us that how many people die in the UK does not affect us here but people who are coming here with a possibility of being infected makes a huge difference.

If more people are being tested positive in the UK the chances f going into 'B' are slimmer. I believe that is what we are discussing here.

MnM
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by MnM »

From the Mirror online this morning;

"A further 15 fatalities were recorded in England's hospitals today while Wales reported one more death.

A week ago, 74 deaths were confirmed in all settings, while a fortnight ago the daily increase was 61.

Yesterday's figure of 98 was the highest number of August so far."

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sun 09 Aug 2020 6:13 am
Infection rate is up in the UK. I think you can safely say that as a result the death rate will rise not fall. Changing of the groups is subject to the infection rate rather than the amount of deaths. So while you are maybe correct in what you say about the 'death' rate I do not have access to figures for that but commons sense should tell us that how many people die in the UK does not affect us here but people who are coming here with a possibility of being infected makes a huge difference.

If more people are being tested positive in the UK the chances f going into 'B' are slimmer. I believe that is what we are discussing here.
Treatments have improved drastically which is why the death rate is declining.

We are testing tens of thousands more each day which is why more cases were found. Despite this - the total infections have started to fall again.

The South will no doubt put the UK into Group A at the beginning of Sept and hopefully the north will follow shortly after.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

As if by magic........I think the press are following kibcom....
20200809_223630.jpg

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thing is though it really isn't relevant how many people die of it in the UK as they will not be coming here on a plane. How many new cases is what matters and those numbers are rising. 1062 new cases yesterday. https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/08/09/b ... vel-since/

It is the rise of people infected who may come here that is going to change any grouping. So talk of how many deaths there are and how better the treatment is now is completely missing the point. As much as it would be great for the island to have some sort of normality so that financially for many it is survivable that should not be at the risk of infection to others. If the risk of people from the UK is now higher as it sounds like it is then really the UK should sty in group C and be subject to quarantine.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by snd1966 »

I watch this post and crossing the border posts with great interest having at present several customers in the south staying in airbnb as they would lose their flights if they had not come but I am sure would be across the border like a shot if they could reach their villas.
Others have booked flights for the 15th into the north and to be fair to them I don't think anyone of them would travel if they thought they had an inkling of falling ill, having covid due to the fact of being hospitalised in a country where english is not their first language, people generally like family around them too if they are ill plus the cost. It would be nice to know why the people who have tested positive have travelled, work, holiday returning home etc??? The rest have stated we are waiting too scary ; of the unknown, lockdown, hospitals, quarantine, have all people had a test etc

whatever cat Britain is in only certain people will take the risk to travel especially now knowing not all people maybe tested before they get on the plane.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 5:50 am
Thing is though it really isn't relevant how many people die of it in the UK as they will not be coming here on a plane. How many new cases is what matters and those numbers are rising. 1062 new cases yesterday. https://www.aol.co.uk/news/2020/08/09/b ... vel-since/

It is the rise of people infected who may come here that is going to change any grouping. So talk of how many deaths there are and how better the treatment is now is completely missing the point. As much as it would be great for the island to have some sort of normality so that financially for many it is survivable that should not be at the risk of infection to others. If the risk of people from the UK is now higher as it sounds like it is then really the UK should sty in group C and be subject to quarantine.
I agree with you and no-one has said anything different.

I only asked for more information concerning comments that the death rate was rising.

Every death is a tragedy and it is a blessing that in the UK very few are dying of this dreadful virus.

Let's hope the positive test numbers fall further this week so we are put in B.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

The health ministry are apparently looking to allow UK arrivals to quarantine for 7 days at home.

Full details later today.

Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Dalartokat »

Not quite following the topic but Jet2 just announced that as from next Monday flights will be resumed to Cyprus from 8 UK airports.
If you ever get tired one day of life, take a rest, lean your back on the stone, not people. Cold but safe...

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 3:48 pm
The health ministry are apparently looking to allow UK arrivals to quarantine for 7 days at home.

Full details later today.

A bit more info here.

Good news for swallows.

http://www.t-vine.com/trnc-government-l ... isolation/

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

This is a bit of positive news but I would still be very wary of travelling.

