General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

1st Covid jab

•   Message 1 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Had appointment at Esentepe health centre Friday 19th, for my first COVID jab. I am 68. When I arrived, was told to come back on Monday ( today) 22nd at 10am. Arrived at 9.45. Over 100 people waiting. Gave my passport to a young lady, who asked for my telephone number. She said wait outside. 1 hour later was told as from today the government needs you to have Chronic certification from a doctor. She said very sorry, but this news has just been received . Why do they make our lives so difficult?

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: 1st Covid jab

•   Message 2 of 17 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

What is a Chronic Certification.?

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 17 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

This is an announcement from Esentepe Belediye

📢‼‼‼📢📢📢📢
Very important for Esentepe residents.
Please do not turn up at the Health Centre for vaccination unless you are OVER 55 WITH A CHRONIC CONDITION or if your 2nd vaccination date has arrived.
Many people were turned away today that did not meet the criteria. The Health Clinic only has a certain amount of vaccine to administer per day and has to show records to the MoH for those they vaccinate. Because of the high number of people that turned up today on the off chance, the Health Centre is now asking that those of you with a chronic condition to provide evidence. Esentepe is doing a great job so far, please do not spoil it.

I'm guessing if you missed the over 65's vaccination slots at beginning of the month, you now have to qualify for the group of over 55s with chronic conditions. The next category will be over 55s, so maybe wait until they are called. I've heard that it could be as early as next week.

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 17 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

I hear that people from Tatlisu were sneaking across the district border to Esentepe to grab a jab even though innoculations are available in their own village.

Joker2nd
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Joker2nd »

Yes must have been a language misunderstanding. I thought the girl said I needed a doctors letter, to say I did not have a Chronic condition.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Why would you be given 2 appointment times which the clinic reneged on, without a bullshit excuse to shoo you away? What limited vaccine supplies they had probably went to family & friends without appointment nor going through due process! Personally, I would have sat down inside and refused to budge until jabbed telling them to phone the police if not happy! I await my phone call/message having applied over three weeks ago for a jab appointment with no reply to date. I do feel sorry for your current predicament.

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 17 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

Brinsley wrote:
Mon 22 Feb 2021 5:16 pm
Why would you be given 2 appointment times which the clinic reneged on, without a bullshit excuse to shoo you away? What limited vaccine supplies they had probably went to family & friends without appointment nor going through due process! Personally, I would have sat down inside and refused to budge until jabbed telling them to phone the police if not happy! I await my phone call/message having applied over three weeks ago for a jab appointment with no reply to date. I do feel sorry for your current predicament.
There is a very limited supply of vaccine and the hard pressed medical staff are dealing with a rapidly evolving treatment regime. It doesn't help when 100 people turn up without appointment. I think the teams trying to make this FREE service a success would be offended by your insensitive assertions.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Tosh! There was an appointment and time slot with adequate vaccine for those on the list to have the jab! If the queue jumpers got priority the whole system is corrupt and a farce!

£eagle
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 17 in Discussion

Post by £eagle »

4 assertions in one sentence!
"Queue jumpers"; "got priority" " whole system corrupt" (whole system)" a farce,"
Such bold claims need solid foundations.

My own experience is that the health teams, in Esentepe, are rolling out a vaccination program to the best of their abilities.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Quite right ,"the health teams, in Esentepe, are rolling out a vaccination program to the best of their abilities."
By not reading or adhering to appointment schedules!
Think about about the 68 year old gent/madam who made two wasted journeys because of total incompetency!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Today TC's who had been asked to go and have 1st jab in Geçitkale, turned up only to be told to go home as decisions had suddenly been changed by new Health Minister. Maybe, this is the case in Esentepe too and island wide.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

DarkAli
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 17 in Discussion

Post by DarkAli »

Well we had ours in Catalkoy ,yesterday no problems at all, the appointments were kept to order very well organised

Jasja
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Jasja »

We had our first vaccine in Girne yesterday (opposite the George). We arrived early for our appointment and apologised but were told that that was okay. We were given a number and told to wait until called. Staff were so helpful and warm and kind towards us they explained everything to us, pointed out the date of our second vaccine but told us to ring the day before. The jab itself was painless and we were told to sit and wait for 15 minutes before we left. Lots of chairs outside so that wasn’t a problem. We made sure that we thanks each of them before we left.

Sewage
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 17 in Discussion

Post by Sewage »

Same as dark Ali had mine at Catalkoy yesterday,very organised

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 17 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Went for second German jab in Lefkosia, bit of a delay because vaccine did not arrive from hospital in time. No booking time required. Arrived at 8.15 and got 26 but from No.1 to 26 when they did start at at 9.25 took 35mins from jab to me leaving car park.

I have query though, friends who went for second German jab yesterday were told they then had to up the road to the Health Ministry and have their green card "stamped". When they arrived at 3.30pm it was closed.
No-one today even remotely mentioned stamping the green card and my Turkish isn't good enough to query it. Anyone out there, had their second jab and be told to go to Health Ministry?

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 17 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Benjaminbutton - I have sent you a messsge ... thank you

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 17 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Forget the bit about having to go to the Ministry of Health after having second jab to have your card "stamped" Once again Fake News. Another load of rubbish. If you go they won't have a clue why you're there.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”