General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

DieHard
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Renewing residency

•   Message 1 of 20 in Discussion

Post by DieHard »

Do you get notification that your residency is due to be renewed, how long before renewal date should you go to the police station with documents?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Renewing residency

•   Message 2 of 20 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

DieHard wrote:
Fri 30 Apr 2021 8:01 am
Do you get notification that your residency is due to be renewed, how long before renewal date should you go to the police station with documents?
No you don't get renewal reminder.
You have to apply online about 2/4 weeks before it expires. You don't go to the police station until you get an appointment date/time.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 20 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Surely its stamped in your passport when you have to renew. One other question on my behalf. As we have NEVER needed as yet to apply for anything on line, have all the doors been firmly shut against doing it any other way?

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 20 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 30 Apr 2021 12:10 pm
Surely its stamped in your passport when you have to renew. One other question on my behalf. As we have NEVER needed as yet to apply for anything on line, have all the doors been firmly shut against doing it any other way?
Because of covid, it has to be applied for online.

dippersgirl
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 20 in Discussion

Post by dippersgirl »

I did not get a reminder and I also did not get an appointment for the police station

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 20 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Last year we conducted our residency applications online. In a few days we expect to commence the renewal process online.

Last year we received our police station appointments through SMS - as a part of the online residency application.

We expect our renewals this year to closely follow last years process.
libens volens potens

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 20 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I'm hoping come the end of August that we can go back to the old system, which wasn't bad at all the last couple of times. Obviously not back as far as the bad old days, when you virtually lost a day of your life and the will to live.

leester polfus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 20 in Discussion

Post by leester polfus »

Sorry to side track slightly but has anyone had a problem making final payment online? Just logged on to the check status and it's asking me to make payment for my residency but when I click on the green payment bar at the bottom, it's not responding. Just wondered if it's office hours only, lol!

waterline
Verified Member
Verified Member

•   Message 9 of 20 in Discussion

Post by waterline »

leester polfus wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 6:15 am
Sorry to side track slightly but has anyone had a problem making final payment online? Just logged on to the check status and it's asking me to make payment for my residency but when I click on the green payment bar at the bottom, it's not responding. Just wondered if it's office hours only, lol!
The payment popup is likely being blocked. Provide details on how you are accessing the site and someone may be able to help. My guess would be to use Google Chrome as a solution.
Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans. (John Lennon)

a1sysman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 20 in Discussion

Post by a1sysman »

Back to the Q posed in the OP. No, you do not receive a reminder.

This morning I logged in here, https://permissions.gov.ct.tr/staypermit/login , and the RENEW option was there, bottom left of the current residency document displayed on screen.

Clicking the RENEW option brings up the residency application process, similar to that one needed to complete for first time online residency application.
libens volens potens

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 20 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

I have read that the renew option is only available 21 days before the renewal date.

waddo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 20 in Discussion

Post by waddo »

Has anyone who applied for a one year residency last time tried to renew for two years this time? If so we’re you able to pay for two years State Health insurance? Thanks.
No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 20 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Fri 30 Apr 2021 8:42 pm
I'm hoping come the end of August that we can go back to the old system, which wasn't bad at all the last couple of times.
What?

1. Get a Mukhtar's letter.
2. Go to police station with your stuff and join a scrum
3. Go to hospital to be given a map to the blood clinic.
4. Go to koop bank to pay for blood test.
5. Go to blood clinic for test.
6. Go to blood clinic to get tb checked
7. Go to hospital to pick up results
8. Go to Lefkhosia to pay and get passport stamped
9. I'm sure there's another trip to the police station in there and of course the visit to get the health insurance.

This system when it works.

1. Get mukhtar's letter
2. Apply online and get sent a police appointment rather than join the scrum.
3. Go to the police
4. Get informed online of your blood clinic and appointment and pay online.
5 Go to blood clinic and have test.
6. Go back to blood clinic to have tb checked.
7. Pay online.

Of course if you like driving around aimlessly there is nothing to stop you driving to ko-op bank, Lefkhosia and the hospital in addition to an extra visit to the police station to sight see.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 20 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Enjoying the sun. Some of us don't have to go through that rigmarole and missed out about five of the requirements on your first example. The last couple of times, there was no scrum, just a half an hour wait, sitting down reading a book. Alternatively, you can pay someone to do it for you if you are that way inclined. Probably better if someone is a total nerd when it comes to computers.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 20 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

benjaminbutton wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 12:12 pm
Enjoying the sun. Some of us don't have to go through that rigmarole and missed out about five of the requirements on your first example.
I can see if you don’t have to do the blood test you can miss a lot of the steps but even so avoiding the schlep to Lefkhosia can only be a good thing?
I think once you have registered, which had a few tripwires in it, (which have been answered on here) it isn’t THAT difficult a task even if you aren’t a Bill Gates.

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 20 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

JoandJelly wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 7:56 am
I have read that the renew option is only available 21 days before the renewal date.
I found that the renewal option came up 21 days before the renewal date

tansycat
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 20 in Discussion

Post by tansycat »

Is there any company or person who can do all this? Find difficult travelling. Thanks in advance

Geoff1131
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 20 in Discussion

Post by Geoff1131 »

Can i ask a question? My residency runs out in October which was a 2 year one. And my UK passport runs out in November. Will i have to change my passport before i apply for my next residency and if so is there somewhere on the on line system to let you change a passport number?

EnjoyingTheSun
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 20 in Discussion

Post by EnjoyingTheSun »

Geoff1131 wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 4:50 pm
Can i ask a question? My residency runs out in October which was a 2 year one. And my UK passport runs out in November. Will i have to change my passport before i apply for my next residency and if so is there somewhere on the on line system to let you change a passport number?
Yes definitely get a new passport. My better half only got 9 months residency because her passport would have expired before the residency run it’s full course
Last edited by EnjoyingTheSun on Sun 02 May 2021 1:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

alphamike
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 20 in Discussion

Post by alphamike »

Geoff1131 wrote:
Sat 01 May 2021 4:50 pm
I would suggest that you apply for a new UK passport before your new residency here is due, save the hassle on getting a short term residency, due to your passport running out. Know that a few folk have been caught out and only given a month/few months, rather than a year, but was only down to their passport running out, and can be sorted out by calling immigration.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”