General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Litter exposed with verges being cut

•   Message 1 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

When did the human race become so dirty and have an attitude of its not my job and obviously not thinking who clears up after them?
Being born in 66 i was 9 when keep Britain tidy was educated at school and I remember wherever we went my mother bagging up the picnic and taking it all home. To throw something out the window was a no no. To see pictures in the daily mail of the uk, to me is so shocking so un British. Who do they think clears it up??
To see the grass verge between supreme and india garden , the bottles , crisp packets and other waste is unbelievable. The guys with the strimmers it must be hard work to not know what will be flying in the air.
I suppose its all down to responsibility for your actions which so many ignore nowadays.
Rant over (:Z)

Mollie the cat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Litter exposed with verges being cut

•   Message 2 of 5 in Discussion

Post by Mollie the cat »

This country is a real pig sty unfortunately.

snd1966
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 5 in Discussion

Post by snd1966 »

Mollie the cat wrote:
Wed 07 Apr 2021 5:50 pm
This country is a real pig sty unfortunately.
Not just this country unfortunately

MikeK
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 5 in Discussion

Post by MikeK »

I remember the "Animated public information clips" on the TV, growing up in the 60's. The message from all of them has always stayed in my mind to this day. The one about motorway driving, hogging the middle lane, the weaver bird and the seagulls flying around the drivers head.
The follow the country code and the one about "Mike he swims like a fish, learn to swim. All very basic but with a powerful message but it worked. Also, when out and about with my parents if any of us dropped any litter we would get bawled at to pick it up before it even landed on the floor. ($$)

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 5 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Not a lot of chance here with local population who seem to think it is beneath them to pick up their rubbish and take it home. Picnic areas are a good example - broken bottles, plastic bags and take-away polystyrene trays. I have travelled behind a police car with a bottle of water and ciggy stubs being thrown out of the window - good example aye!! It is very hard to understand how they fought for their country (here in the North in particular) yet do not want to look after it.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”