General Forum

Moderators: Soner, Dragon, PoshinDevon

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

Well done TRNC Ministry of Health

•   Message 1 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Advertise that 40+ year olds can simply walk in to designated hospitals to have Covid jab between 1 and 4pm.
I called centre to confirm, travelled 40 odd miles to get there only to be told that they were only vaccinating first 50 people, of which limit had already been reached by 12:30pm (time I had arrived). They probably had 100's if not 1000's of people going and leaving unvaccinated.

I take my hat off to the organisers. Well done YOU!
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.
This forum cannot exist without the support of both member and advertiser.
Don't forget to mention Kibkom!

madeincyprus
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

Re: Well done TRNC Ministry of Health

•   Message 2 of 50 in Discussion

Post by madeincyprus »

Same at Girne this morning. Well over 150 people there at 8am waiting to be told only 60 available.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 3 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

You couldn’t make it up.
Support businesses that are supporting the Kibkom Forum - At least contact them for a quote.

Reyntj
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 4 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Reyntj »

Had mine at famagusta just got home! Got there about 12.15 ticket number 11.not complaint but when we got there they where not giving tickets out and my wife got the second ticket when they started she was number 11. So what happened to the first 9 tickets?My wife said a couple turned up after us and then later the same couple had tickets 1 and 2.........and where first in line. It is Cyprus though and just glad to have any vaccine but particularly please it was astra. You get a green card and a second appointment date for 4/8.
Last edited by Reyntj on Tue 04 May 2021 12:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 5 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Reyntj wrote:
Tue 04 May 2021 12:31 pm
Had mine at famagusta just got home!
What time did you get there? I was there 12:30.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 6 of 50 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

I tried Lefkosa today - they were due to start vaccines at 13.00 I got there 12.35 and got ticket 97 of 100.

Apparently they did not expect to the get the level of interest for Astra Zeneca.

The people that were turned away were put on a list for tomorrow

I had to wait a couple of hours ....

Brinsley
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 7 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Brinsley »

All Government Department Ministers must have watched too many episodes of 'Death in Paradise' !!!!

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 8 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Tue 04 May 2021 5:11 pm
I tried Lefkosa today - they were due to start vaccines at 13.00 I got there 12.35 and got ticket 97 of 100.

Apparently they did not expect to the get the level of interest for Astra Zeneca.

The people that were turned away were put on a list for tomorrow

I had to wait a couple of hours ....
At least they had the sense to put rest of people on a list for next day. This was not the case in Famagusta. Now I wonder how early I need to get there to get on the list as probably everyone else will be thinking the same. Will leave it for a couple of days before attempting again.

Catlover
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 9 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Catlover »

My friend and I arrived at Girne hospital at 7:45 and luckily there was a gentleman there who had the initiative to start taking names and allocating numbers straight away. We were 18 and 19 but by just after 8am there must have been about 100 people there!!
They announced there would only be 60 vaccinations available so the gentleman with the list then proceeded to collect contact information from those with numbers higher than 60 and they were advised to come tomorrow morning.

There were a few very disgruntled people but on the whole most people seemed to understand the problems.
Social distancing was a little issue but there was space to move away.

Once inside, the vaccination team worked extremely efficiently, so thank you to all who did their best to ensure the process ran as smoothly as possible.
And a very big thank you to the gentleman who started the list - you did an excellent job!!!

Advice to anyone going tomorrow or later this week..... get there early!!!!!

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 10 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

Why did they have to change the appointment system? It worked very well. When I went a few weeks ago there was only a couple of people sitting outside the vaccination room and one man inside. I handed my passport in. They checked the details and I had the vaccination. In and out in 20 minutes and 15 minutes of that was sitting and waiting to make sure I didn’t have immediate side effects.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 11 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

I'm reckon they lost track of who to vaccinate. This was an easy way out, "let's do everyone".

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 12 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I think they are trying to do as many as possible in order to try and control the virus here. They are struggling at the moment to keep the figures down and that will inevitably delay the chances of tourism being resumed. Yes the organisation could do with some tweaking but at least they are trying.

