General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Stevie C
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Full Kocan cost

•   Message 1 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Stevie C »

Does anyone know the current cost for getting your house put on your shared Kocan?

Regards

Stevie

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Full Kocan cost

•   Message 2 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

You've opened a real can of worms there. We've been quoted anything between 5,000 - 7,000 pounds. A goodly proportion of that I believe was to assorted personnel to move up the queue and cast a blind eye if necessary. All this was years ago and so have given up the ghost on it. BTW, has your plot been "parcelised" yet?

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

Hi Stevie , i have a Local Turkish Cypriot friend who is a conveyancing lawyer.
she is very good and i have bought a few properties and she has done all the legal work for us.

PM me and i will send you her details and you can discuss it with her and she will sort you out with a good price as well.

She is 100% trustworthy and i personally vouch and recommend her !

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 14 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Nobody can give a price without investigating your particular circumstances which involves looking at what drawings/permissions/visas already exist & how this corresponds to what has actually been built - no deviation from the original plans is acceptable. Also whether the land has been parcelised or not if several owners they all have to sign applications & there are fees involved.. If it has to be redrawn only the original architect can do it or give their authority to another architect.
If you are interested I will PM contact details of a guy who can advise you & give you a quotation he has done work for us & will actually do what he promises at a reasonable cost.
Lawyers do not get directly involved with this type of work as it is not their speciality unless you need litigation.

dwr
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 14 in Discussion

Post by dwr »

We have been waiting 15 years for our Koran. We are still waiting and paying!

dwr
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 14 in Discussion

Post by dwr »

We have been waiting 15 years for our Kocan. We are still waiting and paying!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

We've been waiting 17 years and stopped paying. Sadly the system has beaten us.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 14 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

That is very sad there are many unscrupulous people who offer to ‘help’ for a price but do not achieve any results a lot of us have been down that road!

Adybalfor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Adybalfor »

Yep, we`ve paid many and 16 years later no kocan.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 14 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I wonder if these "people" have any any consciences at all or whether they go home and say to their family "well I rooked another Expat family out of half their savings today. It's money for old rope" Or whatever the Turkish is?

Maisiemoo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Maisiemoo »

We were so lucky, our builder oversaw the parcelisation and we just collected our kocan from his office. We didn't have to pay one penny extra either.

Saddique
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Saddique »

OZANKOYS .......I do hope your response of offer to help for a price is not directed to me.
Like i said in my post and to state the obvious , all investigations and research work has to be done in order to ascertain any costs . Nobody does work for free in any country.
My wife is a retired UK lawyer and she praises the knowledge , professionalism and efficiency of our TRNC lawyer.
I was simply recommending an honest lawyer who i have dealt with here in TRNC after buying 3 properties here and it all went smoothly.
I see you have done the same by recommending your contact as well.

and thats the whole point of this forum , to help each other out with knowledge , contacts / recommendations , processes, rules etc. etc.

ozankoys
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 14 in Discussion

Post by ozankoys »

Saddique maybe you should read my post more carefully I have not said I would help anybody for a price merely pass on the contact details of a person who can successfully obtain Final Approval at a pre advised cost IF it is possible for it to be achieved.
Unfortunately some people will never be able to secure it for their properties and have thrown good money after bad on the strength of false promises.

Medjoul1
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 14 in Discussion

Post by Medjoul1 »

Given up hope of ever getting our Kocan because I'm not going to pay the extortiate amount that the 'builder' is trying to blackmail us for, and yes, the law allows him to do this.
Sadly many people have given in and paid so he isn't in a position to negotiate or lower his demands he can just sit it out. Yes, before you ask I've been through the legal channels to no effect and the last 'lawyer' advised to pay up!

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”