General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Swimming pool channel grating

•   Message 1 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Has anyone bought these lately? I was quoted 450pounds yesterday by SIBA to replace all the the grating on our 10 x 5 pool. (Not including fitting and the very basic design) Seems a bit pricey to me. To save me trudging from place to place in this heat any assistance would be helpful.

come_on_aylin
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Swimming pool channel grating

•   Message 2 of 18 in Discussion

Post by come_on_aylin »

Yes we bought from Pooltech a few weeks ago, 28m plus corners, worked out around £272. It's the newer type, not the straight line type, 25cm width - we will fit ourselves.

See here for prices https://www.kibrishavuzmarket.com/25-cm ... le-pmu2292

PS they weigh about twice the amount of our old ones

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Thanks come_on_aylin. Went to Pooltech this morning. They are sold out of the newer type. What they have in the shop are reserved for someone else. They are expecting another delivery in 3 - 4 weeks and have duly ordered - hope that's not a TRNC 3-4 week timing. He assured me it would not be!!

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 18 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

It might be cost effective to fit the new granite type gratings? Over time it will probably prove cheaper, less troublesome and looks a whole lot better?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 18 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

RAZR63 wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 10:30 pm
It might be cost effective to fit the new granite type gratings? Over time it will probably prove cheaper, less troublesome and looks a whole lot better?
We have stone grating, chosen for the look and because lifespan should substantially exceed plastic. However, do not be fooled into thinking stone is stronger than plastic. Friends of ours replaced their plastic gratings with stone only to find after a summer of fun around the pool many of the stone gratings had cracked.

Straight edge pools work fine in stone. Roman ends or curves are problematic. Yes, some stone merchants can offer to bespoke shape the stone gratings, at a not insignificant extra cost.

Taking out stone gratings to clear / clean the gullies is something else to consider. Bloody heavy and tiresome after you have carefully lifted out the first 10 gratings and there are 100 or so more to do...
libens volens potens

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 18 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

Thanks for the info and agree with your points. I have seen a few of these, good and bad. If they are not laid evenly they are suspect to cracking. I suspect that they weren't laid on an even surface and thus susceptible to cracking. I have seen others done correctly and no cracking. Yes you need to clean them but IMO I reckon they the look and longevity out way the plastic tiles which eventually corrode and contaminate your pool.

TAC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 18 in Discussion

Post by TAC »

What would be a rough price for the stone gratings please
I'm leaving now to go find myself....if I arrive before I get back, please ask me to wait!

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

RAZR63 wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 11:02 pm
Thanks for the info and agree with your points. I have seen a few of these, good and bad. If they are not laid evenly they are suspect to cracking. I suspect that they weren't laid on an even surface and thus susceptible to cracking. I have seen others done correctly and no cracking. Yes you need to clean them but IMO I reckon they the look and longevity out way the plastic tiles which eventually corrode and contaminate your pool.
If the stone can crack creating sharp edges that could cause serious injuries I would not consider it. If stainless steel grates were available that might interest me.

The new ones COA posted about are a much much better quality of plastic, not the resinous plastic that goes brittle and crumbles.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 18 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I once ran my finger along a broken piece of a stone grill and it was as sharp as a shard of glass. Not for us particularly with a Roman end. I think the price being quoted for the new UV plastic wavy design including two corners is perfectly fine. This will be the third new set we have had in 17 years and is OK with us. (including the set installed when pool first built. )

Groucho
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Groucho »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sun 02 May 2021 12:07 pm
I once ran my finger along a broken piece of a stone grill and it was as sharp as a shard of glass. Not for us particularly with a Roman end. I think the price being quoted for the new UV plastic wavy design including two corners is perfectly fine. This will be the third new set we have had in 17 years and is OK with us. (including the set installed when pool first built. )

Pooltech have never let us down and the quote included 4 corners.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Groucho we were offered four corners but only two on our pool are standard angles. Hopefully the 3 - 4 weeks for next delivery is more or less accurate!! Certainly won't ever get another quote from SIBA.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 18 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

Try Pools R Us - they have a selection of channel grating at different prices and usually have them in stock.
Can be found in Alsancak on the left hand side as you go towards Lapta, just after the Starling Supermarket (Lapta end).
Tel: 0533 867 5470
You can WhatsApp Emine for a quote.
Good luck, hope you find what you want at a reasonable price.

POOLTECH
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 13 of 18 in Discussion

Post by POOLTECH »

Hi All,
We had stock until recently but have sold a lot in the past month. Seemingly due to our good price.
We do have the 'classic' design in stock, but this newer type design is very popular and it sold out quickly.
We have re-ordered a good amount of this new design and I will post again on here once it arrives in stock.
Thank you very much
Joanna

POOLTECH
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 14 of 18 in Discussion

Post by POOLTECH »

Hi All,
Just to let you know, as promised, that we are now fully re-stocked with both designs of overflow grille / gratings.
Along with all other things swimming pool related.
Thank you very much.
Joanna

gripon
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 18 in Discussion

Post by gripon »

Cost please for new grills, pool 6mtr x 12mtr

POOLTECH
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 16 of 18 in Discussion

Post by POOLTECH »

Here’s is a link to the overflow grilles / gratings on the POOLTECH website.

https://www.kibrishavuzmarket.com/izgar ... ings-pmk50

1st - You’ll need to measure the width of your overflow channel. Most common widths are either 20cm or 25cm.
2nd - Choose the design you’d like (New square design or Classic design).
3rd - Enter how many meters in total you will need.
The prices shown are per meter including KDV.
Alternatively WhatsApp the shop number for a quotation 0533 833 8033.
Regards
POOLTECH

sammydavis
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 18 in Discussion

Post by sammydavis »

Has anyone had the coloured grilles ie with blue or green pattern on them? I wondered how long the colouring would last due to chlorine and sun, anybody any idea please?

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 18 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

CB8E1A36-2580-4A75-9A04-DDDA2831BB04.jpeg
Available south side, Strovolos, Nicosia. Alpaco Domica Ltd.

If you know a TC who crosses in their private plate vehicle, maybe they can collect on your behalf.

There is some unsubstantiated chatter around taxis possibly being checked by customs. All l know is a TC crossing daily has not being subjected to customs checks.
Attachments
55C00965-F67E-4517-843F-5A4B60405503.jpeg
libens volens potens

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”