General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Application for Car Tax online

•   Message 1 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

What should be so simple is causing bedlam. Everything is fine, I typed PP in front of the passport number in force when we purchased the car. However, when I get to the Verification code i.e CARCG, TWSTL or whatever and then press submit, the message comes up saying the Verification code is incorrect. It is CORRECT and has been the 12 other times I've tried. I'm trying not to have to go into the Tax Office, hell hole!!! Any suggestions?

frontalman
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Application for Car Tax online

•   Message 2 of 27 in Discussion

Post by frontalman »

You type P in front of passport not PP. I've just this second done ours online and it was a doddle. I was expecting it to be a nightmare but it was surprisingly easy. You can refresh the verification code, maybe you took too long to enter your details (just a suggestion).

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 3 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

I'll try that Frontalman but the message clearly says the Verification Code that I am retyping is incorrect. I've tried at least 10 times now and each time it says the Verification code is wrong and I can get no further.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

It is the extra P that is the problem. If you change that then it is still not working you know it is that as well. Try it first then come back if it is still a problem. It doesn't matter how many times you try it with the wrong passport number it won't work.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 5 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Now its saying the car doesn't exist. Its only the fourth time I've applied for a new Tax Disc, but in person, without any problems whatsoever. Hate to say it but I can't see any option for a long long wait in this heat at the tax office.

13roman58
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 27 in Discussion

Post by 13roman58 »

Send a message to 1300 giving
Your name
Passport no
Registration number
Date of registry in TRNC
E mail address
They will acknowledge, then use this in the app. Good luck.
Last edited by 13roman58 on Tue 04 May 2021 9:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

forestpixie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 27 in Discussion

Post by forestpixie »

I did mine the other day, had the same problem with the verification code which has also happened in the past. I think I went through 5 codes before it was accepted!

d1cxx
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 8 of 27 in Discussion

Post by d1cxx »

https://online-vergi.gov.ct.tr/gvdos_on ... 396c74a6f7

How to pay for tax disc.
You can only pay for it on, or after the day it is due, NOT BEFORE, you have 1 month to pay for it, or charges start.

Write your licence plate registration in CAPITAL LETTERS without spaces. *****

Your ID Number is the number you first used when registering the car upon purchase. In many cases it is your passport number (The passport you had at the time) preceded by a capital (P) P********* (assuming your passport was used for the initial registration, this ID number will always stay the same from when the car was first registered.)

If you then write **/**/**** (Date the car was FIRST registered, Not the date that you want the tax to start from,) Use the calendar to put the date in, Year, first, then Month, then Day. NOT today's date, you can then login to the system.

Verify with the code at the bottom to prove that you are not a robot.

The details of the car will then come up, and what payment is due.

On the LHS, the first option should be to pay tax, (Akos) click on that, and follow the process.

When you have made payment, an option will come up for you to download, and print.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Well, I finally (with difficulty and help from a TC speaker) got through to the last page i.e. payment (fortunately I took a photograph), typed in financial details which have been accepted but couldn't see anything in English re an option to download or print. Clicked on next page and promptly lost the lot. I don't want to go through the whole rigmarole again and find I've paid twice. BTW, I'm paying a month late, not in advance.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Thought I was doing so well, got to the end, paid my 514tl, clicked on download/print receipt. Only to find I've ended up paying again for last year which expired end of March 2021. I have receipt for last year. My avoiding a trip down to Car Tax office obviously can't be avoided after all!!

Robgee
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 11 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Robgee »

Sophie, I did the same , pressed print and printed last year's receipt. Don't panick. I logged back in and there was the new/current receipt waiting. Printed no problem.
Note: check the amount you just paid with last year's amount. If different then you have not paid twice.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 27 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Went to Tax Office in Girne and they suggest I go to office in Lefkosia. Office say they haven't received money yet, but they might have it tomorrow, also it hasn't left my UK account yet, however it could easily be in "pending" by tomorrow. Lady in Girne very helpful and says if Lefkosia can't sort it out, then jump the queue with the guard on duty on Friday telling him "the lady at No 5 Tax Disc desk wants to see me as soon as I arrive" I thought this was going to be so simple!!

summercyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 27 in Discussion

Post by summercyprus »

just does not work on my pc some reason car or me bike ! WILL NOT TAKE PAYMENT ,,,,,,

