13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Burglary Ozankoy

•   Message 51 of 65 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Sun 28 Mar 2021 4:04 pm
I know the horse has bolted but we are having CCTV fitted Wednesday.
Which installer did you decide to use please?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 52 of 65 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Laconic. He gave a price for three different set ups.

Mr Chinnery
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 53 of 65 in Discussion

Post by Mr Chinnery »

TAC
in relation to your enquiry, if you are monitoring from the uk you need to check how the system works. If the cameras are wireless they run on batteries and the battery life depends on ‘alerts’, the more alerts in a day the more it runs the battery life down. So if you are away for long periods the more you have to replace the batteries.
Once the batteries run down and you are in the UK the camera will stop working until you recharge/ replace battery.
Some say batteries last for upto six months! However that’s based on something like ten alerts a day. Don’t be fooled by this an alert can be the wind blowing a tree, a animal walking past or a moth flying past the screen.
If you want a system to monitor while away for Long periods it needs to be wired to a power supply linked in to your wifi which needs to be ‘on’ while you are away.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 54 of 65 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Re Blink cameras.
Yes it does record and if the Internet is on in your Cyprus house you can see what happening from anywhere via the app on your tablet or phone. It uses batteries so is not dependent on mains electric. Mine came with two cameras but more can be added.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 55 of 65 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Re Blink system, can't see my recent post. It does record and providing you have Internet you can veiw it from anywhere. You can even talk and listen to is in front of the camera. More cameras can be added if needed in addition to the two that came with mine, in fact I am sure you can buy systems with four cameras. No wiring is needed to go to the cameras as they are battery powered.

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 56 of 65 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

First Post this morning was on page 2, I need more coffee!

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 57 of 65 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

Battery or mains powered. For me arguments both ways. The issue with mains is power trips, the issue with batteries is the need to replace them. As said Battery life is dependent on "alerts". I need to replace one set but they are a year old. Living here full time or even as a swallow I would go for a Battery system and replace them when iam back here. Alerts can be adjusted to extend Battery life.

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 58 of 65 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

Mr Chinnery wrote:
Sun 28 Mar 2021 7:31 pm
TAC
in relation to your enquiry, if you are monitoring from the uk you need to check how the system works. If the cameras are wireless they run on batteries and the battery life depends on ‘alerts’, the more alerts in a day the more it runs the battery life down. So if you are away for long periods the more you have to replace the batteries.
Once the batteries run down and you are in the UK the camera will stop working until you recharge/ replace battery.
Some say batteries last for upto six months! However that’s based on something like ten alerts a day. Don’t be fooled by this an alert can be the wind blowing a tree, a animal walking past or a moth flying past the screen.
If you want a system to monitor while away for Long periods it needs to be wired to a power supply linked in to your wifi which needs to be ‘on’ while you are away.
Yes you are correct and knowing my luck I would have a bird nesting next to the camera
I still think the indoor cameras would be better, I know they only see in black and white at night.
If they were to go through Alex you can also have all the lights switch come on at the same time which would then make the cameras see in colour
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 59 of 65 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

No luck im afraid, the detectives are 90 percent certain the offender did enter our property but they did not recover any of our property.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 60 of 65 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Was the person so clever that he left no fingerprints anywhere? About 5 years ago I watched someone testing for prints in a nearby property, it was like watching an very, very early episode of Minder.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 61 of 65 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

The forensic team were very good, yes they did lift some prints however as yet they have not asked for our prints to eliminate any others. The investigation is still on going and early days. We are still hopeful, we think the Police hear do a great job.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 62 of 65 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Hi Molliecat, I have just had a company round and have been advised I need a minimum of 7 cameras to cover just the house but I hadn't appreciated that the system would be wired with cables in tubing all round the house. Is this what you have been quoted for?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 63 of 65 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

Yes, the guy reckons 4 cameras will do it? A friend of mine with a similar size villa has the system with 4 cameras and he said its good. If you want to come and take a look after Wednesday when its being installed. Yes it does involve wiring and tubing. We live in Ozankoy 0533 876 2204

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 64 of 65 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Mollie the cat that is very kind of you thank you. Judy

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 65 of 65 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

CCTV System now installed, very very pleased indeed with it, the guys were very professional.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”