The problem is that long term the TRNC cannot remain closed forever. Covid 19 will at the present time not be eliminated for a good few years and certainty a vaccine is required before we see real progress. Countries have to learn to live with this virus. There must also be consistency when it comes to allowing citizens from other countries into the TRNC.

The things I would be thinking seriously about before travelling are as follows:-

Those travelling to the TRNC from the U.K need to be clear on what PCR test documentation is acceptable. There have been examples of the NHS test not being acceptable. People have been refused entry and made to return to Turkey or home country. The TRNC authorities need to make very clear what their requirements are and provide examples of what PCR test is acceptable and what information is required on the test paperwork.

Currently the NHS test in the U.K. is not available unless you have Covid 19 symptom or are a key worker. Private tests are available but at over £100 for the test, that is a lot of money for a family and will of course not encourage short term visitors having to had a test and then 7 days in home quarantine. Private PCR tests also are not easily available outside of the major cities.

In addition flights to Ercan seem to be not running to any schedule with many being cancelled. So people will be reluctant to book if they have had a PCR test and flight is then cancelled. This means they may well have wasted a lot of money on a PCR test which is not valid as it is not within the 3-5 day timeframe required. Also if you have a PCR test on arrival and someone on the flight tests positive it is very likely that everyone would be placed in 14 days quarantine in a government hotel because you have been in close proximity to the infected person. This quarantine would likely be at your own cost.

If you think about all the above I would suggest that there is still a element of uncertainty and a risk of being refused entry, wrong test, unable to fly due to cancellation. Some would be happy with the risk but at the moment not for me.

This is a welcome move forward but much more needs to be done before people will feel confident.
Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass,it's about learning to dance in the rain

Murphy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Murphy »

Good post Posh, just the questions I want answered before I book a flight.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Murphy wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:58 pm

Nhs tests are accepted at Ercan.

Nhs want to test as many people as possible in uk. They are actually knocking on doors in some areas. They have 350k availability per day but can only find 150k people per day to test. They are happy to test anyone at anytime - symptoms or not.

If someone on a flight tests positive those sitting within a few rows are asked to self isolate for up to 14 days.

Turkish Airlines are running fine from London to Ercan.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Up the Reds. »

I agree Posh, many of my friends had family booked over the next few weeks but even with catagory change the availability outside major cities (And of course the cost £100 and up to £200) of the test makes it impossible for most. CV is here for the forseeable future and if the economy and particularly those dependent on basic income in tourist related businesses will be in dire problems to put 'food on the table'. Many of us 'pension bubblers' with sterling income bouncing into our bank accounts are naturally concerned about our health, quite rightly, but there has to be a point when the world has be open for business again. Can only hope for a vaccine soon and better treatment for those with the worst symptoms of this awful problem.

guru
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by guru »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:33 pm
This is a bit of positive news but I would still be very wary of travelling.

The problem is that long term the TRNC cannot remain closed forever. Covid 19 will at the present time not be eliminated for a good few years and certainty a vaccine is required before we see real progress. Countries have to learn to live with this virus. There must also be consistency when it comes to allowing citizens from other countries into the TRNC.

The things I would be thinking seriously about before travelling are as follows:-

Those travelling to the TRNC from the U.K need to be clear on what PCR test documentation is acceptable. There have been examples of the NHS test not being acceptable. People have been refused entry and made to return to Turkey or home country. The TRNC authorities need to make very clear what their requirements are and provide examples of what PCR test is acceptable and what information is required on the test paperwork.

Currently the NHS test in the U.K. is not available unless you have Covid 19 symptom or are a key worker. Private tests are available but at over £100 for the test, that is a lot of money for a family and will of course not encourage short term visitors having to had a test and then 7 days in home quarantine. Private PCR tests also are not easily available outside of the major cities.

In addition flights to Ercan seem to be not running to any schedule with many being cancelled. So people will be reluctant to book if they have had a PCR test and flight is then cancelled. This means they may well have wasted a lot of money on a PCR test which is not valid as it is not within the 3-5 day timeframe required. Also if you have a PCR test on arrival and someone on the flight tests positive it is very likely that everyone would be placed in 14 days quarantine in a government hotel because you have been in close proximity to the infected person. This quarantine would likely be at your own cost.

