General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

bugsy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Water filter systems

•   Message 1 of 13 in Discussion

Post by bugsy »

Hi has anyone had a water filter system fitted if so are you pleased with it and how much was it .thanks

Eric7622
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Water filter systems

•   Message 2 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Eric7622 »

We got one from Domart in Alasncak. Price was around 3500tl fitted. Very pleased with it. We got it fitted in the bottom of the wardrobes in an adjacent room. Does the drinking water at the kitchen sink and also the ice maker on the fridge. Not a great flow rate but no more humping the bottles. Will try and post a picture.

bugsy
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 13 in Discussion

Post by bugsy »

Was thinking of one that fits on side of water tanks has 3 bottles with filters in

thornaby
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 13 in Discussion

Post by thornaby »

The consideration has to be , the cost of the initial installation, the cost of regular maintenance ( filers etc) and the cost of repairs if needed compared to the cost of the 19 litre bottles bought either from a supermarket or delivered direct to your home. I considered a R. O. (reverse osmosis) installation for which I had experience and decided on balance it just wasn't worth it. Of course you could say is how safe is the bottled water? Research it and make a judgement.

PapaBravo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 13 in Discussion

Post by PapaBravo »

We had a filter system fitted around 6 years ago - never regretted it. A reservoir and a filter unit under the kitchen sink feed filtered drinking water to a tap on the sink and to the water cooler using microbore plastic tubing along the skirting. Once fitted, the filtered water was tested with the supplied tester and showed green, while the bottled water showed red when tested.
Cant remember what the installation cost, but the man comes every 12 months to change the 5 water filters (about 400 TL). Pure water on tap and no heavy bottles to hump - what's not to like? I haven't done a cost analysis, but even if the filter system proves to be more expensive I still prefer it for the quality of the water and the convenience.

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

10tl for delivered 19lt water bottles for drinking & ice making fridge seems the most economical to me. Shower, dish washing-up & laundry water from the tank of no importance, even tap teeth-washing water is fine as you should never gaggle nor swallow after brush clean, just let the toothpaste residue rest in the mouth after spitting out excess mouth water.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 13 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I'm with Brinsley on this one. I think far too much fuss is being made re the water here. We're not living half way up the Limpopo river, for goodness sake.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Msg 6 & & - In total agreement the tap water is fine but if you do drink it beware of the high mineral content that "Might" interfere with your bowel movements until you get used to it - lol. For the lat 14 years we have stuck to 19Lt bottles for drinking/making tea/coffee but for everything else, including washing veg, we use the mains water. My biggest concern has always been the turn over of water in the tanks - ever checked for residue of lizard? Common sence needed and the remembrance that at times the water is switched off and you may even have to use your backup tank as well - how long ago did you change that or even clean the tank out?
I think there maybe an advantage with water from a filter system not carrying all the general gravel and sand that seems to get into the water supply but for me that is a small price to pay - regular cleaning of all the taps, shower heads and not forgetting the biannual flushing of any plastic pipe work has become part of daily life for us. Big benefits from the whole thing is that we don't live in the UK anymore.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

gates
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 9 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gates »

I now go to water machine in village 2tl fill 19ltr bottle cheap as chips. Got mains water so not coming from tank for teeth boiling whatever great no pump no problems

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 13 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

gates, lucky you, first to have a water machine in the village most of all to have mains water that you can depend on. We have mains water that we can depend on BUT we can only depend on it being switched off for days at a time - lol.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

gates

•   Message 11 of 13 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Esentepe like that but here been off 3 separate days since last October really good

Mozgor
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 13 in Discussion

Post by Mozgor »

SIBA quoted me 1700TL for one, now I’m not sure if it’s fitted or not.
B1C2B5DA-4F90-4742-8735-0B11DAD64AC2.jpeg

daneliaukw
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 13 in Discussion

Post by daneliaukw »

The iSpring WGB21B whole-house water filtration system comes highly recommended. It's a fantastic product that works well as a whole-house filter. We have a well that provides excellent water, but it is murky and has an unpleasant taste owing to iron. Our water has improved since we installed the iSpring system.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”