General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

plumsmum
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Electric Soup Maker

•   Message 1 of 12 in Discussion

Post by plumsmum »

Does anyone out there know where I could purchase a Soup Maker?
Plumsmum

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Electric Soup Maker

•   Message 2 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Do you mean a saucepan?

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 12 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Hair Cut wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 11:24 am
Do you mean a saucepan?
:lol:

Plumsmum, they did have one in Sharafstore, but it's out of stock now. You could try contacting them and asking when it will be back in. They are really good at communicating in English, done it several times on WhatsApp.

https://sharafstore.com/p/electriq-1800 ... kontroller

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Hair Cut wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 11:24 am
Do you mean a saucepan?
That’s what I use a big saucepan 10 lots of veg 2 veg oxo cubes cook for 1/2 hr on top of the cooker then blend, job done, vegetarian soup and lasts 3 or 4 days in the fridge or freeze.

silverfir
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 12 in Discussion

Post by silverfir »

Saints fan. Agree with your recipe/method, but haven’t seen veg oxos here for some time. Have you got a source or are you using from your stock! Stock, get it? Oh well, I’ll be off then ($$)

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 12 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I use a 37 year old pressure cooker for soup, as it's the biggest pot I have, and do like you Saintsfan, bit in fridge for a couple of days, rest bagged up in freezer.
Suppose the advantage of an electric soup maker is that it does everything for you, and fine if you don't want to make huge amount.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 12 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

I haven't been looking for the veggie oxo cubes, but admit to buying a couple of packets whenever I spot them. Got them in Erdener, but that was ages ago. I found some quite decent veg bouillon at Iskele market from the chaps that sell pulses, spices and coffee beans, so would imagine they go to other markets. It's not really salty like the stuff in supermarkets.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 12 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Sure I saw veggie Oxo cubes in Illeli in Alsancak not long ago. Will check next time I'm in there.

Re Soup makers don't they become one of those must have gadgets such as an Ice Cream Maker, Yoghurt Maker, Bread Maker, Waffle Maker, Chocolate Fountain, Fondue set etc etc? Were all staples of the Generation belt conveyer belt but generally gather dust in your cupboard after the initial burst of enthusiasm?

Head Office had the great idea that people ought to form a library of these kind of things for you to have your burst of enthusiasm and return.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 12 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Lol. I think Head Office has a very good idea there.

I've only got the bread maker out of your list, but it's used once/twice a week and for making pizza dough. Rarely buy shop bread....sometimes those nice French type sticks at Erulku.
Actually, now come to think of it, there may be an ice-cream maker lurking somewhere, can't remember if I got rid or not, definitely don't have the other stuff. I did get rid of my slow cooker years ago. Was fine for when I was cooking meat for others, but being a vegetarian, was just taking up space.

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

I tend to use chicken or beef stock cubes if I can't find veggie ones.

I use the slow cooker for curries, stews, osso buco, ragu bolognese, boeuf bourguignon and water-bathing steaks and meat joints...

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 12 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Groucho wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 5:01 pm

I use the slow cooker for curries, stews, osso buco, ragu bolognese, boeuf bourguignon and water-bathing steaks and meat joints...
I suspect many folk would easily use other stock cubes instead of veg, but not a vegetarian or a vegan. When I came here, it was just local veg stock that was available, and it was salty as hell, so always got folk to bring from UK, or buy on very infrequent trips south side, and even made my own out of desperation.

Agree with you on the slow cooker, brilliant for meat dishes.

Saintsfan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 12 in Discussion

Post by Saintsfan »

Groucho wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 5:01 pm

My granddaughter is a vegan so I use the veg oxo for her when I am making other soups I use the other meat Oxo.
I use my slow cooker to cook joints of beef, lamb and gammon, braising steak and stews, chicken casseroles, also use it to make rice pudding.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”