face mask symptoms

General Forum

Moderators: PoshinDevon, Soner, Dragon

Post Reply
yucatan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 174
Joined: Mon 28 May 2012 8:01 am

face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 1 of 35 in Discussion

Post by yucatan »

Has anyone experienced sore lips as a result of wearing face mask ?

d1cxx
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 55
Joined: Sun 07 Dec 2014 9:17 am

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 2 of 35 in Discussion

Post by d1cxx »

I wear a face mask for several hours a day, no sore lips, but I do seem to be getting headaches.

Up the Reds.
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun 28 Jun 2020 5:56 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 3 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Up the Reds. »

My Wife has real problems with what seems to be almost like acne on her face, Doctor has given her some cream which has reduced, but not totally cured the problem. Seems it is not at all uncommon.

User avatar
Keithcaley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 7498
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2012 6:00 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 4 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Up the Reds. wrote:
Sat 21 Nov 2020 5:58 pm
My Wife has real problems with what seems to be almost like acne on her face, Doctor has given her some cream which has reduced, but not totally cured the problem. Seems it is not at all uncommon.

That's known as 'Maskne' :)

I kid you not!

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 5 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

If the facemask is being washed regularly it may be contact dermatitis caused by sensitivity to the washing chemical or the manufacturing material. Health care professionals have been wearing masks for long periods but I am not aware that it's an issue.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat 31 Oct 2015 8:37 am

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 6 of 35 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

I will leave you to make your own conclusions but people should read this...
http://www.vernoncoleman.com/harmthangood.pdf

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed 27 Nov 2013 5:02 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 7 of 35 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »


User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 8 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

techtrader wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 5:53 am
I will leave you to make your own conclusions but people should read this...
http://www.vernoncoleman.com/harmthangood.pdf
The dangers of the unregulated internet means cranks' wild claims lacking in supporting evidence can gain traction merely by propagation by people not spending the time investigating the background of the originator and whether there is any demonstrable truth in such claims....

Operating theatre staff would have ditched masks many moons ago if this was a provable theory.... but it's just another GP running his mouth-off when he does not have the background in virology and disease control to back-up his claims....

He should be regarded as a mischief-maker just like the ex-doctor who falsely claimed the MMR jab caused autism, faked stats to suit his claim and was struck-off for causing panic and antivaxer fuelled reduced take-up of the immunisation program leading to increased incidences of child deaths from measles, mumps and rubella....

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 5725
Joined: Wed 25 Jul 2012 3:42 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 9 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Sadly more and more people are starting to believe these cranks. A TC person I know is against the vaccines and has even sent me a web site to read. I've done so and frankly its frightening. Did you know that vaccines can change your DNA???? Horrendous misinformation. I've tried to explain about the MMR jabs but he and more and more people here are not at all convinced.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat 31 Oct 2015 8:37 am

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 10 of 35 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

I try excruciatingly hard on here not to get into ridiculous arguments that consist of a deluge of quotes and re quotes which believe me no-one reads apart from yourselves and I hope it makes you happy.

Therefore, I made it very clear above that in the hope of adding to the conversation and at least giving a balanced view (which certainly on here is very hard to find) I linked a paper from erm actually a most qualified person you could find on the subject, a retired eminent medical practitioner with a multitude of published medical books and journals such a senior medic that for many years he had published columns in the broadsheets and someone the BBC and other mainstream media would regularly call upon for medical comment for many years. In fact this only stopped when he himself pulled away from the mainstream media because he didn't like the way they were being coerced or edited.

In light of the above, when I read from 'Groucho' the following...'people not spending the time investigating the background of the originator and whether there is any demonstrable truth in such claims.' I assume that is a spat on me, I'd ask who the hell are you Groucho to tell me about myself and what I know, who I know, and any research I do? Actually , who the hell are you anyway to lead any medical argument at all? Where are your credentials on the subject, in light of a 'balanced argument' please leave your cards on the table because believe me I like to research thoroughly anyone that I should put forth in my name, how about you??

Unlike you, I don't claim to have any firm (un)qualified answers on the subject and of the life that we are submitting to but again unlike you, I am big enough to at least question it and at least put forth argument to challenge which I had assumed any chatroom was setup to engage in.

