General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Residency bank issue

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

Having submitted UK bank statement at emigration for residency, I was unable to complete the process until I opened a Turkish bank account ??

happyinthesun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Residency bank issue

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by happyinthesun »

Yes,that isthe new rule.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

happyinthesun wrote:
Wed 21 Oct 2020 6:25 am
Yes,that isthe new rule.
OP previously said that they were at Famagusta police station.
Anyone having this problem at Girne police station?

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

Was not asked for in Girne UK account was OK ???

Kazzy2437
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Kazzy2437 »

I had this issue yesterday.....I completed my residency a couple of months back.....without reference to a local bank account at all.
But on completing my husbands residency we have had to provide several items that I did not have to show for mine.
1 local bank account
2permission to purchase authorisation approved by Interior Ministry...having the number was not sufficient

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

[quote=Kazzy2437
1 local bank account
2permission to purchase authorisation approved by Interior Ministry...having the number was not sufficient
[/quote]
If you have to have your PTP approved, then a lot of people are not going to be able to renew as they are still waiting for various reasons.
Going on Friday morning.
Have got TRNC bank account but not PTP yet, have been told that there is a backlog due to Coronvirus.

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

Surely banking is personal and should not be forced to bank with other banks,

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Famagusta police are insisting on a local bank account, they did with me, and have heard the same from many others. Would be very interested to hear if the same is happening in Girne and elsewhere.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Last week friends went to Girne on Monday morning, they had been given the same appointment time as about 30 others. The man who dealt with them was in a foul mood and refused to accept their uk bank statement and told them to go to immigration in Lefkosa. They have a local account but not enough funds in it for residency purposes. They went back next day on the off chance that they would be seen and lo and behold they were and all their documents were accepted. Just luck of the draw it seems but if the requirements keep changing then its understandable that the police get frustrated.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Thanks for that COA. I didn't have enough in a local bank for residency purposes either, and told Famagusta police that, but they said it didn't matter, as long as I had a local bank account. UK bank statement had enough to cover. There just seems to be no consistency.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

The following has been posted in The Foreign Residents Society Facebook Group today:

‼️ People have reported the police are not accepting UK bank statements or expired passports at the police interview.

The Interior Ministry has confirmed this is INCORRECT and have contacted the police regarding this issue today.

Providing the bank statement shows your name clearly, bank statements from foreign banks are acceptable provided they are in English or Turkish.

If your documents have previously been refused due to the above mentioned factors, try to re-submit.

If the police still refuse to accept your documents, ask them to contact the Interior Ministry and please notify us by filling in our contact form via the link below with the following details: Which police station, date of visit, full name, passport number and your phone number.

https://www.infonorthcyprus.com/contact

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Many thanks for that J&J

Bogaz58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Bogaz58 »

The PTP, according to my advocate, is supplied by the ministry to the advocate by text message. When we renewed my Wife's residency earlier this year at Girne Police station we provided the officer with an email from our advocate bearing the PTP reference, this was accepted without question.
Hope that helps those with similar issue.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Bogaz58 wrote:
Thu 22 Oct 2020 6:11 am
The PTP, according to my advocate, is supplied by the ministry to the advocate by text message. When we renewed my Wife's residency earlier this year at Girne Police station we provided the officer with an email from our advocate bearing the PTP reference, this was accepted without question.
Hope that helps those with similar issue.
Just got back from Girne police station.
REFUSED application for residency because we do not have the COMPLETED PTP, ref. No. Not accepted. Would not speak to my Advocate or give me his name. Apparently everything is processed waiting for the land registry.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”