General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ozankoy water?

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

When we turn on our hose pipe on outside only air comes out but the meter wheel goes around, is anyone else having this problem please? I know we were off for a few days but never experienced this before, very odd?

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

Re: Ozankoy water?

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Turn the tap off at the meter, or else you'll be charged for air!

This used to be a recurrent issue in the days when the water was only on for a day or two at a time...

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Mollie, you could easily fit a valve that is teed into the incomming water supply with the other end open to atmosphere. This would allow you to bleed any air out of the system when the water is back on. Alternatively a automatic air eliminator could be fitted that will vent the system.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

thornaby wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 1:11 pm
Mollie, you could easily fit a valve that is teed into the incomming water supply with the other end open to atmosphere. This would allow you to bleed any air out of the system when the water is back on. Alternatively a automatic air eliminator could be fitted that will vent the system.

I believe that these are options that only the Belediye can undertake - consumers are not allowed to interfere with the plumbing on the incoming side of the water meter!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Keith you are dead right about work prior to the meter but as it is very wrong for people to pay for fresh air it is easy for me to understand why some not so obvious solution to the problem might happen.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

thornaby wrote:
Mon 10 Aug 2020 6:12 pm
Keith you are dead right about work prior to the meter but as it is very wrong for people to pay for fresh air it is easy for me to understand why some not so obvious solution to the problem might happen.
I do entirely agree with you, I should have said "Go see the Belediye, and chew the Mayor's ear until they do something about it!" ;)

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”