I see you on here a lot spouting your diatribes upon many members and actually it makes me far less interested to engage on here, so that is actually what you do and maybe you should consider that going forward.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 11 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

techtrader wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 6:19 pm

I linked a paper from erm actually a most qualified person you could find on the subject, a retired eminent medical practitioner with a multitude of published medical books and journals such a senior medic that for many years he had published columns in the broadsheets and someone the BBC and other mainstream media would regularly call upon for medical comment for many years. In fact this only stopped when he himself pulled away from the mainstream media because he didn't like the way they were being coerced or edited.
My memory of Vernon Coleman is once he stated that if you were hetrosexual and engaged in normal sex didn't need blood transfusions or used needles for drug taking you were safe as houses from catching AIDS. This of course is true but did not suit the narrative and so like David Bellamy he disappeared from the media forever because he wouldn't follow the script.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business
Posts: 599
Joined: Wed 27 Nov 2013 5:02 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 12 of 35 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

My memory of Vernon Coleman is once he stated that if you were hetrosexual and engaged in normal sex didn't need blood transfusions or used needles for drug taking you were safe as houses from catching AIDS.

this of course is NOT true and thats why this idiot disappeared from media forever.

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 13 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:20 am
techtrader wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 6:19 pm

I linked a paper from erm actually a most qualified person you could find on the subject, a retired eminent medical practitioner with a multitude of published medical books and journals such a senior medic that for many years he had published columns in the broadsheets and someone the BBC and other mainstream media would regularly call upon for medical comment for many years. In fact this only stopped when he himself pulled away from the mainstream media because he didn't like the way they were being coerced or edited.
My memory of Vernon Coleman is once he stated that if you were hetrosexual and engaged in normal sex didn't need blood transfusions or used needles for drug taking you were safe as houses from catching AIDS. This of course is true but did not suit the narrative and so like David Bellamy he disappeared from the media forever because he wouldn't follow the script.
As there are many ways of coming into contact with other people's bodily fluids other than those stated - like during an accident or doing any contact sport or working in a hospital.... as Kibsolar said the statement is not 'true'.

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 14 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

techtrader wrote:
Sun 22 Nov 2020 6:19 pm
I try excruciatingly hard on here not to get into ridiculous arguments that consist of a deluge of quotes and re quotes which believe me no-one reads apart from yourselves and I hope it makes you happy.

Therefore, I made it very clear above that in the hope of adding to the conversation and at least giving a balanced view (which certainly on here is very hard to find) I linked a paper from erm actually a most qualified person you could find on the subject, a retired eminent medical practitioner with a multitude of published medical books and journals such a senior medic that for many years he had published columns in the broadsheets and someone the BBC and other mainstream media would regularly call upon for medical comment for many years. In fact this only stopped when he himself pulled away from the mainstream media because he didn't like the way they were being coerced or edited.

In light of the above, when I read from 'Groucho' the following...'people not spending the time investigating the background of the originator and whether there is any demonstrable truth in such claims.' I assume that is a spat on me, I'd ask who the hell are you Groucho to tell me about myself and what I know, who I know, and any research I do? Actually , who the hell are you anyway to lead any medical argument at all? Where are your credentials on the subject, in light of a 'balanced argument' please leave your cards on the table because believe me I like to research thoroughly anyone that I should put forth in my name, how about you??

Unlike you, I don't claim to have any firm (un)qualified answers on the subject and of the life that we are submitting to but again unlike you, I am big enough to at least question it and at least put forth argument to challenge which I had assumed any chatroom was setup to engage in.

I see you on here a lot spouting your diatribes upon many members and actually it makes me far less interested to engage on here, so that is actually what you do and maybe you should consider that going forward.
Or maybe you should consider not posting links to such rubbish.... just a thought!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 15 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:57 am

this of course is NOT true and thats why this idiot disappeared from media forever.
If you engaged in regular sex, didn’t need intravenous blood or used intravenous drugs and wasn’t outrageously promiscuous which would expose you to the first few groups then your odds on catching AIDS were minuscule. I perfectly understand why they pretended you were just as at risk for funding or to remove the stigma that it was a gay or druggie disease and it was probably a wise move but it wasn’t true.
The incidence of AIDS amongst gay women who didn’t need intravenous blood or used intravenous drugs was also miniscule.
Last edited by EnjoyingTheSun on Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 16 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:10 pm
kibsolar1999 wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 11:57 am

this of course is NOT true and thats why this idiot disappeared from media forever.
If you engaged in regular sex, didn’t need intravenous blood or used intravenous drugs and wasn’t outrageously promiscuous which would expose you to the first few groups then your odds on catching AIDS were minuscule.
What about frontline staff who've died from contact with infected people? Or is it your contention that they themselves must have been gay, promiscuous or drug users?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 17 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:30 pm

What about frontline staff who've died from contact with infected people? Or is it your contention that they themselves must have been gay, promiscuous or drug users?
Frontline staff would catch it if they pierced their skin with a needle with an infected person's blood on it. The blood was the key so the method of transmission was pretty much zero by let's call it regular hetrosexual sex. So frontline staff were in a position for rare accidents to happen.