Hector
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 13 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Hector »

So long as it's not the Chinese vaccine

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... waves.html

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 14 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Wed 05 May 2021 12:49 pm
I think they are trying to do as many as possible in order to try and control the virus here. They are struggling at the moment to keep the figures down and that will inevitably delay the chances of tourism being resumed. Yes the organisation could do with some tweaking but at least they are trying.
No, it's bad organisation by politicians that puts pressure on medical staff, and inconvenience to the "patients". Trying hard to get some tourism in by summer, but lacking in logical thinking to implement procedures. No need to tweak if correct sensible decisions are made in the first instance.

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 15 of 50 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

They are still using the appointment system too, have received our appointments for next Tuesday at Lapta Clinic.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 16 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

steveodp wrote:
Wed 05 May 2021 5:47 pm
They are still using the appointment system too, have received our appointments for next Tuesday at Lapta Clinic.
That's really good to hear. That seemed to be working well and was organised. Glad to hear it has not been abandoned.
Thanks for the info.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 17 of 50 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Very very well done to the TRNChealth department we had an appointment in Lapta at 9am turned up on time gave nice lady passport and asked if we could have the Astro Zenica jab. Nice lady said we only have Sinovac but if you go to Camlibel they have A/Z arrived 9.45 had jab and left 10.15 including 20 minute wait in case we had side effects. Had a lovely lunch and a walk around so better than mist countries especially the eu.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 18 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

terry2366 wrote:
Wed 05 May 2021 6:52 pm
....so better than mist countries especially the eu.
be nice to the EU.. because they supplied the vaccine for you!!!

and do not forget that vaccination roll out in the TRNC is well behind the EU schedule. you have been just lucky.

sophie
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 19 of 50 in Discussion

Post by sophie »

Terry2362, a number of us went to Lefkosia weeks and weeks ago (maybe two months because we heard to AZ was on offer (and it was) so had our two jabs weeks and weeks ago. You just have to keep your ear to the ground as to what is on offer and where. No official announcements.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 20 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Soner wrote:
Wed 05 May 2021 3:30 pm
Chriswright03 wrote:
Wed 05 May 2021 12:49 pm
No, it's bad organisation by politicians that puts pressure on medical staff, and inconvenience to the "patients". Trying hard to get some tourism in by summer, but lacking in logical thinking to implement procedures. No need to tweak if correct sensible decisions are made in the first instance.
I accept what you say Soner but the way the Government here is made up of many different parties who seem unable to agree on much would you expect anything else? On the whole I think the rollout has been very good and is being tweaked as posts above suggest. To be fair it is a monumental task to organise and I for one wouldn't think that any of the Council of Ministers have any real life experience of having to make decisions like they are with the problems they face. It is a difficult situation that will continue to create problems for some time but on the whole I think the response has been as good as we could expect.

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 21 of 50 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

Kibsolar cant agree about the eu in Germany I couldn't get near a jab nor could my partner.and Merkel was at one take trying to ban the AZ jab. No we applied here three weeks ago and got it yesterday

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 22 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Chris Wright,
You think they are doing a good job, so do you know what percentage of the population they have vaccinated? I can’t find the figures anywhere.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 23 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

Given up the will to live. Went again today at 11:15, only to be told the list was full and to come back on the 17th May. Forget it, will not bother.
Ashamed to be Turkish Cypriot. They couldn't organise a party in a brewery.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 24 of 50 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

They have Astra Zeneca at Girne hospital today and there is hardly any queues...

My partner just walked down there and there was only a few people in the queue.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 25 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Thu 06 May 2021 10:23 am
They have Astra Zeneca at Girne hospital today and there is hardly any queues...

My partner just walked down there and there was only a few people in the queue.
Would be too late for me to get there now. I believe they were vaccinating between 8-1pm.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 26 of 50 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Soner - it’s from 08.30 till 13.00 they are doing them tomorrow as my partner had a number for tomorrow but managed to get it done now.

I would get there around 11.00 - it’s around the back the older building next to the hospital ...

If you go to back of hospital they give you an appointment but go to building next door.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 27 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Thu 06 May 2021 10:29 am
Soner - it’s from 08.30 till 13.00 they are doing them tomorrow as my partner had a number for tomorrow but managed to get it done now.

