General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Points on Driving Licence

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Just in case anyone is interested in when these are removed. They do seem to be accurate with information. 15 months ago, I went and paid my fine and was told the points would stay in force for 15 months. Went and checked and they have been removed. Was a bit apprehensive just in case I had any other infringements that I didn't know about, but fortunately nothing!

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Points on Driving Licence

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks Sophie, good to know. My driving licence should be nice and clean again, but never virginal as it always has been....until that one time!

Mowgli597
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Mowgli597 »

Or, Sophie, like someone we both know you get other people to take the points off you and put on their licence to save you being banned (:Z)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Think many of us know or have heard of that happening Mowgli. Am damned myself if I will take on anyone else's speeding fines. I was just over the speeding limit, so was on the lowest fine on the scale, but that was enough for me to pay more attention. Even the lowest fine is enough to cover a few days groceries or whatever is important to spend money on to you. I am way too mean to be throwing money away for nothing in return.

Butterflyaway
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Butterflyaway »

Points accrue from the date of the offence, not the day the nice courier man turns up at your house with a big smile, nor the date you pay.

I have had points wiped before I even received the fine.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Good to know Butterflyaway, thank you. Was some considerable time before the nice courier man came to my door, after telling my neighbours that I shouldn't drive, not getting me at home when delivering the fines! There was obviously something lost in translation, and luckily my neighbours know that I am not a rampant speeder/drunk driver to have enough points to have me banned. It certainly put the wind up me though at the time.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Not sure you are correct Butterfly. In may case it was 11 months between offence and the date the man knocked on my door with the paperwork. I went to pay two days later (I was 4 miles over the limit). I asked how long on the licence and the nice young man said " 15 months from now", He also said "Now don't do it again" and gave me a wink. Also interesting to note that local TC friends laughed when I showed them the fine. "They wouldn't dare fine us for 4 miles over the limit"

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I got a fine for 71 in 65 limit thats a bit stiff . Its just you get distracted for a mo so what is 6 clics to a cyp nothing 6 klicks to a brit a fine

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Total stopping distance from 60 kph on wet and dry roads is 45m. Total stopping distance from 70 kph on wet and dry roads is 56m. So what is 6 kph to a Cyp? 11m or 36 feet in old money - the same as for a Brit! Maximum width of a pedestrian crossing is 10m.

Moral of the story - keep off the crossings in case a Brit or a Cyp happens to be driving on that bit of the road - they may miss you by 1m - or not if distracted by messages, phone calls, adverts, sneezing, other road users, passing donkeys, traffic signs, brushing hair back, hanging arms out of windows to catch the breeze, having feet on the dashboard, drinking, eating, looking at the GPS maps, sleeping, etc, etc.

Wonder what other non-cyp's have to pay or how fast they have to go??? Its Sunday and boring.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

Agobard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Agobard »

Why not just buy a radar detector? I've had one for years - available from Amazon and other places. At least, if you are driving along in a trance, the detector will wake you up if the camera that you are approaching is switched on!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”