As I said gay women had a miniscule infection rate, I know this will also make a woke bloke's head explode but gay men also suffer from VD to a much much higher degree and had for years before AIDS.

https://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm

I don't think it is so much being gay as being male tbh as the incidence of VD amongst gay women is again miniscule. Men are far more likely to be promiscuous so I guess with male/male couples that naturally doubles.

I'm not condemning gay men in the slightest. To catch a horrendous disease such as AIDS is a terrible result to simply preferring members of your own sex. To be ostracised or to have funds withheld because it only effected a minority isn't on.
But to ignore the data and numbers is disingenuous but I can understand the reason and support it to a point.

It wasn't a gay disease as such but anal sex as opposed to regular hetrosexual sex certainly helped it to transmit and spread.

techtrader
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 55
Joined: Sat 31 Oct 2015 8:37 am

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 18 of 35 in Discussion

Post by techtrader »

Or maybe you should consider not posting links to such rubbish.... just a thought!
Who made you Ministry of Information? It seems a list of thoroughly resourced articles and papers to me, the majority of which are from top Medical sources. The validity of any of these points can be independently checked.

Proudsprey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 31 Jul 2020 8:19 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 19 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Proudsprey »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:44 pm
Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:30 pm


It wasn't a gay disease as such but anal sex as opposed to regular hetrosexual sex certainly helped it to transmit and spread.
I agree, ETS... as would the copious amount of 70's & 80's porn actors that have died from AIDS... if they were still alive.

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 20 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

techtrader wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:54 pm
Or maybe you should consider not posting links to such rubbish.... just a thought!
Who made you Ministry of Information? It seems a list of thoroughly resourced articles and papers to me, the majority of which are from top Medical sources. The validity of any of these points can be independently checked.
Who made you Ministry of Information?

'Seeming' like a list of thoroughly resourced articles and papers is how those who want their cock-eyed views to gain acceptance and thereby suck you in put their misinformation into the public domain... the vast majority of medical opinion is behind the wearing of masks as a minimal inconvenience measure aimed at reducing the risk of cross-infection. No one is saying it's perfect but if it only serves to remind folk not to get unnecessarily close just now it can't be harmful.

So, should we ignore this overwhelmingly supported medical advice from experts who use evidence based statistics or follow some individual with a poor track record of advising based on apocryphal experiences of his own that are not supported by the statistics?

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 21 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Proudsprey wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:04 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:44 pm
Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:30 pm


It wasn't a gay disease as such but anal sex as opposed to regular hetrosexual sex certainly helped it to transmit and spread.
I agree, ETS... as would the copious amount of 70's & 80's porn actors that have died from AIDS... if they were still alive.
Not many of them were wearing masks...

This thread is not about HIV, even though ETS seems determined to make it so...

Proudsprey
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri 31 Jul 2020 8:19 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 22 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Proudsprey »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:27 pm
Proudsprey wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:04 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:44 pm


I agree, ETS... as would the copious amount of 70's & 80's porn actors that have died from AIDS... if they were still alive.
Not many of them were wearing masks...

This thread is not about HIV, even though ETS seems determined to make it so...
True Groucho, but ... there is a sort of link - both communicable, both incurable diseases.
A mask (and other things) may well protect you from Covid, much like a condom (and other things) may well protect you from HIV/AIDS.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 23 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Proudsprey wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:04 pm
EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:44 pm
Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:30 pm


It wasn't a gay disease as such but anal sex as opposed to regular hetrosexual sex certainly helped it to transmit and spread.
I agree, ETS... as would the copious amount of 70's & 80's porn actors that have died from AIDS... if they were still alive.
Well if you pray russian roulette.......

