General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

KAR
Verified Charity
Verified Charity

KAR Cat Neutering Scheme

•   Message 1 of 6 in Discussion

Post by KAR »

The KAR cat neutering program is continuing to neuter street cats in the TRNC. Every week our dedicated vets, assistants and cat team - as well as members of the public, collect cats for neutering.
We do ask, wherever possible, for a donation to help with the costs. The suggested donation amount has not changed since we began our clinic program. Donations help towards the costs of the medicines used for the operation as well as long term antibiotics, internal parasite treatment etc. given whilst the cat is in the KAR clinic.
Sadly due to rising costs of the medicines, cleaning and veterinary products and the falling TL - in order for us to continue with this very valued program - we will be having to ask for a higher minimum donation - 80TL.
We do hope that you understand.
Please - continue to help us to help them.
meds.jpg
KAR account is just for posting and not responding to queries. Contact our Office for information.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: KAR Cat Neutering Scheme

•   Message 2 of 6 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

I am in Alsancak where can I donate please?

Cally
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 6 in Discussion

Post by Cally »

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 6 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

KAR over the years have helped me neuter many cats in our street, it is a great service to both the cat community and humans.
As I know they have been stretched this year I took on the street myself, 28 cats later maybe i should of waited!

The good thing is even though I see the cats they are not on my doorstep and to date no fighting cats at night time

I would like to add if I had not turned a blind eye last year and said its not my problem, i would not have 12 kittens wandering around , some born with eye and teeth problems. The blind kitten in the shed motivated me on my personal campaign, never again

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 6 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Good on you snd we need more people like you!!

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 6 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

ozankoys wrote:
Sun 25 Oct 2020 6:04 am
Good on you snd we need more people like you!!
All i did
was speak to a local vet who agreed I could leave a cat a day, Mon to Fri , this was a great help as I generally go to work at 6 am in the summer.
Arranged to have 2 cages and a trap from KAR on loan, this enabled me to do a cat a day
Arrange a payment scheme with the vet, very fair as my first cat was the end of June , hopefully another 3 this week and that should be it.

i am still paying off my bill but this is due to one cat/kitten having to have its eye removed and was not under my payment scheme therefore i turned to others to help pay before i agreed to the op...... lets say some responded very quickly with their contribution.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”