If you think about all the above I would suggest that there is still a element of uncertainty and a risk of being refused entry, wrong test, unable to fly due to cancellation. Some would be happy with the risk but at the moment not for me.

This is a welcome move forward but much more needs to be done before people will feel confident.
Great post PID... food for thought. :+1:)

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Hedgefund...........

A few questions just to help me and possibly others.

1. There have been reports on this forum of the NHS test not being accepted at Ercan or at the very least being queried. Have you evidence that an NHS test is acceptable and also what is the exact paperwork/information the test paperwork must show?

2. I am in the U.K. and I can confirm the official guideline is that NHS tests are not readily available by just booking an appointment. In my area no one has been canvassing for people to come forward for a test. Official guidelines for a test taken from the NHS website are below. Whilst I agree that there appears to be slack in the system and tests should be available for free for all, the official guidelines show this is not yet available. If the free NHS test was easily available I am sure we would have heard and indeed witnessed busy testing stations. I suspect some may try to “blag” a free test when booking on line but as yet the rules are as below.

You can get an NHS PCR test as follows:-

for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
for someone you live with, if they have symptoms
if you live in England and have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
if you live, work or study in these local council areas: Leicester, Luton, Pendle, or Blackburn with Darwen
if your local council has asked you to get a test
This service is for people in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Therefore a private PCR test at a cost in excess of £100 remains the alternative. If your flight is cancelled or rescheduled resulting in your PCR test being outside the required timeframe then this could be a substantial amount of money lost.

If you are unfortunate to be sat next to or close to someone testing positive then it appears you must self isolate for 14 days. How close is close? Also there are examples where this has happened and those on the flight close to the infected person are quarantined in a government hotel. I do not know if they have been requested to make payment.

Turkish Airlines flights (Often using Anadolu Jet a TA company) have been cancelled at short notice. Pegasus flights have also been cancelled/rescheduled. Friends of ours have had this happen to them unfortunately. This resulted in a non valid PCR test as it was outside the required timeframe for travel.

Like many I am keen to travel to the TRNC but there is still a lot of uncertainty and a risk involved. Some would be happy with the risk and others will not.

Hedge-fund wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:49 pm
Murphy wrote:

Nhs want to test as many people as possible in uk. They are actually knocking on doors in some areas. They have 350k availability per day but can only find 150k people per day to test. They are happy to test anyone at anytime - symptoms or not.

If someone on a flight tests positive those sitting within a few rows are asked to self isolate for up to 14 days.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

PoshinDevon wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 10:37 pm
A few questions just to help me and possibly others

1. There have been reports on this forum of the NHS test not being accepted at Ercan or at the very least being queried. Have you evidence that an NHS test is acceptable and also what is the exact paperwork/information the test paperwork must show?

2. I am in the U.K. and I can confirm the official guideline is that NHS tests are not readily available by just booking an appointment. In my area no one has been canvassing for people to come forward for a test. Official guidelines for a test taken from the NHS website are below. Whilst I agree that there appears to be slack in the system and tests should be available for free for all, the official guidelines show this is not yet available. If the free NHS test was easily available I am sure we would have heard and indeed witnessed busy testing stations. I suspect some may try to “blag” a free test when booking on line but as yet the rules are as below.

You can get an NHS PCR test as follows:-

for yourself, if you have coronavirus symptoms now (a high temperature, a new, continuous cough, or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste)
for someone you live with, if they have symptoms
if you live in England and have been told to have a test before you go into hospital, for example, for surgery
if you live, work or study in these local council areas: Leicester, Luton, Pendle, or Blackburn with Darwen
if your local council has asked you to get a test
This service is for people in England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland.

Therefore a private PCR test at a cost in excess of £100 remains the alternative.

If you are unfortunate to be sat next to or close to someone testing positive then it appears you must self isolate for 14 days. How close is close? Also there is examples where this has happened and those close to the infected person are quarantined in a government hotel. I do not know if they have been requested to make payment.

Turkish Airlines flights (Often using Anadolu Jet a TA company) have been cancelled at short notice. Pegasus flights have also been cancelled/rescheduled. Friends of ours have had this happen to them unfortunately. This resulted in a non valid PCR test as it was outside the required timeframe for travel.

