Post by ardstrawray »

Any update un the border opening.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Border

•   Message 2 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

For what? You may need to be a bit more specific than that if you expect a reliable answer. They are open now under certain circumstances dependant on PCR tests and or quarantine. People regularly travel across for work, medical treatment or flights. If you mean to go shopping then I think the answer is not for some time.

ardstrawray
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 9 in Discussion

Post by ardstrawray »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 6:26 am
For what? You may need to be a bit more specific than that if you expect a reliable answer. They are open now under certain circumstances dependant on PCR tests and or quarantine. People regularly travel across for work, medical treatment or flights. If you mean to go shopping then I think the answer is not for some time.
Thinking more flying into Paphos and crossing border to Girne

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Art »

Is it difficult to cross over to the South to pick up a flight.

I normally travel from Ercan but really getting fed up with TA changing flight times etc.

Thsnks

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

ardstrawray wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 7:49 am
Chriswright03 wrote:
Mon 12 Apr 2021 6:26 am
Thinking more flying into Paphos and crossing border to Girne
It is possible to do that now as I say with certain conditions. There are Taxi drivers here who will do it and take you to quarantine. If you are talking about in the future when 'hopefully' quarantine is not required then you may also want to consider that the Greeks may give you 90 days visa which would mean that if you overstay or fly back out via Ercan you will be fined next time you try and cross the border.

Rules are changing all the time and the rules are often different on both sides. It is difficult to plan anything with this uncertainty.

Art
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Art »

Has anyone been fined or prevented from flying from Larnaca whilst going through the border control process at the airport.?

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 9 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

That is exactly what I also need to know.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 9 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I imagine had anyone been fined the internet and social media would be awash with it and it isn't. There always has to be a first.

We all know that the Greeks can do this and because of their attitude towards the North may well do at some point. It is well discussed that if they decide to do this they risk the chance of losing the people travelling into Larnaca or Paphos and travelling North. Will the airlines cope with that loss of trade? Will they be able to put pressure on the Government in the South to prevent this? Truth is none of us know and only time will tell.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 9 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

I think that a lot will depend on the results, if any,of the upcoming talks.
They do have a tendency to throw the toys out of the pram when things don't go their way.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”