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 24 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:27 pm

This thread is not about HIV, even though ETS seems determined to make it so...
No but I am pointing out how Vernon Coleman came to be cancelled. And you have amply pointed out how you will dismiss evidence when it suits

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 25 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Just to clarify. I do not label AIDS as a gay plague and I certainly do not think it is god's wrath on gay people or drug users.

I can also see that to tell people the truth that AIDS was an overwhelmingly gay male and drug/needle users might marginalise those people and discourage prioritising spending the funds to find a cure.

But that does not overule the facts.

Gay men were at by far the highest risk, Gay women had a minimal risk probably even lower than hetrosexual couples.
Cannabis users or even cocaine users were at minimal risk. Heroin users who used fresh needles or smoked the stuff were at minimal risk. Heroin users who re-used needles were at a very high risk.
Promiscuity just increases your probabilities of catching it. A gay male couple in a monogomous relationship would have no more chance of catching it than anyone else.

To point out those facts is not a conspiracy or even homophobic, it is pointing out facts.
The fact that Vernon Coleman got cancelled for pointing this out would certainly not make me immediately discount another opinion of his even if it was as racist as pointing out that sickle cell overwhelmingly effects black people more.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 26 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:04 pm

As there are many ways of coming into contact with other people's bodily fluids other than those stated - like during an accident or doing any contact sport or working in a hospital.... as Kibsolar said the statement is not 'true'.
It's not bodily fluid it's blood. HIV is not spread through saliva or sweat. Contact between broken skin, wounds, or mucous membranes and HIV-infected blood or blood-contaminated body fluids spreads it nothing else.
So a nurse treating an AIDS patient has zero chance of getting it as long as they follow basic safety procedures and aren't the victim of a catastrophic accident. Once we knew how HIV was transmitted these cases were miniscule. Even blood transfusions which caused a lot of cases were tightened up.
Sportsmen in contact sports did have it but to the best of my knowledge none of them ever transmitted it.
Sharing a boxing ring or even kissing a boxer with HIV will not pass it over. A clash of heads where both of your skin has an open might as will have anal sex with him or sharing a needle if that's your thing.

Elton John who has done an incredible amount for AIDS charities has frequently said it is a miracle he never caught it. That said Libarace died from it so I assume by your logic playing the piano and or dressing up in flamboyant outfits is a risk?

User avatar
Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012 12:54 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 27 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

Not sure if this is the right place to post this, but all in the same family regarding Covid 19. So if your interested and hopefully you can get this programme....

BBC Radio 5 Stephen Nolan Show yesterday spoke a lot about different issues and opinions on the effects of Covid.
The Mayor of Liverpool Joe Anderson talking about how they have coped and the impact mass testing and its results. This man has lost his brother, a cousin and now 2 more cousins in hospital, with one who may not survive.
Starts at 43.12 on the timer


Allison Pollock, Director of Newcastle University Centre for Excellence gives her reasoning as to why mass testing is a mistake.
Starts at 54.36 on the timer.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m000pmdc
Old Soldiers never die, they simply fade away, never to be forgotten.

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 28 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

Proudsprey wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:36 pm
Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:27 pm
Proudsprey wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 1:04 pm


Not many of them were wearing masks...

This thread is not about HIV, even though ETS seems determined to make it so...
True Groucho, but ... there is a sort of link - both communicable, both incurable diseases.
A mask (and other things) may well protect you from Covid, much like a condom (and other things) may well protect you from HIV/AIDS.
Whilst Covid has a high mortality rate it is not incurable..

User avatar
Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 3125
Joined: Mon 09 Apr 2012 2:43 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 29 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

EnjoyingTheSun wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 3:33 pm
Groucho wrote:
Mon 23 Nov 2020 12:04 pm

As there are many ways of coming into contact with other people's bodily fluids other than those stated - like during an accident or doing any contact sport or working in a hospital.... as Kibsolar said the statement is not 'true'.
It's not bodily fluid it's blood. HIV is not spread through saliva or sweat. Contact between broken skin, wounds, or mucous membranes and HIV-infected blood or blood-contaminated body fluids spreads it nothing else.
So a nurse treating an AIDS patient has zero chance of getting it as long as they follow basic safety procedures and aren't the victim of a catastrophic accident. Once we knew how HIV was transmitted these cases were miniscule. Even blood transfusions which caused a lot of cases were tightened up.
Sportsmen in contact sports did have it but to the best of my knowledge none of them ever transmitted it.
Sharing a boxing ring or even kissing a boxer with HIV will not pass it over. A clash of heads where both of your skin has an open might as will have anal sex with him or sharing a needle if that's your thing.