Like many I am keen to travel to the TRNC but there is still a lot of uncertainty and a risk involved. Some would be happy with the risk and others will not.

Hedge-fund wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 7:49 pm
Murphy wrote:

I'm flying Sunday so will answer your questions on Monday.

Turkish & Anadolu flights are sometimes amalgamated but will get there. Pegasus are a two bob operation and I wouldn't touch them with yours.

I put my flight back a week to avoid quarantine but took a nhs test last wednesday in anticipation of flying yesterday. The nurses at the test site said they have nothing to do and are begging people locally to take tests (3500 tests available daily on site and only 200 being taken daily) My gp also said they want as many as possible without symptoms to take a test too. The numbers are so small now the govt are going to stop announcing daily figures and go weekly and then monthly.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Thanks Hedgefund. Look forward to hearing of your experience when you travel.

As for the NHS test, maybe the government should announce the test is available for all via an online booking. Officially tho the test is not available just because you want to travel. I would be happy to pay a nominal fee for the NHS test if it was acceptable and available.....but that is far to sensible a suggestion.

I am going to sit tight until it is clear to me what PCR paperwork and information is required, what flights are actually flying etc.

No doubt that any feedback or information would be very useful and encourage more to book and travel.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

As ever the information available is not clear. Some FB groups are reporting quite accurately and responsibly and as usual some just allow anyone to come on and spout anything without any clear evidence that it is fact.

BRS today released their latest news letter and to be frank it adds nothing new. There are tales of people being accepted with the NHS test and also tales that the NHS test is now available for those who want to travel. These are things that need to be verified before even contemplating travel I think. I imagine if you are in the UK then you should be able to look on the NHS web site and find out if you are eligible for a test free. If not telephoning or calling in at your local hospital may produce a better result. It would appear that the NHS test is acceptable at Ercan but it is having the right paperwork that is important.

I am not a member of this face book group but read it daily and find that Issy Atahasan on there spends a great deal of time ensuring that that is posted is correct. There are stories on there from people who have actually travelled with NHS tests worth a read and there are regular updates from the Council of Ministers and Ministry and Ministry of Health. I have no connection with the group but use it as a source of information that as long as you ignore the comments and daft questions from people who cannot grasp the concept of facts and rely on what Issy posts it is as reliable as anything else out there.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/4420565 ... SEARCH_BOX

Rather than copy and paste stuff from there without the permission of Soner or the members on the FB group I will leave it to people here to use their own judgement whether to look and make their own minds up about content.

PoshinDevon
Kibkom Mod
Kibkom Mod

Post by PoshinDevon »

Agree Chriwright03 that there is plenty of “information” out there, however the real difficulty is identifying what is fact from what people think. It often gets muddled, hence I tend to err on the side of caution.

As for the NHS PCR test the official NHS website is very clear on who can have the test and in what circumstances. I have searched the NHS website and other government websites plus news outlets and nowhere can I find any mention of an NHS PCR test being available for travel.

I have no doubt some are booking an appointment to have an NHS PCR test done without meeting the qualifying criteria.

Moving to a category B status for England (UK) is a step in the right direction however as with many announcements that have been made the devil is in the detail.

Social distancing on the aircraft is another potential minefield with reports that this is being implemented in some cases on flights leaving the U.K. however on changing aircraft in Turkey this seems to be ignored. Again this could be to much of a risk for some. Some have also asked the valid question of how they would get to their place of self isolation after having arrived at Ercan. A taxi, friends picking up and dropping off or is it just make your own way there without stopping on the way? I can hazard a guess!

I hope those who decide to travel have a relatively stress free experience and it would be good to hear how things went, whether that be good or bad.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Chriswright03 »

I realise Posh that you would have checked the NHS web site but of course local differences may occur and it appears to be changing frequently so I guess it is quite easy to check regularly on line in case of changes.

I too err on the side of caution as well but having kept an eye on the group I linked to it would appear that Issy is the same and will only post stuff that he can verify and will not post rumour.

