General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

gates
Business contributing to forum

Trying to send money uk

•   Message 1 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

If you trying to send money to uk i am trying to transfer to here so instead of us both pay give me cash lira or stg i will put in the uk account help us both out text me on 05338433001

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Trying to send money uk

•   Message 2 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

You could not afford my exchange rate let alone giving any bank details to an unverified third-party!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 3 of 10 in Discussion

Post by erol »

I have done this before , via the forum and it makes perfect sense. Nor is there any 'exchange rate' involved. I had sterling cash here that I wanted to be in my UK bank account. I found someone via the forum who had sterling in a UK bank account but wanted it as cash here. They came round to my house and transferred sterling from their UK account to mine, instant and free and I handed over the same amount in sterling cash to them. Job done , instant fees free transfer. It all makes perfect sense to me and any time I prevent a bank from making money on a transaction like this I consider it worth a little effort and even a tiny amount of risk.

Gates I do know someone right now who could be a counterparty for you but I did promise to let the person I did it with before know if I was in a position to move more in the future, so ill need to check with them first. If that person is out there then please contact me - am so sorry have forgotten your kibkom name.

manyworlds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 10 in Discussion

Post by manyworlds »

Offering Money transfer for other people is a serious business, you can get caught up in all sort of tax, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism regulations if you're not careful!

erol
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 5 of 10 in Discussion

Post by erol »

manyworlds wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 11:16 am
Offering Money transfer for other people is a serious business, you can get caught up in all sort of tax, anti-money laundering and anti-terrorism regulations if you're not careful!
You are right but I would argue that my 'know your customer' compliance is far superior of that of the banks in the right cases. So for example I would be happy to be a counter party with gates even though I do not know him personally because I have known of him for 15 plus years. The chance of him being a money launderer or a terrorist pretending to have been a builder here for last 15 plus years is next to zero imo. Similarly there are people here I would not get involved in such a deal with, because I know them.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 10 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

erol wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 12:36 pm
Similarly there are people here I would not get involved in such a deal with, because I know them.
No need to get personal :)

gates

•   Message 7 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

It’s an evey day event what’s going on. All i am trying to do is get a little bit of my money here instead of there you give your account no out lots of time. Some people?

Studleyjupiter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Studleyjupiter »

erol wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 5:31 am
I have done this before , via the forum and it makes perfect sense. Nor is there any 'exchange rate' involved. I had sterling cash here that I wanted to be in my UK bank account. I found someone via the forum who had sterling in a UK bank account but wanted it as cash here. They came round to my house and transferred sterling from their UK account to mine, instant and free and I handed over the same amount in sterling cash to them. Job done , instant fees free transfer. It all makes perfect sense to me and any time I prevent a bank from making money on a transaction like this I consider it worth a little effort and even a tiny amount of risk.

Gates I do know someone right now who could be a counterparty for you but I did promise to let the person I did it with before know if I was in a position to move more in the future, so ill need to check with them first. If that person is out there then please contact me - am so sorry have forgotten your kibkom name.
Hi Erol it was me who did the above transaction with you.
I bought some books from Karen on the KAR Bookstore a few weeks ago and did ask her to day hi....I will pop in to see you .👍🙏

Studleyjupiter
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 10 in Discussion

Post by Studleyjupiter »

gates wrote:
Thu 22 Apr 2021 2:21 pm
It’s an evey day event what’s going on. All i am trying to do is get a little bit of my money here instead of there you give your account no out lots of time. Some people?
Hi Gates Pm me and let me know how much you want to swap.👍🙏

gates

•   Message 10 of 10 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Pm u or text me 05338433001

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”