Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Ready mix sand/cement, coloured?

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Good morning all.

I am able to source 20kg bags of sand/cement ready mix from various yapı markets, grey colour. The bags specify “colour: grey”.

I am curious to learn if anyone has seen bags of ready mix available here, preferably out west, in buff colour please.

TIA.
libens volens potens

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Ready mix sand/cement, coloured?

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

You can buy the dye to put into a cement mix from the yapi market near the Malpas hotel on the main road. We got some black to patch a hole in the tarmac a few weeks ago.

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Geoff1131 wrote:
Sat 28 Nov 2020 9:09 am
You can buy the dye to put into a cement mix from the yapi market near the Malpas hotel on the main road. We got some black to patch a hole in the tarmac a few weeks ago.
Thanks Geoff.

I bought yellow ochre powder from Ersem yalı, Alsancak/Lapta.

I hesitate to mix with grey colour ready mix, wondering what the result would be when used and allowed to dry.

Yes, l could test on a small area taking care to remember the mix ratio. Dirty yellow isn’t really what l am after.

It’s just as the ready mix bag specifies the colour it led me to wondering if buff was an available ready mix colour here, somewhere. Not available at Ersem yapı l hasten to add.
libens volens potens

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Good idea to make a small batch and try it. One thing i would say is, let it dry. When we mixed the cement with the black dye, it did not look right to me, it just looked the same colour as just the cement mix, but when it dried it was black, so dont be tempted to put too much dye in the mix. Trail and error until you get the right colour.

Wines Of The World
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Wines Of The World »

a1sysman wrote:
Sat 28 Nov 2020 9:04 am
Good morning all.

I am able to source 20kg bags of sand/cement ready mix from various yapı markets, grey colour. The bags specify “colour: grey”.

I am curious to learn if anyone has seen bags of ready mix available here, preferably out west, in buff colour please.

TIA.
I thought i saw many different colours of concrete around page 93 or 94, check out the link,don't know if its a dye or actual different colours of cement!

https://koster.com.tr/uploads/contents/ ... atalog.pdf
Making Life Richer For The Pourer 🍷🍸🍷🥂🍻🍺🍹🍸🥃🍾🍾🍾🍾

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”