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 14 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Glad its not just me summercyprus. People have tried to be helpful on the Forum, but it just doesn't work and instructions/advice varies every time. You can go to Girne very early indeed and find yourself number 25 (surprise surprise) or go about 11ish and still find yourself 150, but only 10 in front of you. Takes your choice. I'm not going Monday again, it does seem to be the worst day. Am a month late now, so I don't know what sort of fine there will be.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

summercyprus wrote:
Sun 09 May 2021 7:15 am
just does not work on my pc some reason car or me bike ! WILL NOT TAKE PAYMENT ,,,,,,
Is that the problem that you get past it all and it will not accept payment? Others I know have ahd this and it is a problem with the card. I have paid by Starling and Revolut without an issue even for my neighbour as it wouldn't accept their local bank card.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 16 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Chriswright03. In my case a bit of both. First time I got to the payment page, no problems, pressed receipt and out came a printed receipt for year 2020 - 2021. i.e. identical receipt to last year. Checked on my UK bank statement and money had gone nowhere, so I didn't lose out. Tried a number of times subsequently and can't get to payment page now. P/P number correct (i.e. book before the present one with a P in front) , first registration of car correct, all details of the car correct, Captcha correct. Have had someone standing over me whilst I type and we can see nothing incorrect. If I'd been able to get to Payment Page again I could have used other Credit Cards and Debit Cards, all from UK banks though, but can't get there. Off to Tax Office with cash in hand next time, plus a fine!!

Sultan
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Sultan »

Maybe I was just lucky, paid mine online with a very small fine last week whilst here in UK. Printed off receipt. The office even sent me the date of car registration which I didn't have over here with me so I could do it online.

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 18 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

I'm getting so stressed about this online application for Car Tax that I broke my own rule and went to offices this Morning (Mon). Got there at 9am only to be told that all numbers had been handed out and no more to be issued. Losing will to live but I'll try and get down there at 8am tomorrow. I know what they are doing, (because I've seen it no end of times) someone is going to the offices really early and taking 10 or 12 numbers. The offices are closed on Thursday and Friday and maybe Monday so tomorrow and Wednesday are going to be hell on earth. I emailed last week the head office in Lefkosa explaining my problem (I'm told they reply very quickly) but haven't had a reply. Someone did suggest that there might be a problem between UK and Turkish keyboard and what looks correct to me isn't coming out correct at the other end!!

benjaminbutton
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 27 in Discussion

Post by benjaminbutton »

Well I've finally made it. It wasn't any fault of mine, but a glitch on my keyboard which is an amended Turkish to English as it were. Taken nearly a couple of week to suss out and a fine of 17tl. Its something I'll have to bare in mind in the future though. Very large G and T needed. Phew!!!

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Pleased you have sorted it at last. I have done my neighbours tax online because they had a problem and I think sometimes it is worth trying a friend to help out as in this case the keyboard issue would have been avoided. Good to know you have it sorted for next time anyway.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 27 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

Sultan wrote:
Sun 09 May 2021 7:49 pm
The office even sent me the date of car registration which I didn't have over here with me so I could do it online.
How did you contact them please?

SATRANÇ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 27 in Discussion

Post by SATRANÇ »

Send an email to [email protected] for any enquiries regarding car tax or vehicle inspection (MOT). They usually respond promptly. Be sure to include your car number plate.
Last edited by SATRANÇ on Wed 08 Sep 2021 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

SATRANÇ
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 23 of 27 in Discussion

Post by SATRANÇ »

*promptly

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 27 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

SATRANÇ wrote:
Tue 07 Sep 2021 7:02 pm
*promptly
You can edit your own post if you need to add anything or correct mistakes. Just look at the top of the post for the edit button which is a pencil icon.

JoandJelly
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 25 of 27 in Discussion

Post by JoandJelly »

SATRANÇ wrote:
Tue 07 Sep 2021 6:58 pm
Send an email to [email protected] for any enquiries regarding car tax or vehicle inspection (MOT). They usually respond promptly. Be sure to include your car number plate.
Thank you.

manyworlds
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 27 in Discussion

Post by manyworlds »

Thankyou for the information from this page. I have a motorbike in TRNC that has been untaxed for 2 years and I was starting to worry about it. All the paperwork is in our apartment there.

I emailed the address from this post ([email protected]) with my name, number plate and bike make / model. The next day, I got a reply with the missing information I needed (date of first registration, my passport number as appeared on the system).

Note that they had my number recorded slightly incorrectly. my number is 5XXXXXXXX and it was recorded on the system as PSXXXXXXX. So they had transposed the 5 for an S.

Made payments via credit card on the online site (about £40 for 2 years, only a 250cc bike!) and account is now clear. There was a tiny amount of interest, no punitive charges.

RAZR63
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 27 of 27 in Discussion

Post by RAZR63 »

I first tried to do mine through my Google Chrome Browser which has NORD VPN. Couldn't get it to accept me. So tried it through Microsoft Edge and worked first time. Not sure if it was the VPN or Chrome Browser that stopped me registering it first time. Always try another Browser if you are having problems registering.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”