I would get there around 11.00 - it’s around the back the older building next to the hospital ...

If you go to back of hospital they give you an appointment but go to building next door.
Is it the Akçiçek Hospital?

AFC
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 28 of 50 in Discussion

Post by AFC »

Is this only for the Astra Zenica one though?

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 29 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Brazen wrote:
Thu 06 May 2021 9:00 am
Chris Wright,
You think they are doing a good job, so do you know what percentage of the population they have vaccinated? I can’t find the figures anywhere.
as soner, i beliveve that the TCs lost track completely.

they have no clue about the figures of the +80, +70, +60, + 50 aso and also not about the eg, 0-50 year old..
and they also have no clue of how many of them got jabs...

there is this registration website... https://asibilgisistemi.com/
scroll down and you see: vaccination numbers have been updated last on 23rd of April!!

it says approx 110k doses given, approx 50k twice = 100k + 10k one shot, waiting for 2nd.
as sinovac is nearly without any protection after the first shot, we can count approx 50k = 13-15% of the population as "vaccinated".

so, it seem to be "crazy" to release Astra for +40 and without appointment.

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 30 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Thu 06 May 2021 11:01 am
Brazen wrote:
Chris Wright,
as soner, i beliveve that the TCs lost track completely.

they have no clue about the figures of the +80, +70, +60, + 50 aso and also not about the eg, 0-50 year old..
and they also have no clue of how many of them got jabs...

there is this registration website... https://asibilgisistemi.com/
scroll down and you see: vaccination numbers have been updated last on 23rd of April!!

it says approx 110k doses given, approx 50k twice = 100k + 10k one shot, waiting for 2nd.
as sinovac is nearly without any protection after the first shot, we can count approx 50k = 13-15% of the population as "vaccinated".

so, it seem to be "crazy" to release Astra for +40 and without appointment.
Thanks. Those figures are close to the 15% that someone told me and didn’t believe on the basis that they are far lower than the EU’s roll out which has been abysmal.
In my opinion they cannot organise anything because they have never needed to; they have relied on Turkey since 1974 to do everything for them.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 31 of 50 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Yes it’s the Akcicek Hospital

Yes Astra Zeneca

terry2366
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 32 of 50 in Discussion

Post by terry2366 »

terry2366 wrote:
Thu 06 May 2021 8:29 am
Kibsolar cant agree about the eu in Germany I couldn't get near a jab nor could my partner.and Merkel was at one stage trying to ban the AZ jab. No we applied here three weeks ago and got it yesterday

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 33 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Brazen wrote:
Chris Wright,
182597921_298355888458175_1162362083711147051_n.jpg
This is taken from Facebook and the figures are published daily. I can not vouch for their accuracy of course.

In response to the many who seem to think my opinion is wrong I would just point out other opinions are available. This is not a big organised Country with a NHS system. Many of the hospitals have been inundated worlwide with the demand on them with Covid on top of the daily issues they all face. I think the staff are doing as well as they can with the limited resources. If they are let down by the posers that be then that is not their fault but to listen to some you would think it is.

kedikat2903
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 34 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kedikat2903 »

If there is no appointment system now andy it seems it’s first come, first served I would advise people to get there as early as possible. Before it opens if possible

Brazen
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 35 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Brazen »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Fri 07 May 2021 6:41 am
Brazen wrote:
Chris Wright,
182597921_298355888458175_1162362083711147051_n.jpg

This is taken from Facebook and the figures are published daily. I can not vouch for their accuracy of course.

In response to the many who seem to think my opinion is wrong I would just point out other opinions are available. This is not a big organised Country with a NHS system. Many of the hospitals have been inundated worlwide with the demand on them with Covid on top of the daily issues they all face. I think the staff are doing as well as they can with the limited resources. If they are let down by the posers that be then that is not their fault but to listen to some you would think it is.
Very interesting, but of course it doesn’t give figures of the number fully vaccinated. With a population of about 450,000 the 110k vaccinations can only fully protect about 12%. However, some have only had 1 jab so the number fully protected will be much lower, but we don’t know these figures.

