General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

TRNC recognition.

•   Message 1 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Just read on LGC news the post from Mr Tatar questioning why the rest of the world does not allow direct flights to Ercan. I know the political issues but would it be possible for the government to create maybe a facebook or another social media site and direct it at the UN? If they started to get inundated with requests from people, not just TRNC citizens but people from other countries who would appreciate direct flights. Then it might do some good? I am no tech expert and dont know if it is possible but as they say, anything is worth a try. Nearly 50 years this country has survived through harsh times, surely it is time for this madness to stop.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: TRNC recognition.

•   Message 2 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Still hoping this one day goes viral: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lif ... ign=button

Amazed with the amount of posts, but 5 or 10 thousand signatures simply will not cut it.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Non-stop flights are wanted not direct ones.

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

Why do people keep going on about this?

What's wrong with getting off a plane and onto another.

All I have to say "Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation"

The place is not recognised.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 8 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Brinsley wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 7:08 pm
Non-stop flights are wanted not direct ones.
Definitely agree with you there, would really shorten the flight time considerably, to be on a par with flying to south side, and bring price down.

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 8 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

Hair Cut wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 7:47 pm

What's wrong with getting off a plane and onto another.

All I have to say "Chicago Convention on International Civil Aviation"

Fine if you are fit and healthy but spare a thought for those with disabilities and the older of us who find getting off a plane and waiting hours for another one, or maybe a rush to make the connection, stressful and tiring.

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Soner wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 6:56 pm
Still hoping this one day goes viral: https://www.ipetitions.com/petition/lif ... ign=button
Amazed with the amount of posts, but 5 or 10 thousand signatures simply will not cut it.
" 'Timeo Danaos et dona ferentes" is a Latin phrase from Aeneid (II, 49), written by Virgil between 29 and 19 BC. It has been paraphrased in English as the proverb "Beware of Greeks bearing gifts". Its literal meaning is "I fear the Danaans [Greeks], even those bearing gifts" or "even when they bear gifts'."

Over 2000 years ago, a trait was recognised and warned against; 2000 years later, most of the world still fall for and believe in the same deceptions and duplicities....
Even as a child/teenager in the 60's/70's, I saw in the news who were the victims and who were the villains...

jofra
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 8 in Discussion

Post by jofra »

Hair Cut wrote:
Tue 08 Dec 2020 7:47 pm
Perhaps because it is totally down to politics (i.e. national self-serving) - not fairness, justice, integrity or similarly obscene ideas - look at (for example) how long before the People's Republic of ("Red") China was recognised by the rest of the world - especially the USA - but then suddenly, "are we missing out?" - look at how much trade is now conducted.... Taiwan (Republic of China)? Sorry, who?
What does/can the TRNC offer?
**** them, nothing there for us.....

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”