Elton John who has done an incredible amount for AIDS charities has frequently said it is a miracle he never caught it. That said Libarace died from it so I assume by your logic playing the piano and or dressing up in flamboyant outfits is a risk?
Breast milk is not blood but can transmit HIV. I'm sure you think you are right but you are not.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 5725
Joined: Wed 25 Jul 2012 3:42 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 30 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Any comments on Facemasks? I should think Yucatan has given up the ghost by now.

User avatar
Dalartokat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 1211
Joined: Sun 13 May 2012 12:54 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 31 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Dalartokat »

If your getting affected by wearing a mask, then it could be some allergic reaction as Groucho has already remarked about.
It could be heat rash, you live in a warmer climate or not enough air circulating which you should have and the mask should be sitting on top of the bridge of your nose, or wearing an unsuitable mask. It’s an individual thing.

I wear a triple material type hand made by someone else that I can put an additional insert made of material similar to muslin which you can get from Amazon 100:sheets for £10. that way your mouth is not touching the material and any fluids don’t go actually into the mask. Also I can change a couple of times whilst out, each time I wear the mask, then every other day I wash the whole mask.

The masks you can buy similar to what nurses and doctors wear( not the actual ones doctors and nurses wear) which are the more common type, maybe and just guessing, could have some type of chemical added in the material therefore affect some types of skin.

What you say Sophie?
Old Soldiers never die, they simply fade away, never to be forgotten.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 32 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Groucho wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 6:52 am


Breast milk is not blood but can transmit HIV. I'm sure you think you are right but you are not.
True breast milk has been found to have HIV but the transmission rate is unknown.
Again this isn’t a major cause of HIV is it? It’s up there with a nurse stepping on a dirty needle.
She could be in a faithful marriage with her husband and they usually have heterosexual sex but decide to be exotic and have anal sex and he might get HIV.
This does not mean heterosexual people who are not promiscuous, don’t have a blood transfusion with tainted blood or take intravenous drugs through a dirty needle are an at risk group does it?
We both know the major risk groups and they are the major risk groups by a high margin.
I'm sure if you look hard enough you'll find someone who says who caught HIV while eating a peach but....
Last edited by EnjoyingTheSun on Tue 24 Nov 2020 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Keithcaley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 7498
Joined: Sat 21 Apr 2012 6:00 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 33 of 35 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Just in case you've all forgotten, the question asked was
Has anyone experienced sore lips as a result of wearing face mask ?
:)

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 5725
Joined: Wed 25 Jul 2012 3:42 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 34 of 35 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

My daughter in UK has to wear a facemask and visor for 8 or 9 hours a day. When she takes them off she washes her face THOROUGHLY with a good quality non scented bar of soap (lips included) Then she rinses two of three times. Then she dabs her lips gently with a tiny smear of Vaseline. She tries not to wear any make up whatsoever when off duty and lets fresh air and nature do the rest. The washing and rinsing seems a bit of a nuisance at first but she just gets into the habit and unlike some of her colleagues has had no problems at all. Its best not to wear a mask for more than a day and then wash it thoroughly with non chemical soap, rinse thoroughly and dry naturally.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer
Posts: 2992
Joined: Fri 16 Mar 2018 4:46 pm

Re: face mask symptoms

  • Quote
  •   Message 35 of 35 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

sophie wrote:
Tue 24 Nov 2020 11:17 am
My daughter in UK has to wear a facemask and visor for 8 or 9 hours a day. When she takes them off she washes her face THOROUGHLY with a good quality non scented bar of soap (lips included) Then she rinses two of three times. Then she dabs her lips gently with a tiny smear of Vaseline. She tries not to wear any make up whatsoever when off duty and lets fresh air and nature do the rest. The washing and rinsing seems a bit of a nuisance at first but she just gets into the habit and unlike some of her colleagues has had no problems at all. Its best not to wear a mask for more than a day and then wash it thoroughly with non chemical soap, rinse thoroughly and dry naturally.
Basic hygiene and common sense will certainly help. Inanimate objects can only do so much for you. It’s one thing having a smoke alarm in every room but it’s better if they have batteries with some power in them!

Post Reply

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”