General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Squeaker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Room dividers

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Squeaker »

Has anyone had a room divider put in, that is to divide the open plan space in winter to benefit from the heat from a wood burner more and also to benefit from air con in this heat. Some sort of bi-fold door arrangement?

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Room dividers

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

I put in an internal metal curtain rail with thick curtains which works well during the winter months, keeping the heat where I want it.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Same as Brinsley. We got Curtain World to put up good quality internal curtain rail and they recommended not exactly thick curtain but a form of blackout curtain (sort of creamy/beige satin with black thread running through it) and it keeps both heat in and cool air in where we want it. We don't divide the room into two i.e. living room and dining room, although we could easily do so, but it stays in without going into hall, kitchen and up the stairs.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Don't go to too much expense in case you don't like it. I've taken down the curtains which were dividing the living room area from the hall and kitchen, as in the winter, it was baltic moving from the living room to anywhere else. I suppose it depends on how much heat comes out from your burner, or if you have a big enough ac unit to cover the entire space.

If it's any help as to cost for blackout material. I bought some a few weeks ago at the fabric warehouse in Famagusta, 2.8 m wide, 80TL per metre.

Squeaker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Squeaker »

Thanks all. We have curtains at the moment, but they were made wrongly and don't look very nice, no chance of a refund of course. Where exactly is curtain world, is it near Digiturk? Maybe a more expert eye would make the difference!

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Squeaker, I'm in Alsancak and I know C.W. have moved to somewhere passed The Malpas Hotel, but that's all I know. Perhaps someone that end can let Squeaker know please. They came to Alsancak without any charge and did all the measuring up in a very professional manner. Fitted less than a week later.

Squeaker
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Squeaker »

Thankyou, I will look around there at the weekend, I have an idea now where it is!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”