General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

selling a car of deceased

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

can any one advise , for sale a car belonging to a deceased friend who's name is on the log book

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: selling a car of deceased

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

The only way now is to wait for probate.
If you are lucky and someone has power of attorney they could turn up in the place of the owner and declare the owner on the kocan will never drive the car again or never come to the island again. If husband or wife can come with the new owner they could declare this statement on their behalf.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Its a minefield too as if you mention they are dead they say sorry they need to come to the office!

Hair Cut
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Hair Cut »

You have to find someone that can pretend to be the deceased and get the name changed that way. Or like me, I had an old Renault 9 I just ended up selling it on something like FB at a quarter of its value but saying the Logbook is not in your name. It was sold within 10 minutes.

The locals always know someone that can do it.

When I bought a new car I had it registered in joint names.

wrogers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wrogers »

To pretend to be the deceased you will need their passport without the corner cut off. If the corner is cut off then you may get away with a photocopy of the main pages. It can be done by winging it.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Isn't it sad, that to get something done which should be so simply, you need to be more crooked and bent as the rules are.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Nothing, and I mean nothing is simple here! We have just gone through weeks if not months of renewing residency on line, starts again in November what a farce.

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 19 Feb 2021 2:37 pm
Isn't it sad, that to get something done which should be so simply, you need to be more crooked and bent as the rules are.

I think that the point is that if you are crooked and bent, then you will look for ways to circumvent the rules, otherwise you will obey the law and do it the correct way...

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Keithcaley wrote:
Fri 19 Feb 2021 2:59 pm
benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 19 Feb 2021 2:37 pm

I think that the point is that if you are crooked and bent, then you will look for ways to circumvent the rules, otherwise you will obey the law and do it the correct way...
The problem here the correct way is so difficult ie probate and if all they owned was the car its very expensive.
I may bend rules but to say i was someone and sign something in not your name is quite serious

wrogers
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by wrogers »

A friend of mine who's husband had died went the probate route. It took over a year and had the pay the advocate £1000.00 for the privilage. She couldn't MOT the car because it wasn't in her name. The car was parked up for nine months unused. A neighbour of mine who's husband had died took the impersonation route and being the crooked and bent person I seem to be, encouraged her. Take your choice is this a yellow card or a red one for a professional foul.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Ask a Cypriot how anything is done here and legal or not they will come out with that cover all statement: “It is the way”. I waited for 3 years to have Kibtek move a cable, my Cypriot friend, an electrician, did it himself! Who was right and who was wrong? Who cares, certainly not Kibtek!
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

The rules have changed both buyer and seller have to be there hence my advice of someone who is related to seller

Big smiles too help a lot. I have found sometimes friends who say they can help sometimes confuse it more
Keep it simple

Keithcaley
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Keithcaley »

Yeah, if someone wants to risk getting deported, for doing something like that, I guess it's their choice!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”