wanderer
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Removable car headrest why

•   Message 1 of 7 in Discussion

Post by wanderer »

Car headrests are there to stop whiplash broken necks
So why are they removable?

How many films TV series have we seen when the car goes into the river the passengers are trapped

The hero dives down the doors wont open because of the water pressure from the outside
The windows won't open as the electrics have shorted
The victim inside mouths the words save me

Well remove the headrest and bash your side window out with it

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Removable car headrest why

•   Message 2 of 7 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

You have answered your own question before anyone had a chance
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 7 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Lot to be said for the old fashioned wind down windows.
As for removable headrests it is sometimes handy to remove some of them when transporting things and struggling to fit them in the car.
Its not an everyday occurrence but possibly a bit more everyday for most people than driving into a river after a car chase?

Have you noticed that in car chases through the streets the car will always drive into a fruit stall at some point? On a freeway one of the cars will always hit half a dozen barrels filled with water? What is the purpose of these water barrels normally?

Jonnie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Jonnie »

Myth.

If you really are worried buy a hammer for the purpose and fit it correctly so it does not become a missile in a crash.
Some are wise and some otherwise.....

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 7 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Don’t worry. No car chases here. The police are not allowed to go over the speed limit. 🤪

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 7 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

"What is the purpose of these water barrels normally?" - Would have thought that would have been obvious even to you ETS - normally water barrels are used for the conveyance or storage of water, funny that - lol.

On roads - like out here for instance - they are used as "Impact Attenuators" or "Crash Cushions" and are designed to absorb a vehicles kinetic energy!

As for headrests, they are removable so you can take them out! It's up to you if you want to use them, a bit like seatbelts really - and I know it's against the law not to use seatbelts but if you can't reach your burger on the seat next to you because the only hand you have free is holding your phone then you need to release the seat belt to allow you more "stretch" room - lol.

Anyway, how can the kids possibly climb into the drivers lap to steer your car if the headrests are in the way?

Go on, have a great evening even if the bars are closed (Mostly) and enjoy the weekend. Stay safe out there.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 7 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

waddo wrote:
Sat 27 Feb 2021 6:14 pm

On roads - like out here for instance - they are used as "Impact Attenuators" or "Crash Cushions" and are designed to absorb a vehicles kinetic energy!
Never noticed them in anything other than Hollywood films but then never had cause to I guess.
Why don’t they have fruit carts to cushion impact? They work well in films plus you can pick up some shopping on long journeys too.
Have you noticed car chases are a regular in films but you rarely read about one in a book.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”