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 36 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Is the population as high as that? I was led to believe it was in the 300 thousand area. In any event even with one jab you are partly protected. Not only that. the vaccine does not prevent you from contacting the virus nor passing it on if you do. All it does is make your chances of survival better.

I think we are getting a little tied up here with the understandable frustration of those that have yet to manage to be vaccinated. We had both of ours some time ago (over 60) but we are still well aware that we have to do what we can to ensure the best we can of our own safety.

If you look at the table I posted you will see that our test/positive figures are much worse than the UK but nowhere near as bad as the South or Turkey. There is no end in sight for this in the foreseeable future whether we are vaccinated or not. I have only been on the Island for a short time but given the infrastructure they have and the unprecedented circumstances I still think they are doing a good job. That isn't to say it couldn't be better but of course it isn't a perfect world.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 37 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

1. see the FB pic: "cases per 100k" = 14,13. 54 cases = they count with 382 k "inhabitants".
2. they know very well that Sinovacs 1st jab does not give any protection (only 3%) and give the second shot after 3 or 4 weeks...
3. on the website i supplied (https://asibilgisistemi.com/) , they give total (109.490), first (60.642) and second (48.848) shot numbers.
updated last time 23.04.2021!! why?

so, as of 23.4.21, 12,79% of the "inhabitants" are "fully" protected and a further 3,1% (11.794 people) got their first shot.

4. of course some vaccines (approx 20k till now, biontech and A/Z) was supplied from the EU (also made available for some brexiteers and EU bashers...), which makes the situation a bit better.
5. but we have to take in consideration that most of the inhabitants are and most probably will be jabbed with sinovac and therefore basically 90-100% to achieve herd immunity is needed.
a long way to go... today its May, the 7th.....

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 38 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Where is the link to show that Sinovac is only 3% effective after the first dose? There has been a lot of discussion about how effective any of them are but truth be told no one really knows. Some of it depends on what strain you are dealing with I guess.

Yes there is a long way to go but does anyone who has been here for any length of time expect it to happen overnight?

gates
Business contributing to forum
Business contributing to forum

•   Message 39 of 50 in Discussion

Post by gates »

Yes got to say they really did the job. Had my 2nd phiser jab today at Iskele took 3mins 4 people in line great

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 40 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Thu 06 May 2021 12:57 pm
Yes it’s the Akcicek Hospital

Yes Astra Zeneca
Thank you Ijarvo, I managed to get vaccinated this morning 9am. Got there for 7:15am and there was already a queue of 15 people. I was told that today was the last day of AZ non appointment vaccinations in Girne.

ljarvo
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 41 of 50 in Discussion

Post by ljarvo »

Thank you Ijarvo, I managed to get vaccinated this morning 9am. Got there for 7:15am and there was already a queue of 15 people. I was told that today was the last day of AZ non appointment vaccinations in Girne.
[/quote]

That’s good news - congratulations pleased for you.... Wait for the dead arm later !

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 42 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

ljarvo wrote:
Fri 07 May 2021 1:36 pm
That’s good news - congratulations pleased for you.... Wait for the dead arm later !
[/quote]

Got the headache already. So happy that I managed to get vaccinated. May still be running around if it was not for your post. Now, I have been vaccinated with the same vaccine (AZ) which was administered to my wife in Gecitkale over a month ago. Wanted it to be same so we had no issues if and when we start to travel again.

:+1:) (:()) (8))

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 43 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Fri 07 May 2021 12:39 pm
Where is the link to show that Sinovac is only 3% effective after the first dose?
A study of the Sinovac rollout by the University of Chile reported that the vaccine was 56.5% effective two weeks after second doses were administered in the country. However, they also reported that one dose was just 3% effective (rising to 27.7% within two weeks of the second dose, and 56.5% two weeks later)

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 44 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

Thanks for that kibsolar. Interesting as it is I have read so many Covid related opinions in recent months much of it contradictory it really is difficult to accept any of it as fact. I suspect if ten other Universities tested it they would produce ten different results. We had Sinovac because it was all that was offered at that time. Would I have had any of the others had they been available? Probably but I had what I had and I guess I will just have to see what happens.