One of the things I find strange is that it isn't WHO who are moving the UK into Cat B but the TRNC s far as I can tell and that can only be because they are anxious to have the Country return to a better financial footing with the assistance of the British Ex Pat money returning to be spent here. Whilst I feel for the locals who are without work and money for basics let alone the luxuries I also feel strongly that we should be extremely careful about the strategy to avoid a second wave here. Letting more people in with less restrictions increases the risk of a spike of infections here.

I feel for the Ex Pats, Swallows call them what you will who have been stranded away from the TRNC for all this time but by the same token I think their plight is made worse by this constant changing of the rules which are never made 100% clear. As you say the devil is in the detail and there really is no detail at the moment. So instead of quarantine in a hotel at your expense you will be allowed to quarantine (not self isolate) at your home. How this can be done in order that you are able to travel from the airport let alone obtain essential food and the like has not been revealed.

There is a long way to go still and the frustration of all of those still stranded in the UK is palpable.

Bahcelibelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Bahcelibelly »

Yesterday we put our flight back a week from 13th to 20th awaiting confirmation of the forthcoming change to UK being put in category B and quarantine at villa instead of hotel for arrivals after 15th , then it's announced it's from 13th !! Grrr , but never mind we had a private test booked locally which we cancelled for a week also . Cost i believe was £200 ish each , extortionate but with all the wording needed to be accepted at Ercan . If the delay means we can isolate at villa then at least we have saved the hotel bill !! But ultimately we will be glad enough just to get there via Turkish Airlines ( who changed our flight with a £1.40 refund lol ) As we are retiring a one way flight is booked so not initially worried about getting back to the YUK .

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by snd1966 »

It states no friends must visit but they seem to forget about gardeners and pool men who were prevented from working during lockdown. I assume if a taxi picks you up they are already treating all their customers like they have the virus and most people have friends or management companies to leave goods on the doorstep so there should be no reason why travellers can not self isolate for 7 days.

Luckily the heat kills the virus pretty quickly on surfaces so the risk must be very low as most people do not hug and slobber over the work force

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Post by Soner »

UK moves to Cat B on 13th.....but, 7 day home quarantine.
See TRNC News, bottom article: viewtopic.php?f=55&t=52215

SussexBoy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by SussexBoy »

The changes are unclear on visitors staying in a pre-booked villa/apartment. Can they quarantine in these, I wonder?

waz-24-7
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by waz-24-7 »

The Covid virus remains omnipresent across the globe. Some regions including finally the UK appear to have overcome the initial almost exponential spread.
The willingness and desire to travel presents risk to exposure particularly given the way ( air travel primarily) the virus spread from source during December to March.
My view is that Cypriot authorities should remain veery vigilant towards incoming tourists who likely come from many destinations and viral reservoirs.
The TRNC has been surprisingly successful in both limiting the spread and containment of cases. Good news indeed.

As Winter approaches I fear a real re emergence in many regions and the virus remains a deadly threat to life as we know it.
Travel and holiday as you see fit but be aware , very aware ,that this deadly virus remains in the community and non essential contact with other travellers presents significant increased risk.

Murphy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Murphy »

Just read on another forum that 72 hours has got to pass before the negative result stands in North Cyprus. I thought the test/result only Stands for up to 72 hours? Also drove down to the local drive through Covid test centre and the guy who did the test said you can use the Test Receipt Card (The one with the bar code on). Then print the confirmation e mail result paperwork off as confirmation.

Hedge-fund
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Post by Hedge-fund »

Murphy wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 9:15 pm
Just read on another forum that 72 hours has got to pass before the negative result stands in North Cyprus. I thought the test/result only Stands for up to 72 hours? Also drove down to the local drive through Covid test centre and the guy who did the test said you can use the Test Receipt Card (The one with the bar code on). Then print the confirmation e mail result paperwork off as confirmation.
Up to 72 for the south. Between 72 - 120 for the north.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Post by Keithcaley »

Hedge-fund wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 10:51 pm
Murphy wrote:
Tue 11 Aug 2020 9:15 pm
Up to 72 for the south. Between 72 - 120 for the north.

Did you try printing it off? - assuming that you had a test, that is - reportedly, the important thing is that it shows the date of the test.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”