General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

jayne61
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Car Boot Sale

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jayne61 »

Can anyone please tell me what car boot sales are on in the next few days, and how many stalls are there on average, I remember on our last visit to Cyprus we travelled quite a distance to only find 6 stalls, so just wondered if theres any you recommend. Thank you

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Car Boot Sale

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

As far as I know there is only the one Car boot sale and that is at Pine Bay Field at Alsancak. At the back of Pine Bay Hotel from 8a.m. to around 1p.m, but if the sellers have sold out they are inclined to leave. The number of stalls varies with the weather, but there is normally a good selection - I am sure the Barbie will answer that question. It will happen this Sunday, and of course there is the famous bacon butties or burgers available plus a good old fashioned cuppa.

There is a Sunday morning market at Soyz Bar at Catalkoy on the main road, and also the new Bamboo Beach, near the Merit Hotel, alsancak.

Don'[t know of others, but I am sure there are some.

Hope you find what you are looking for.
Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

carolhm
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by carolhm »

Pine bay is the best one , must be good we travel from Tatlisu to there most weeks , great bacon butties and burgers too

Gordon Kent
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Gordon Kent »

There is also the Saturday morning market at Lambousa in Lapta.

Between 80 and 100 stalls at the moment. Busier in Spring and Autumn.

Barbieb
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Barbieb »

Thank you Marion and Carol, we are expecting a good turnout at Car Boot Sale in Alsancak on Sunday, it can be anything from between 20 to 40 cars, but obviously we never know until the day, as it is a car boot sale it differs every week, although we do have our regulars, it is all dependent on the weather, but the sun is normally shining and I have no doubt it will this Sunday! Ayse and Phil who run a stall for the donkey charity will be there on the day, and a lot of other regulars, as well as new bookings, so would say definitely worth a visit, but really need to get around 10.30 latest to grab the bargains, buyers turn up at 6.30 to grab the best. Hope to see you Sunday!

Marions
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Marions »

See, I told you barbie would tell you. And to Gordon, sorry, of course Lamboussa is the biggest and the bes,t but as the lady was asking for Car Boots, I did not mention. Of course it would be well worth her while to go to Lamboussa on the Saturday and Pine Bay on the Sunday and have two great days of buying, and meeting folk.

Maid Marion of Malatya
'Plan as if you will live for ever, but live each day as if it is your last.'

stellasstar1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by stellasstar1 »

Yes, this Sunday looks to be a good one (aren't they always!), so do come along, you never know what you will find, and if you are looking for bargains come early, but if you are just coming for a mooch, then no rush.

jayne61
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jayne61 »

Thank you everyone, look forward to seeing you all there Sunday!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”