In the good news department I see the overnight figures were much better.

183448162_298965488397215_8546443798106048333_n.jpg

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 45 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

Chriswright03 wrote:
Sat 08 May 2021 6:34 am
Thanks for that kibsolar. Interesting as it is I have read so many Covid related opinions in recent months much of it contradictory it really is difficult to accept any of it as fact. I suspect if ten other Universities tested it they would produce ten different results. We had Sinovac because it was all that was offered at that time. Would I have had any of the others had they been available? Probably but I had what I had and I guess I will just have to see what happens.
In the good news department I see the overnight figures were much better.
oh yes, a 50% drop in one day... fantastic.
of course the NC people have to take what they can get. they must be nice, otherwise they would not get any vaccines (except EU) and money.
(so much about the 5+1 talks)

Turkey had the possibility to get Sputnik, they refused (now, as sinovac has delivery problems... reviewed, incl a sputnik production plant later on ..)
after that TR (and university) presented the best efficiency values for Sinovac worldwide. must be a success story. uni headmasters are now directly appointed by the president.

so, be careful, sinovac does protect you 84% only from severe disease incl death (EMA approved vaccines nearly 100%)

point here as well, off topic, is also that the TR roll out is slow and there is no reason why it is any faster in NC.
TR till now jabbed 290 doses per 1000 (germany 414, UK 755) and at the moment (last 7 day av) jabs 0,32% of the population daily, but UK is at 0,65% , US at 0,62% and Germany at 0,82%. ( all for a first OR second jab).

so, with that speed it will take until 2022 till herd-immunity. till then we may find out that sinovac does not help "good enough" against strains.... and we do have the UK variant in NC... and then?
iam very interested to see what EMA will say about Sinovac...

Chriswright03
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 46 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Chriswright03 »

I think we can agree that there is insufficient known about the virus and it's strains as yet and it is constantly changing.

Mass vaccination of an entire population cannot be logistically easy and considering all of the issues I still maintain the staff here are doing their utmost under very trying circumstances. Whether the Government could have done it better is a matter of opinion I guess but as they undoubtedly read what is posted on here at some point I think less said the better.

On another note pleased you were sorted at last Soner.

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 47 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

WHO have today approved Sinovac for emergency use. Good to hear.

steveodp
Kibkommer
Kibkommer

•   Message 48 of 50 in Discussion

Post by steveodp »

Soner wrote:
Sat 08 May 2021 3:57 pm
It was Sinopharm that was approved yesterday, with Sinovac likely to be approved shortly?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56967973

Soner
Kibkom
Kibkom

•   Message 49 of 50 in Discussion

Post by Soner »

steveodp wrote:
Sun 09 May 2021 7:08 am
Soner wrote:
Sat 08 May 2021 3:57 pm
It was Sinopharm that was approved yesterday, with Sinovac likely to be approved shortly?
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-56967973
:+1:) Thanks for correcting me.

kibsolar1999
Verified Business
Verified Business

•   Message 50 of 50 in Discussion

Post by kibsolar1999 »

kibsolar1999 wrote:
Fri 07 May 2021 10:43 am

3. on the website i supplied (https://asibilgisistemi.com/) , they give total (109.490), first (60.642) and second (48.848) shot numbers.
updated last time 23.04.2021!!

so, as of 23.4.21, 12,79% of the "inhabitants" are "fully" protected and a further 3,1% (11.794 people) got their first shot.
update website from 8.5.2021
121,841 total doses (now total 319 doses given per 1000) , of which
50,760 persons (13,28%) got 2 doses + 20,321 persons (5,32%) got a first dose.

so, during the last, say, 14 days, 12,351 doses has been given, of which 1912 persons got their second shot and 10,439 a first shot.
= approx 882 doses or 0,23% of the population a day.
which vaccine was used in which numbers is not said.
also not said is how many doses of which vaccine they have in stock.
"generally" i found info that till today TR supplied 140k Sinovac and the EU 20k Astra/Biontech.

Return to “THE KIBKOM NORTH CYPRUS FORUM”