General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Kyrenia Belediyesi Jab Fiasco

•   Message 1 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Went yet again today to the Belediyesi to enquire about my failed jab appointment with bilingual friend and the answers were bizarre!
My online application 2 months ago was scrapped, try the the new one but does not work for non-Turkish Cypriots. Also the Belediyesi computer registry has also been scrapped by the Ministry of Health.
Why I ask?
The Belediyesi decided to vaccinate ALL their workers before the vulnerable in society, not just those on the frontline dealing with the public (which would be fair enough) and as such the Ministry of Health have taken away all responsibility from the Council to administer the jab! Phone this number and submit your request, 0546 9901313.
A speaking robot in Turkish with no message to leave so I phone help line, 185. I'll phone you back in 10 minutes, 'PROMISE'! No returned phone call, Ha Ha Ha! A party in a Distillery springs to mind!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Re: Kyrenia Belediyesi Jab Fiasco

•   Message 2 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

All seemed to be going well up until Pilli was sacked. No vaccination, no parties. Organised or unorganised. (:())
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

What a racist, not colour, prejudice to exclude non-ethnic residents who pay taxes to reside in TRNC to be excluded. The Government, full of very clever people should DNA the whole of the so called TC's, and the real truth will become apparent! Self-serving financially interests of the government seems to be the agenda!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 32 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I'm really very disappointed in the way the whole vaccine business has become. Pilli was doing a great job and I wish I knew why on earth Tatar got rid of him (he also is also becoming a disappointment) It seems to me that politics and money have got a hold of the reins and not common sense or health of the nation.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 32 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

They are waiting for supplies to arrive from Turkey before they can continue with the vaccine programme
We as UK citizens have not been excluded we feel lucky to have received both doses as have most people we know, all being of appropriate age

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

I also had a problem with the on line registration as my residency visa was done before the computerised system was set up. I also registered about three or four times with different ways. I phoned the number as above (05469901313) There is a message in Turkish but if you wait the call will be answered. The lady I spoke to wasn’t fluent in English but we managed to understand each other. She told me to text my name,d.o.b. Passport no. Address. Tel.no. and photo of my passport to a WhatsApp number(ministry of health). I did this yesterday morning and heard nothing until a text came through around 9pm and then another around 11.45pm with a vaccine tracking number. So at least I am now in the system!

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 32 in Discussion

Post by aerhere »

Can you let us know which WhatsApp number you successfully used please?

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

aerhere. It is the ministry of health number. 05488239988. Good luck 😉

aerhere
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 32 in Discussion

Post by aerhere »

Thank you Kedikat2903.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

kedikat2903 wrote:
Thu 01 Apr 2021 6:22 am
I also had a problem with the on line registration as my residency visa was done before the computerised system was set up. I also registered about three or four times with different ways. I phoned the number as above (05469901313) There is a message in Turkish but if you wait the call will be answered. The lady I spoke to wasn’t fluent in English but we managed to understand each other. She told me to text my name,d.o.b. Passport no. Address. Tel.no. and photo of my passport to a WhatsApp number(ministry of health). I did this yesterday morning and heard nothing until a text came through around 9pm and then another around 11.45pm with a vaccine tracking number. So at least I am now in the system!
Just had a text saying residency number must also be included.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 32 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Mollie the cat. I haven’t had that request yet ! Did they send you a tracking number before they asked for the residency number?

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

The app was used yesterday, the text came about 2 hrs ago, no tracking number yet.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

Success at last, text today for appointment next Monday am jab at Girne hospital. I got the Belediyesi to do the phone call running around and neighbour with WhatsApp photographs of passport & residency with code number from the Council. What a palaver!

Asia111

•   Message 14 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Asia111 »

Pleased for you Brinsley
I am still waiting for an appointment despite registering on the new website. Hoping to hear soon.
May I ask what group you are in - over 65, 55-65?

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 32 in Discussion

Post by compass »

An elderly neighbour has recently completed her online registration and within a few days had an appointment texted to her. All went smoothly for her and vaccine was done on the ground floor at the back, of the Girne State hospital, rather then the old council offices in town. In and out very quickly.

So things appear to be working as planned.....

Compass

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 16 of 32 in Discussion

Post by erol »

I was unable to get the online registration to work for either myself or wife and I am usually pretty good at such things. Rang the phone number given at the end of application and they then gave me a different number that has whatsapp and asked me to send details there (including photo of my kimlic and my wife's residency). I am awaiting a response to that but its not been 24 hrs since I sent it yet.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 32 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Can't get any sense via the form to say I've had both jabs weeks ago and have given up. I suspect it must be because Alsancak isn't on the drop down menu of towns, so I never know what to put for District or County. Have never been able to speak to any one with a modicum of English.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

I thought we weren't using the online forms anymore? I rang the number given by the BRS without expectation but to my surprise a ladies voice spoke to me in Turkish. Thank heavens she also spoke English and gave me a WhatsApp number to provide a photo of my passport ID page, photo of residency and address and phone number. I did exactly that and wondered what would happen next then yesterday I received a tracking code which I haven't tried yet.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 32 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Has anyone with a tracking number received an appointment yet? I checked yesterday, entered tracking number, message said invalid, appointment will be sent by SMS to the number used to register. Received tracking number online 17 March.
No text received yet.

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 32 in Discussion

Post by compass »

Yes judvin, I have successfully logged in to the online system and received a tracking number.
I then got a text message with the appointment time etc a few days later and have attended and been vaccinated.
No one asked for this number, it's just for you to link to your application.
Just take your passport with you and may be your phone with the text message on it.

Compass

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 32 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Compass i haven't received a text message. I registered online and was given a tracking number and that's all I've had. May I ask what age group you are in?

compass
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 32 in Discussion

Post by compass »

Lets just say over 65......

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 32 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

That explains that then!🤣

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 32 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

I've just had a text message to attend Esentepe clinic tomorrow for my first jab. I'm 60 with no chronic illness.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 32 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

So much for the 3 days notice then. Same for me, SMS this evening for 1st jab tomorrow, but at Gecitkale.

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

My partner has just been informed, first jab on the 22nd April, 58yrs old.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 32 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Had an appointment for 10.20am, got there about 10, was out by 10.10. Astrazeneca jab, next one in 3 months... Hope they still have supplies. Very well organised at Esentepe.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 32 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Very well organised at Gecitkale too this morning. Back in July for 2nd.
From what I remember last time with the EU vaccines, they kept half back for the 2nd dose.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 29 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Geçitkale were vaccinating with Oxford-AstraZeneca. Wife got hers......I am still waiting to get text for my appointment. ((/)) (:())
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 32 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Went to Girne state hospital for 12.40 appointment. Noone was waiting so went straight in at 12.15. My partner who had registered at the same time as me but had not yet been given an appointment also had his. Astrazeneca. Appointments for 2nd dose in July.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 31 of 32 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

judyvin wrote:
Wed 14 Apr 2021 12:36 pm
Went to Girne state hospital for 12.40 appointment. Noone was waiting so went straight in at 12.15. My partner who had registered at the same time as me but had not yet been given an appointment also had his. Astrazeneca. Appointments for 2nd dose in July.
That was lucky, as in Gecitkale they were adamant that I could not have a dose due to not yet receiving text message. (:())

judyvin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 32 in Discussion

Post by judyvin »

Does anyone who has had the Astrazeneca vaccination, know how long it takes to get immunity with the batch they are using here?

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”